Friday 17/18

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7476 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I make little=a small breakfast in the morning. Often I make porridge, I like buckwheat, grits, vegetables porridge. Also I make different soups for lunch. I have breakfast at 7 a. m. but I drink coffee at work with biscuits or sweets. I eat fruits at work, drink water.
My lunch is at 12 a. m. at midday. I go home, because I work near my haus=house, only 7 minutes walk and I have lunch. I eat usual different soups, it dependence or vegetables, or grits. I don’t make meat dishes, I like fish dishes. I like vegetables salads, cheese.
After work, at home I make tea, sandwiches, eat curd. I don’t like cooking, but I want to eat and make meal at home.

vegetable soup, vegetable salad - nes daiktavardiški apibūdinimai yra vienaskaita;
grits - kukurūzų košė. Be žodžio porridge. It was new for me too :silly:

3:
... I usually eat different soups, vegetables or grits, it depends. ...

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7477 nuo Sia
Sia replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Today for breakfast I had a cup of the green tea and two apples.
Usually for my lunch I have the home made food, but today in the lunch time I was near an eating - house. I was in hurry, so I descended there. I bought for my lunch--> two dishes., it was the pea soup and the potato pancakes with sauce. It was delicious.
For lunch I had a vegetable salad with the black bread and a glass of milk with cookes.

Today for breakfast I had a cup of _ green tea and two apples.
Usually for my lunch I have _ home made food, but today at lunch time I was near a cantine/ a cafeteria (valgykla). I was in a hurry, so I went there. I bought two dishes for my lunch, it was _ pea soup and _ potato pancakes with sauce. It was delicious.
For lunch I had _ vegetable salad with _ black bread and a glass of milk with cookies.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7480 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Breakfast: I had a cup of coffee and two eggs.

For lunch I ate a meat with some cucumber. (=I ate meat - neskaičiuotinis yra be 'a')

And for dinner I ate a porridge with _ glass milk. (I ate porridge (neskaičiuotinis) with a glass of milk (skaičiuotinis). )

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7484 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Thank you everyone for your comments about your daily meals!
This time you have to give me the recipe of your favourite dish! I can't wait to read :woohoo:

What to do for the tenth of November?
Remember these words about food containers

a container [konteine]- talpa, tara, talpykla

Listen to the prononciation of the words lasagne, tomato and potato here: en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/lasagne

If you have time, watch one episode of Dinner Dates on ITV :

www.itv.com/hub/dinner-date/1a8783a0181

Do these exercises in your notebook. It's on pages 56,57 and 58 in the workbook.
Use the iChecker.

a coconut [koukanat] - kokoso riešutas; a lolly [loli] - čiulpinukas
to roast, - kepti krosnyje, orkatėje; a roast - kepsnys
sour [saue] - rūgštus ;
gravy [greivi] -tirštas angliškas mėsos padažas; to pour [pue] - pilti skystį

Do only this exercise on page 58

Write on the Forum - share the recipe of your favourite dish!

I want to share the recipe of pumpkin semolina porridge with you. I made it twice last week :)
To make pumpkin and semolina porridge you will need:
1. to buy a packet of semolina (manų). You can use grits (kukurūzų kruopas) instead of semolina. It is good too!
2. to get a big slice of pumpkin. You can buy it in a local shop or the market if you don't grow it yourself...
3. a little bit of salt.
4. A medium size cup of milk.

Take a pot and put it on the stove.
Pour about half of a cup of water with a little bit of salt in the pot.
Put in grated pumpkin and boil it for a minute. Then let it cool down (leiskite atvėsti).
Turn on the fire and slowly mix 3 to 5 spoonfuls of semolina in the water. I usually start cooking porridge in cold water because the porridge cooks better this way.
When the pot starts to boil, cover the pot and cook the porridge for about two or three minutes on a slow fire - very slow fire. Don't forget to check the porridge and stir it well.([stio] pamaišykite gerai)
When the porridge starts getting thick ([th ik] tiršta), pour the milk, and stir everything again.
Continue to cook and to stir on a very slow fire for several minutes.
I sometimes leave the pot on the stove when I turn off the fire. I cover the pot with a towel and wait for a bit.
I eat this porridge with a little butter and pieces of fruit. Bananas or persimmons taste very good with this porridge for me.

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7503 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Arvydas‘ recipe

Delicious pancakes

You can mix up one egg, some water, some flour and a little bit of salt. I use a special frying pan for pancakes: I can flip up my pancakes in the air. We like to eat them with jam 

You have to mix up one egg, some water..... I can flip my pancakes in the air....

