Friday 17/18

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7632 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Book is called- The biggest, the best, the most beautiful places in the world

1.Uluru is the largest rock in the world.
2.It's three points kilometres long.
3.The world's highest waterfall is Angels falls in Venesuela, it is nine hundred seventy nine metres high.
4.The tallest building in the world is eight hundred twenty eight metres high.
5.the world's oldest city began in six hundred BC.
6.The world's longest railway goes from Moscow to Vladivostok.
7.The shortest runway in the world is four hundred metres long.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7633 nuo Renata
Pasvalys

Pasvalys is an old town in the north of Lithuania. Pasvalys named from the river Svalia. =Pasvalys is named after the river Svalia
There's a church built in 1787 years. =...built in the year 1787
There's a mineral source. = a mineral spring
Vytautas square, a library, a cultural centre there are in the centre of the town. = Vytautas Square,... a cuture centre are in the centre...
Near the hospital there's a Mills Museum. =the
There are three schools in Pasvalys.
There are several parks in Pasvalys, where you can to walk, run , play with children, ride a bike or admire great views. = you can walk, run....
Pasvalys is - green and quiet town, but there isn't a large supermarkets or big events. = Pasvalys is a green town.... but there aren't big supermarkets...
In the autumn the town celebrates its birthday. There's a beautiful feast.
I love to live in Pasvalys.
If you go along the way, please visit ours town.You are always welcome.

Great! :cheer:
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7636 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
What is his book called?
This basically about the biggest, the best, the most beautiful places in the world.

1. Uluru is the largest rock in the world.
2. It's three point six kilometres long.
3. The world's highest waterfall is Angels Falls in Venezuela, it’s 979 metres hight.
4 The tallest building in the world is Burdg Chalifa in Dubai it’s 828 metres high.
5 The world 's oldest city began in six hundred BC it’s Aleku in the Syria.
6 The world 's longest railway goes from Moscow to Vladivostok, it’s 9297 kilometres long.
7 The shortest runway in the world is 450 metres long.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Little Angel.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7639 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
A. What is his book called? It is about the biggest, the best, the most beautiful paces in the world. = The book is called Superlative Sites.

1. Uluru is the largest rock in the world.
2. It's three point six kilometres long.
3. The world's highest waterfall is in Venezuela. (name - Agels Falls, and 979m )
4. The tallest building in the world is eigh hundred and twenty eight metres high.
5. The world's oldest city began in six hundred BC.
6. The world's longest railway goes from Moscow to Vladivostok. (9297 km)
7. The shortest runway in the world is four hundred metres long.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7641 nuo Sia
Sia replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Pasvalys is a little, calm and green town. If you arrived in Pasvalys in the evening, you can stay for the night in the guest house "Šilas". It is in the very nice place near the lake ""Šilas" in the old park of the town , about 2,5 km of the center of the Pasvalys. If you like a sport, in the morning you can go to do exercise in the big stadium of this park about 350 m. from the hotel. There also is a futtboll field, a tennis and basketball courts, nearby is the river Lėvuo, where you can to swim (in summer).
The best place to buy more natural food in Pasvalys is the market, just it works from on the Wednesday, on the Friday and on the Saturday. The other places for shopping in Pasvalys are the habitual supermakets : "Maxima", ""Norfa"", Ïki", they are about 400 m,. from the Pasvalys bus station. There prices are the same that in other supermarkets in Lithuania. For the lunch you can go to eat in the caffe "Arka" in the center of Pasvalys , but the prices are lower in the canteen "Agis"'.
The most popular sightseeing places in Pasvalys are in the center of town: the Vytauto Square, the St. John Baptist Church, the Museum, the Public Library, the Culture Center, The Monument of Pasvalys town at the confluence of two riwers - Svalia and Lėvuo. It is very interesting to see in Pasvalys the Grennish spring, The Milstone Museum, the Monument to Deportees,, the "Pieno zvaigzdės" Sports arena, the Sinkhole park.
Are you welcome in Pasvalys

Wow! :woohoo: That is a very good account! I love it :)

