Friday 17/18

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7549 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1.What news did Jenny tell to Rob in the office?
She said , It's her birthday today.

2.Why did Daniel invite Jenny to eat out?
Daniel invited for a working dinner in a restaurant.

3.What did she and Daniel order in the restaurant? Did they order dessert or coffee?
Jenny ordered the soup and the mashroom ravioli. Daniel ordered mozzarella salad and the chicken and a bottle of sparkling mineral water. They didn‘t order dessert, bat(=but) they ordered two decaffeinated espressos.

4.How does Jenny normally celebrate her birthday?
Nothing special. Maybe she will go out for dinner with her friends or will see a movie.

5.What did Daniel say to Jenny after the meal? How did Jenny answer?
Daniel asked, if she likes to go somewhere else. She answered she was a little tired.

6.What did Barbara say to Jenny on the phone?
They really like her idea. Rob Wolker is a great writer.

7.Where does Jenny want to go after the meal?
She wanted to meet the Rob and ask him.

8.What do you think, how is it going to end between Jenny, Daniel and Rob? Rob agreed to work with Jenny and went to _ USA. Daniel_ left without a worker. :( :silly:

... to the USA. Daniel was left without a worker :
to leave - išvykti, palikti (kitus) ;
to be left - būti paliktam.
Valstybės paprastai be artikelių, bet tos, kurių pavadinimuose yra 'Jungtinis' ar 'Sąjunga' ... - turi 'the'

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7557 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1.What news did Jenny tell to Rob in the office?
Janny says about her birthday

2.Why did Daniel invite Jenny to eat out?
Daniel invited for a working dinner in a restaurant.

3.What did she and Daniel order in the restaurant? Did they order dessert or coffee?
Jenny order the soup and the mushroom ravioli, Daniel order mozzarella salad ant the chicken. They didn’t order dessert or coffee. They order sparkling mineral water. (=They did order coffee! Please watch the video 'The end of the meal' :) )

4.How does Jenny normally celebrate her birthday?
Jenny normally celebrate_ her birthday, maybe with her friends, maybe she see_ a movie. (She celebrates, she sees )

5.What did Daniel say to Jenny after the meal? How did Jenny answer?
Daniel invite__go out somewhere after dinner. (he invites (arba invited) to go.... )

6.What did Barbara say to Jenny on the phone?
Barbara say_ to Jenny some good news. (=she says)

7.Where does Jenny want to go after the meal?
Jenny wants to go at home after the meal. = wants to go home ('home' - namo; 'at home' yra 'namuose')

8.What do you think, how is it going to end between Jenny, Daniel and Rob? Janny and Rob would be fine friends (Jenny)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7569 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Homework to do for the twenty fourth of November: :

Do the exercises in the unit 9C in the interactive book:

Do the exercises on pages 60 and 61 in the Workbook.

injured [indže/r/d] - sužeistas; an argument [a: /r/ gju: ment] ginčas; a contestant [kon tes tant] -konkurso, varžybų dalyvis, varžovas.

Use iChecker to listen about the cities of Birmingham in Europe and in America. (exercise 5).[/color][/size]

3. IF you have time:
open iChecker, go to TESTS and do the test for FILE 9

Write on the Forum your opinion in two or three sentences. Choose only one topic! Use superlatives...

Parašykite Forume savo nuomonę 2-3 sakiniais.Pasirinkite vieną temą ir naudokite būdvardžių laipsnius!

1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because.....
(OR the opposite: I think living in a city is better than in the country because....)

2. I think beautiful people are happier (OR unhappier) than clever people because......
3. I think living in Lithuania is better (OR worse) than in rich Western countries because...
4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier (OR unhealthier) than having big dinner because....

You can use these adjectives:
quiet, noisy, bad, good, beautiful, ugly, busy, empty, dirty, clean, healthy, unhealthy, fast, slow, comfortable, safe, dangerous, interesting, entertaining, boring, cheap, expensive, difficult, easy, ..... and so on....