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7504 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I don‘t like to cook at all. But I must do it sometimes.

Mushrooms with tomato sauce and onions
At first I slice one onion, I turn on the fire and I fried it. Then I put a little bit of salt and a few spoonfuls of tomato sauce. I mix up quickly.So, my dish is prepared. You can eat it warm or cool.

Your recipe isn't good - it doesn't have any mushrooms!

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7514 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Salad recipe.

You need to have: Beijing cabbage

2-3 tomatoes

One cucumber

Some mayonnaise

Half _tin of cornflakes pusė ko nors: half a...pusė skardinės - half a tin...

A little bit of salt

Prepare: _ Need to cut Beijing cabbage,tomatoes,cucumber to cut to small piece_.Everything to put up to _ bowl, add some mayonnaise,a little bit of salt and everything to mix. :)

Thank you! I like your recipe :cheer:
To prepare: you need to cut napa cabbage, tomatoes, and the cucumber in small pieces. Put everything in a bowl, add some mayonnaise, a little bit of salt and _mix everything...

Beijing cabbage = napa cabbage :cheer:

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7518 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Flush (užtepėlė) recipe
To make Flush you will need ? avocado, sauerkraut, garlic, ground black pepper. All ingredients ground with _ crusher and put on same bread, on same french bread. It’s deliciousness and healthy.

Is Flush the specific name for this dish? My dictionary says that flush is 'srautas', 'paraudimas, 'nuleidziamas vanduo'. :) In English anything you put on bread is called topping or spread (užtepas).
Do you need one avocado or a piece of avocado?

To make this bread topping you will need one? avocado, sauerkraut, garlic, ground black pepper. You need to grind all ingredients with the mortar and pestle ? , put on some bread, on some French bread...

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7519 nuo Jurate
Simona, you flip over pancakes in the air (and not flip up).
But you are correct when you say "I mix up eggs" (at the start I thought it was a mistake too, but I was wrong.)

Little Angel:
Do you crush your avocado and sauerkraut with the pestle and mortar (piesta) ?

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7522 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Zeppelin's recipe
You need to peel and grate potatoes. To drain the excessive liquid. To add salt to your taste. Then you need to mince meat. Add some onion, salt and pepper. Then bring water to a boil. Put some salt. You have grated potato mass and minced meat for stuffing.
You make a ball out of the potato mass, flatten it(suplojate), put some meat on it, then make a ball
or zeppelin so that meat is inside and potato mass is outside. Put cepelinai into boiling water. Lower the heat and boil for about 40 minutes.
Take out very carefully not to ruin the form. Cepelinai is usually served with sour cream and cracklings.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7523 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I can share the recipe of baked vegetables with you.
To make this dish you will need:
1. four potatoes
2. one carrot
3. two onions
4. some garlic
5. a little slice of pumpkin
6. some paprica
7. some parsley
8. a little bit of salt
9. some black pepper
10. two spoons of oil
It's for two people.

Cut potatoes, onions, some garlic, one carrot, a slice of pumpkin, some paprica, some parsley.
Take a bowl. Put in vegetables. Put in some black pepper and a little bit of salt. Then mix it.
Take a baking tray. Pour oil, put in vegetables. Then fried it in the oven heated to 200 degrees for 30 minutes.
Eat these vegetables with boiled sausage or with boiled chicken.

Then bake it ARBA Then roast it = tada kepkite tai... (nes orkaitėje gaminti vartojama 'to bake' arba 'to roast')

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7525 nuo Jurate
Janina, your recipe is wonderful! I love baked vegetables and I have a new oven. I'm going to try your recipe one day soon :)

There were two mistakes in your homework with the verb:
to fry [frai] kepti ne orkaitėje
Fry! - kepk, kepkite;
I fry/ you fry/ he,she, it fries - kepu/ kepi/ kepa;
I'm frying - šiuo momentu kepu;
I'm going to fry - planuoju kepti / dabar kepsiu
I fried - iškepiau (praeityje)
I have fried - štai iškepiau dabar ARBA yra tekę kepti

Violeta,
Your recipe of Lithuanian cepelinai (potato dumplings) is brilliant! :) Now I want some cepelinai for lunch .

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7526 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Žemaičių pancakes
You need 1 kilogram of potatoes,to cook and to crush them.To put 100grams _ flour and 100grams_ semolina,some salt,do not need an egg.To mix everything.Then you have to do panacakes and put the curd inside.Baked and eat with sour cream.Enjoy your meal!

to crush - sutraiškyti, suskaldyti; to mash - sutrinti
to do - daryti, užsiimti veikla (nieko nesukuriant); to make - pagaminti, padaryti gaminį

You need 1 kilogram of potatoes,to cook and to mash (sutrinti) them.To put 100grams of flour and 100grams of semolina,some salt,do not need an egg.To mix everything.Then you have to make pancakes and put the curd inside. Bake and eat with sour cream. Enjoy your meal!