Pasvalys is a little, calm and green town. If you arrived in Pasvalys in the evening, you can stay for the night in the guest house "Šilas". It is in the very nice place near the lake ""Šilas" in the old park of the town , about 2,5 km from the center of the Pasvalys. If you like sports, in the morning you can go to do exercise in the big stadium of this park about 350 m. from the hotel. There is also a football field, _ tennis and basketball courts (<-dgs.), nearby there is the river Lėvuo, where you can _ swim (in summer).
The best place to buy more organic food in Pasvalys is the market, only it works just on _ Wednesday, on _ Friday and on _ Saturday. The other places for shopping in Pasvalys are the ordinary supermakets : "Maxima", ""Norfa"", Ïki", they are about 400 m,. from the Pasvalys bus station. The prices there are the same as in other supermarkets in Lithuania. For _ lunch you can go to eat in the cafe "Arka" in the center of Pasvalys , but the prices are lower in the canteen "Agis"'.
The most popular sightseeing places in Pasvalys are in the center of town: the Vytauto Square, the St. John Baptist Church, the Museum, the Public Library, the Culture Center, The Monument of Pasvalys town at the confluence of two riwers - Svalia and Lėvuo. In Pasvalys, it is very interesting to see the Green Spring, The Milstone Museum, the Monument to Deportees,, the "Pieno zvaigzdės" Sports arena, the Sinkhole park.
You are welcome in Pasvalys

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7646 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Your homework for the eight of December:
Some words:
couchsurfing [kaučsiorfin] - keliavimas su nemokamom nakvynėm pas žmones; a backpacker [be:k pe: ke] - keliautojas su kuprine ant pečių; a pass [pe:s] - viešo transporto daugkartinis bilietas su nuolaida; casual [kežual] - neoficialus, formal - oficialus; a flatmate [fletmeit] - sugyventinis, bendranuomininkas; to confirm - patvirtinti; to save [seiv] - sutaupyti; a tourist attraction [tuerist atrekšn] - lankoma vieta;
regards [regardz] - Pagarbiai (oficiali laiško užbaiga); to confirm [kanfi/r/m] -patvirtinti.

Do the interactive exercises in unit 10B

Do the exercises for unit 10B in Workbook

Write on the Forum! Choose ONE task:
A.
You can listen to exercise 4 on iChecker and write the answers to my questions:

1. What countries did the speakers visit by couchsurfing?
2. What good did they get from couchsurfing?
3. How many people did have bad experiences when couchsurfing?

... or B.
You can write a formal email.

Go to page 115 in Student Book. Read the information about the White Cottage Hotel.
Write to them and ask for a room.
Tell them when you are going to come.
Tell how many rooms you are going to take.
Ask what else you can use at the hotel.
Ask to confirm your reservation.
Don't forget the words "Dear", "Regards".....

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7651 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Dear Mr and Mrs Buckingham,

I would like to make a reservation for a single room for two nights, from 26th to 28th August.
I am going to arrive by car at about 6.00 in the afternoon on the 26th. Is there a garage or a place where I can park near your house? May I take my cat?
Could you please confirm the reservation?
Regards.
V.G.

Arvydas‘ homework

I would like to make a reservation for a double room for one night, from 15th to 16th December.
I am going to arrive by bus at about 8.00 in the afternoon on the 15th. Is there a bath or a shower ?
Is there a bed or a couch?
Regards
A.S.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7656 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Dear Mr and Mrs Buckingham

I would like to make reservation for only one person.I would like to get single room for 2 nights .I arrive in 8th to 10th of December.I arrive by bus about 6 pm.I will arrive from Lithuania and i will be very tired.Possibly later i would like to take shower.Is shower or bath in your house?Could you please confirm mine the reservation?

Regards V.V

atvyksiu, būsiu pavargęs - I am going to arrive/ I am going to be tired
Yra - There is
...I would like to make reservation for only one person.I would like to get a single room for 2 nights .I am going to stay from 8th to 10th of December.I am going to arrive by bus about 6 pm.I will arrive from Lithuania and i will be very tired.Possibly later i would like to take a shower.Is there a shower or a bath in your house?Could you please confirm my reservation? ...