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7577 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because.....everyone likes an atmosphere there than in a city.
(OR the opposite: I think living in a city is better than in the country because....there are a lot of cultural events in a city than in the country).

2. I think beautiful people are happier (OR unhappier) than clever people because......
beautiful people don‘t worry about anything;
beautiful people have higher self esteem than clever poeple.
3. I think living in Lithuania is worse than in rich Western countries because...
Lithuanians earn less money than people in rich Western countries;
Lithuanians are less polite than people in rich Western countries.
4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier (OR unhealthier) than having big dinner because....
You can have normal calorie content;
You can fell less hungry in the evening.

Arvydas‘ homework
1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because.....there is more nature in the country than in the city.
(OR the opposite: I think living in a city is better than in the country because.... it‘s more interesting to live in a city than in the country.)

beautiful people look better than clever people;
beautiful people keep fit more often than clever people.
3. I think living in Lithuania is better (OR worse) than in rich Western countries because...
Lithuanians are more sincere than people in rich Western countries;
Lithuania is richer of water than other European countries.
doctors recommend eating breakfast more often than having big dinner;
people who eat big breakfast have more energy.

I'm sorry, I won't correct it because there is too much chaos in here!

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7580 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. I think livelihood in the country is cheaper than in a city because everything is cheap.

2. I think wealthy people is more happier than poor people because they have a lot of money. =happier (nereikia 'more')

3. I think living in Lithuania is more expensive than living in EU countries because prices is abnormal there. (=are)

4.I think eating until 6 pm is more healthier than eating after 6 pm because you are less grab weight loss.=I think eating until 6 pm is healthier than eating after 6 pm because you are less likely to put on more weight.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7586 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because there are quieter, more beautiful nature. Weather in the country is better and cleaner than in a city.

2. I think beautiful people are happier than clever people because they have less clever problemes. Beautiful people like more comfortable life.

3. I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because there are better food, cleaner weather, more beautiful nature.

4. I think eating big breakfast is unhealthier than having big dinner because body is unawakened in the morning.

Jei vienaskaita eina iškart - reikia sakyti there is
Jei daugiskaita eina pirma - reikia sakyti there are
protingų problemų nebūna
the weather - yra oro sąlygos
the air - yra oras, kuriuo kvėpuojame

1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because there is quieter, more beautiful nature. The air in the country is better and cleaner than in a city.

2. I think beautiful people are happier than clever people because they have less clever people's problems. Beautiful people like more comfortable life.

3. I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because there is better food, cleaner air, more beautiful nature.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7587 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier than having big dinner because...
You are slimmer than someone who _ having big dinner. (is)
In the evening, when you go to the gym, you can feel batter than someone who _ having big dinner.
You are more beautiful than someone who is fatter.

...who is having dinner...
...better [bete] - geriau, geresnis; batter [ba:te]- skysta tešla

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7589 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1.I think living in the country is better than in a city because. there's fresh air, cheaper living, there you can have pets...
I think living in a city is better than in the country because there's more fun, more events, more employments for children

2. I think beautiful people are happier than clever people because, they are more relaxed.

3. I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because, I love my country, I love nature, There is cleaner air.

4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier than having big dinner because it is better to go to sleep less eating.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Renata.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7593 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1.I think living in the country is better than a city because there is a beautiful nature.
2.I think beautiful people are happier than clever people because they are entertaining.
3.I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because this is my birthplace.
4. I think eating big breakfast is unhealthier than having big dinner because the body becomes harder and it is harder to work.Today,doktors advise so your stomach is empty in the morning.

nature - be 'a' nes neskaičiuotinis, bendrinė sąvoka:
1.I think living in the country is better than a city because the nature is more beautiful in the country.
hard - kietas, o sunkus - tik kalbant apie darbą, veiklq. Sunkus kalbant apie svorį - heavy:
4. I think eating big breakfast is unhealthier than having big dinner because the body becomes heavier / lazier and it is harder to work.Today,doctors advise to keep your stomach empty in the morning.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7594 nuo Jurate
Simona, you can't think of one thing as worse and better at the same time. Write your true opinion! :(

I'm a little disappointed with your homework, people.
I wanted you to choose ONE topic and talk about it a little bit. But it doesn't matter now. :side:

Janina understood the homework well ;)

3:
I think living in a Western European country is better than in Lithuania, because Western people are freer: they think and behave more freely, they have more confidence in theirselves and they enjoy the life more. They go out more than Lithuanians. The night life in Western cities is much more interesting, much more vibrant. There are more clubs and pubs for all the ages.