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7527 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
A stew with chicken
You will need: three carrots, two onions, one red or yellow chilli, chicken breast, some oil, some black pepper and two or three tomatoes.

You have _ cut carrots and onions and red or yelow chilli. Then turn on a pan and to heat and puor some oil. Then you can put all a vegetables and to roast. Little bit wait you can put cut a chicken breast with tomatoes and black pepper. All to stir and to roast. This dish you can eat with rice.

stew - troškinys; a stew - viena (porcija) troškinio;
to turn on (įjungti) the stove or the fire (not the pan)
Wait a little bit - palaukite truputį, after waiting a little bit - palaukus truputį...

Stew with chicken
You will need: three carrots, two onions, one red or yellow chilli, a chicken breast, some oil, some black pepper and two or three tomatoes.

You have to cut the carrots and onions and red or yelow chilli. Then turn on the fire, put the pan on and pour some oil. Then you can put all vegetables and fry it. Wait a little bit and then you can put the chopped chicken breast with tomatoes and black pepper. Stir everything and fry. You can eat this dish with rice.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7529 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Pasta with bacon and tomato sauce

Ingredients: 1 red onion, 2 red peppers, 100 g. bacon, 1 can of tomatoes, 1 cup of water, olive iol, garlic, oregano, 50 g. pasta per person.
Method: Cut the onion, red peppers and bacon in to small pieces. Heat some olive oil in a pan and fry the onion, red peppers and bacon. Add oregano, garlic, tomatoes and water cook for 20 minutes. Cook the pasta in a big pot of boiling water. Serve pasta with the souce, and enjoy. :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7532 nuo Jurate
Hello everyone! Please get ready for the next meeting on the 17th of November - do the homework :cheer:

1. Watch the videos in the Unit 9 - Practical English. Do the exercises.

2. Write on the Forum - answer my questions about the videos.
Do you remember who Daniel, Jenny and Rob is?
If not, let me remind you :) They work for the weekly magazine 24/7 which comes out (išeina, yra leidžiamas) in the USA and in the UK. Jenny works in New York office, she's a new manager there. Daniel and Rob work in London office. Daniel is a boss and Rob is a journalist. Jenny had to go to practice to London office. She met Rob and Daniel there. Rob showed Jenny around London and they became good friends. Daniel also was very nice to Jenny...
...After you watch the videos, please write:
1.What news did Jenny tell to Rob in the office?
2.Why did Daniel invite Jenny to eat out?
3.What did she and Daniel order in the restaurant? Did they order dessert or coffee?
4.How does Jenny normally celebrate her birthday?
5.What did Daniel say to Jenny after the meal? How did Jenny answer?
6.What did Barbara say to Jenny on the phone?
7.Where does Jenny want to go after the meal?
8.What do you think, how is it going to end between Jenny, Daniel and Rob?

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7545 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Working dinner

1. Jenny said to Rob in the office, that today is her birthday.She also thanked his for yesterday's afternoon.
2.Daniel invited Jenny for working dinner.
3. Daniel has ordered mozzarella salad and chicken.
Jenny has ordered soup and mushroom ravioli.
Later they ordered sparkling mineral water.after meal they ordered two espresso coffee.
4.Jenny will celebrate her birthday with friends. She will go for dinner with them.
5.Daniel said that Jenny has very beautiful eyes..
6.Barbara said that Rob is a very good writer.
7. After dinner Jenny wants to go home , because she is tired.
8.I think that Rob and Jenny to fall in love.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. nuo Renata.

More
prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 5 mėn. #7548 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
1. Jenny says she likes London, she had a lot of work last night and it's her birthday today.
2. Daniel invite_ Jenny for a working dinner. (he invites)
3. They did order the soup, the mushroom ravioli, the mozzarella salad and a decaf espresso. (Just one cup? 'a' reiškia vieną puodelį...)
4. She go_ out for dinner with friends or see_ a movie. (she goes, she sees)
5. Daniel invite_ _ go out somewhere after dinner. Jenny says she is tired. (he invites to go...)
6. Barbara said we really like your idea about Rob Walker.
7. Jenny wants to go home after the meal.
8. Nothing is going to change. Jenny go_ back to New York and it's all over. (she goes)

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.391 sekundžių