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7657 nuo Renata

I would like to make a reservation for a double room, for one week.From 20th to 27th December. We will arrive by plain on Wednesday the 20th of December at 9am.Could you meet us at the airport?
Can we rent a car? What's the price of the day?
Whether the house has a swiming pool or a gym.?
Are there any restaurants nearly?

Regards.

Renata Valeikiene

...We will arrive by plane on Wednesday the 20th of December at 9am.
Can we rent a car? What's the price for a day?
Does the house have a swiming pool or a gym.?
Are there any restaurants nearby?...

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7661 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Dear Mr and Mrs Bukingham,
I would like to make a reservation for a single room, for one week. From 20th to 27th of December. I'm going to arrive by car on Saturday on the 20th of December at 3 PM. Could you meet me? Is there a garage or a place where I can park my car? What's the price for it? Is there a restaurant nearly.? Are there a swimming pool or a gym?
Could you please confirm reservation?
Regards.
Janina Vaic.

... nearby? Is there a swimming pool or a gym? ...

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7663 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18

I would like to make a reservation for a single room in your cottage for the last weekend of December (from the 29th to the 1st of January). I am going to arrive by taxi about 8 o'clock early in the morning . Do you offer homemade breakfast and dinner for your guests? I would like to order these meals for three days, except for the 1st of January as I will leave at 6 in the morning.
Does your old house have central heating or do you use fireplaces? Should I bring warm cothes?
I would like to meet the New Year in your city of Dorchester. Is there going to be any public transport from your village to the city of Dorchester on the New Year's Eve? If not, is it possible to find a driver with a car for one night somewhere?
Could you please confirm my reservation? If the single room is taken, I would reserve a double .

Regards,
Jurate

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7665 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I would like to make a reservation for a double room for two nights,for 24th to 26th June.We are going to arrive by car at abaut8.00 in the afternoon on the 24th.Is there place where we can park near your hause?
Coud you please confirm the reservation?
Regards.
Palmira
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Palmira.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7666 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. What countries did the speakers visit by couchsurfing?
The four speakers visit by couchsurfing China, Rumania, England, Australia.
2. What good did they get from couchsurfing?
They makes contackts with countrys guys, hosts organize him the dinner, take him all a service, helps a visit the city.
3. How many people did have bad experiences when couchsurfing?
The one speaker visit by couchsurfing Rumania, but it’s did not well. Then was late, the American guest didn’t stop talking about himself all night. Speaker was tired and want goes to the bed.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7667 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18

I would like to make a reservation for a single room in your cottage for three nights. From the 8th to the 11th of December. I am going to arrive by bus about 11 o'clock in the morning.
Is there a place where I can park near your house?
Are there a museum near?
Are there a restaurant nearby?
Could you please confirm my reservation?

Regards,
Diana

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7668 nuo Sia
Sia replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I would like to make a reservation for a single room in the White Cottage for one person for five nights from 14th to 19th Decembre. I am going to arrive by bus at about 10.00 in the afternoon on the 14 th. Do you have a cooker for guests?(I like myself made food). Is there near a shop? Is there a possibility to rent a car?
Regards,
Sia

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7679 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
About my Christmas holiday plans

I like Christmas time. But I love waiting for Christmas more because something new happens every year. And our Chirstmas is going to be like last year Christmas. On Christmas Eve I‘m going to go to church at nine p.m. after family dinner with my parents and my aunt. I‘m going to come home late. I‘m going to go to bed late. I‘m going to wake up late. Next day I‘m going to go to the village, I‘m going to meet my brother and his family and we are going to have family lunch. The weather is going to be cold and wet. In the afternoon I‘m going to get home and to visit two old ladies at the old people centre what is in Joniškelio street. At home I‘m going to read Christmas poscards.

I need to send you a Christmas card! :woohoo:
One sentence to correct: ....at the old people's house which (kuris) is in Joniskelio street....