A Western country is better for those people who want to start their own business. Small business people are always more successful in the West. They make more money, they have less problems with the government regulations. Their businesses often grow bigger. They like to pass their businesses to their children. In Lithuania small business people are more unhappy with their laws. Lithuanian business owners are ruder to their workers and less fair to their costumers .

Western people more enjoy meeting for various activities. Various night classes like art, sport, cooking or studying are more popular with Western people than with Lithuanians. . In Lithuania there are less night classes and few volunteers. Lithunians prefer to spend their time at home with their families. They trust less their neighbours and their communities. Streets, cafes and pubs go very quiet in Lithuania in the evening.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7598 nuo Sia
Sia replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I think living in the country is better than in a city because there life is healthier , quieter, more romantic. In the country the air is cleaner, there you can plant a lot of fruiters and greenstufs and so get more natural, healthier and frecher food than in a city. In the country living is cheaper (unpaid water..). If you like home animals, in the country you can create better conditions for their life . Usually In the country the people are friendlier, simplier, so there you can easier find the companions. In the country you more often can stay in _ private nature place and see more beautifull nature landskapes than in a city.

... fruit trees and other green stuff...
... water for free.... (unpaid - neapmokėtas)
a private place

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7605 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because there are fresh and not polluted weather, you can have pets, and there are not so much noise.

2. I think beautiful people are unhappier than clever people because in the life is a few troubles which get over can just smart people .
Just happiness just happiness can not get over a troubles than mind

3. I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because I love my country, there is my friends, family.

4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier than having big dinner because breakfast is our day's the beginning.

1. I think living in the country is better than in a city because there is fresh and not polluted air, you can have pets, and there is not so much noise.

2. I think beautiful people are unhappier than clever people because in the life there are a few troubles which just smart people can get through.
Just happiness can not take through troubles if there isn't a clever mind. (a mind - sąmonė apskritai, reikia patikslinti ar kvaila, ar protinga)

3. I think living in Lithuania is better than in rich Western countries because I love my country, there are my friends, family.

4. I think eating big breakfast is healthier than having big dinner because breakfast gives the start for our day.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7607 nuo Jurate
Here is your homework for the next Friday (the second of December):

Unit 10A in the interactive book:

Some words:
superlative [siupe/r/letiv] - aukščiausio laipsnio
a mall [mo:l] a shopping mall - parduotuvių centras (pvz., kaip Babilonas)
a department [de pa: /r/ tment] - univermagas

The exercises in the workbook:

Write on the Forum. Choose ONE of two tasks:
A:
Write the sentences from the iCecker audio.

Some words:
superlative sites - pačios pačiausios vietos
to come out - išeiti, pasirodyti
Ayer's rock [ejerz rok] Ejerso uola
Angels Falls [folz] Angelų krioklys
a man-made structure -žmogaus statinys
incredible [inkredibl] - neįtikėtina
to date [deit] datuoti
BC=before Christ - prieš Kristų
continuously inhabited [kantinju azli] pastoviai gyvenamas
a runway [ran wei] - pakilimo/nusileidimo takas
Dutch [dač] Danijos
a drop -nuolydis

B
.... OR give a piece of advice to a foreigner about the best thing to do or to see in your town.
(Where is it the best to eat? Or to shop? Where is it the best to go sightseeing? Why?)