Arvydas‘ homework

My Christmas is going to be at home. Every year we are going to prepare a lof of food, 12 dishes 
I love cooking. I‘m going to help my mum to fried and to cook. On Christmas Eve Vilma is going to invite me to go to church.I‘m going to go together with her. The weather is going to be cold and slippery. So, my brother isn‘t going to come on Christmas Eve. He is going to come in the morning.
Santa Claus is going to visit us . We are going to meet him.

Jei sakote 'every year' turite vartoti paprastą esamą laiką.
to cook - gaminti maistą visais būdais , nereikia sakyti to fry and to cook (= kepti ir gaminti valgyti). Kepti ir virti = to fry and to boil some food.

.... Every year we prepare a lof of food, 12 dishes 
I love cooking. I‘m going to help my mum to cook: something to fry and something to boil.. .....

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7686 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I like Christmas time.To make preparation for Christmas take_ a lot of time.__Need to go to buy gifts,make a food, to decorate Christmas Tree.At Christmas time usually in the morning I am going to church. At day time i am staying at home with mine family but in _ evening i will go to my brother__ family.We will exchange gifts,we will eat and talk about ours future.Maybe will come more ours friends.It will be very fun.I like snow and i hope so that Christmas will be "White Christmas".

I'm sorry, I marked WILL in red. It isn't wrong to say WILL but for this homework the task is to use TO BE GOING TO ;)

Su usually visada vartoti paprastą esamą laiką: At Christmas time usually in the morning I go to church....
fun yra daiktavardis. Negalima vartoti su very. Very - labai - anglų kalboje vartojama tik su būdvardžiais (koks?) ir būdo prieveiksmiais (kaip?)

I like Christmas time. To make preparation for Christmas takes a lot of time. I need to go to buy gifts,make _ food, to decorate Christmas Tree.At Christmas time usually in the morning I go to church. At day I am going to stay at home with my family but in the evening I am going to go to my brother's family.We are going to exchange gifts,we are going to eat and talk about our_ future.Maybe more of our friends are going to come.It is going to be great fun.I like snow and I hope so that Christmas is going to be "White Christmas".

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7696 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
The baby Jesus is going to be born soon because Advent is now. This word means „coming". Advent lasts almost a month. It's the time of concentration and reflections. This time is mysterious. Christmas is ? very important feast for everyone. People are going to wait ? the Christmas. They are going to make special dishes. They are going to decorate houses. In the modern world people buy many gifts and give them to relatives. I try ? feel the spirit of the coming Christmas too. I'm going to buy gifts. I'm going to decorate the Christmas Tree. I'm going to make special food. I'm going to wait ? the guests. Christmas Eve is the evening before Christmas Day. That evening we are going to sit at the table. On the Lithuanian Eve ? Dinner Table there are Communion Wafers, Christmas Eve Cookies, cranberry kissel drink, fish, salads, apples, nuts, potatoes and so on... Before eating I'm going to tell a story which is known everyone and I'm going to remember ? last year. On Christmas Day we are going to take gifts from the Christmas Tree. We are going to have fun time. We're going to sit at the table too, but we're going to eat new food. And now we are dreaming about snowy winter days.

Wow, Janina, I love your comment! It is so good! :woohoo:
The question mark ? means (reiškia) that there is a word missing (trūkstamas) :)
Christmas - without 'the' (usually)
to wait + FOR
last year - praeitais metais (kada); THE last year - praeiti metai (kas)
I think it is better to say "to find gifts under the tree."

.... Christmas is A very important feast for everyone. People are going to wait FOR Christmas. I try TO feel the spirit of the coming Christmas too. ..... ............................ I'm going to wait FOR the guests. Christmas Eve is the evening before Christmas Day. That evening we are going to sit at the table. On the Lithuanian Christmas Eve Dinner Table there are Communion Wafers, Christmas Eve Cookies, cranberry kissel drink, fish, salads, apples, nuts, potatoes and so on... Before eating I'm going to tell a story which is known everyone and I'm going to remember THE last year. On Christmas Day we are going to find gifts under the Christmas Tree. We are going to have fun time. We're going to sit at the table too, but we're going to eat new food. And now we are dreaming about snowy winter days.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.410 sekundžių