My piece of advice to a foreigner:
Don't go to the pubs in Birzai street because they sell the cheapest and the worst quality beer. Pasvalys pubs are for the poorest people who only want to get drunk. These places are the noisiest and the most untidy to eat at. There aren't any nice meals, only some snacks to go with beer. These places have bad reputation among the locals. Everyone goes to eat to the town centre where there are a few cafes and a restaurant.
If you want to taste our local beer go and buy a bottle or a bigger container at the brewery near Pasvalys hospital. The brewery is called Alsteka and I think it makes the best beer in the town.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7618 nuo Simona
My dear friend,

If you want to go and to visit Pasvalys the best time is spring or summer. In spring and summer time or at the beginning of September the weather is more pleasant to go sightseeing. Don‘t do it at night.Then you can see nothing.
Pasvalys centre is the best place to start your sightseeing. There are a few important buildings: the church of St. Jean Baptist, the cultural centre, the library. You can take photos near the parish house on the shore of Lėvuo.
Choose two directions: go along the river Svalia or go Kalno street. At the end of Kalno street you can find Mill museum or to stop near the Green sourse when you go back to Pasvalys centre.
If you like nature visit two parks: one is not far from
Pasvalys centre, other bigger park is futher but you can get it by foot.
So, put on your comfortable shoes and have a nice day in Pasvalys.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7619 nuo Simona
Arvydas' homework
If you want to go sightseeing
I want to write and
to tell where you can get exciting impresions. Rent a car, choose Ryga‘s direction
and go 19 kilometres until you see a
little forest and a cafe. Then stop, get off your car, go right. Visit the Dinosaur park and the zoo. Remember, you must buy two tickets.On working days tickets are
cheaper.
The zoo is exciting for children and for adults: there are a lot of various animals: a lion, monkeys, bears, kangaroos, birds, foxes, rabbits. I was surprised because I could open the door and to stroke kangaroos.
Don’t forget the Dinosaur park. Go one kilometre
through the little forest and enjoy dinosaurs. They roar, they move their tails but they are not dangerous.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Simona.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7620 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
The best places to visit Biržai:

Best time to visit city Biržai is warm season.First you need to start to visit city is center.You can see castle of Biržai.Inside of castle is museum and library.Near castle is river ''Agluona" and lake ''Širvena''.Near the river at night when is dark you can watch colored fountains.Yet at Birzai is long bridge through the lake ''Širvena'.You can walk till castle of ''Astarvas".If you have time i offer to visit the tower"Kirkilai".It is not so far just 6 kilometers from Birzai.There is some small lakes and amazing nature.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7627 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
A 1. Uluru is the largest rock in the world.
2.It's three point six kilometres long.
3.The world's highest waterfall is in Venezuela Angels Falls.
4.The tallest building in the world is eight hundred twenty eight metres high.
5.In the world's oldest city began in six hundred BC.
6.The world's longest railway goes from Moscow to Vladivostok.(9297km.)
7.The shortest runway in the world is four hundred metres long.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7628 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
A. What is his book called? It about the biggest, the best, the most beautiful paces in the world.
1. Uluru is the largest rock in the world.
2. It's three point six kilometres long.
3. The world's highest waterfall is in Venezuela.
4. The tallest building in the world is eigh hundred and twenty-eight metres high.
5. The world's oldest city began in six hundred BC.
6. The world's longest railway goes from Moscow to Vladivostok.
7. The shortest runway in the world is four hundred metres long.

B. I would like to say it for a foreigner.
I can walk and see our town with you. Let's say we have few hours for it. First we go to the center of town. I think there is the most beautiful place of Pasvalys. We could walk slowly on Vytautas Square and to enjoy the wonderful buildings. Then we could go to the Museum of the country of Pasvalys. Pasvalys Museum has more than few exhibition departments: ethnografy, history, geology, archeology and so on. I think it is the most interesting place in the town, because you can see and hear a lot. Then we could go to the Sinkhole park. We could rest here and see something more interesting. Then we could go to the cafe „Paradise Bird". After lunch we could go to the library. There we will meet nice people and we will read some magazines. And will come the time to say goodbye.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Janina.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.389 sekundžių