Friday 17/18

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7401 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: Friday 17/18
I think everyone knows a TV show „Golden mind". This is an intellectual game. There you can win a great prize. But my story is about TV show „Yes and No". That was a long time ago. At that time there was an intellectual game „Yes and No". The host TV show was Arūnas Valinskas. I didn't want to win a prize. I just sent them the question. Nobody didn't know the answer. That question was about cereal cultivation... I didn't see that TV game where my question sounded... I worked at the library that day. And the agranomist came to me. He was in that TV show. He didn't know the answer too. Now he wanted to know where I found that question. The question was from a children's book...It's the truth.

... Nobody knew the answer. Anglų kalboje su 'Nobody' ar 'No one' ar 'Nothing' eina teigiamas vieksmažodis
It's the truth ARBA It's true :
truth yra daiktavardis + konkretus atvejis=reikia artikelio 'the';
true - būdvardis (teisinga, tikra), artikelio nereikia. Anglai dažnai sako 'It's true', kaip kad lietuviai sako 'Tai tiesa'

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7405 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Friday 17/18
So what was your question? Can you tell us? :)

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7407 nuo Janina
I don't remember the question. I just remember how this children's book look like. I think this book is at the library now too. I would like to find this book.

I just remember how this children's book look like.=
I just remember what this children's book looks like.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7413 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Adventure in the mountains

My last holiday was in Georgia. Georgia is a wonderful country.We travel_ed together with my husband. We were in Georgia about three weeks.It was September. This September was very hot in Georgia._ Was about 36 degrees of heat.We lived in _ mountains village for one week. Every day we walked around the village.
One day we went to the mountains.Up to the mountains _ was 10 kilometers.I'm very tired. It was very sunny and hot. I stayed at the hill. My husband climbed up.It's been 4 hours. but he hasn't returned.I started to worry.I climbed on to the stone and watched.I hadn't no water or food. Got scared.
It's been half an hour.
There wasn't a single person around.Iwas thinking, that I needed to spend the nigt in the mountains alone.I drinked mountains water.
Finally I saw my husband. He got lost higt.
He needed to go _ _mountains river.. He was wet and hungry.
We happily returned to the hotel.
It was _ memorable day.

It is such a good comment! Thanks God your adventure had a happy ending :cheer:
My last holiday was in Georgia. Georgia is a wonderful country.We travelled together with my husband. We were in Georgia about three weeks.It was September. This September was very hot in Georgia. It was about 36 degrees of heat.We lived in a mountain village for one week. Every day we walked around the village.
One day we went to the mountains.Up to the mountains it was 10 kilometers.I was very tired. It was very sunny and hot. I stayed at the hill. My husband climbed up.It'd been 4 hours. but he hadn't returned.I started to worry.I climbed on to the stone and watched.I had no water or food. Got scared.
It's been half an hour.
There wasn't a single person around. I was thinking, that I needed to spend the night in the mountains alone.I drank mountain water.
Finally I saw my husband. He got lost on the heights.
He needed to go across a mountain river.. He was wet and hungry.
We happily returned to the hotel.
It was a memorable day.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7423 nuo vaixinas
vaixinas replied the topic: Friday 17/18
How usually on Sunday i am playing national lottery "Teleloto" and one time i was surprised so i just not won golden a pot that lottery. Was not enough numbers of to win it.So i am do not succeed in any lottery. :(

Usually on Sunday I play national lottery "Teleloto" and one time I was surprised because I almost won the golden pot of that lottery. I was so close but there weren't enough numbers to win the pot. So I still haven't succeeded in any lottery. :(

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7425 nuo Jurate
Thank you for your homework!
I hope the others will write too.

This is Arvydas' story about a ghost:

My grandfather told me one story. It happened in the dark night. One man went home. He was alone. Suddenly he saw something white in the graveyard. That strange object moved from left to right, from right to left. He thought: “I saw a terrible ghost!” He started running. Next morning a few men went to work and they found a nice white goat inside the graveyard.

This is Simona's story about her neighbour's trick:

That story happened more than 10 years ago. It was The New Year’s Eve. About 10 p.m. my father answered the phone. He heard one man’s voice. That voice said: “This is a police. Why did you commit a crime?”. My father was shocked and his face became white. Than the calling man said: “I’m your neighbour next door, please, come to eat and drink, we are waiting for you!”.

See you on Friday at 4 PM. Wait for me at the entrance of the library - I will let you in.
Every last Friday of the month the library is closed for cleaning. Tomorrow we will go in through the back door :)

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7428 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
It was "Ugavėnių" evening. I was seven and my friend was nine years old . We dressed longs, colorfuls skirts and put terribles masks on the fases. We went around village and knocked to the people doors and sang short song. Than we got a lot of sweets and pancakes. We was so happy! Saddenly, we saw big, black dog with big, wthite teeth. We verry scared and started ran and dog started us chased. We screamed and cryed and ran to my friend grandmather's yard. Finally, us heard her gradmather and she us rescued from the angry dog.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7429 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
It happened to me this weekend.I played with my dog.I throw the ball,Ambera(my dog's name) caught and brought the ball.I bowed down to take the ball,my dog ran and hit me on the face.Will be my eye blue,I thought.My husband came here and said,,the people will say that he did it''.All evening I put ice on my eye.And my eye wasn't blue.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7430 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: Friday 17/18
4 reading. F T F F

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7431 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Homework.
Priedai:

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7432 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Once I with my friends traveled to the lake Baikal in Russia. Baikal is the word’s deepest lake. People say, when Baikal is angry, the hight wind is up and surge up 4-6 metres. We decided go by boats to the island of the lake, because it seems as near. The drunk boatmen gave as boats and we rowed to the island. Unfortunately, for a long time we were far from waterside and far from island, also began to rain, but wasn’t storm. We were tired returned to the waterside in the evening. After guide told, we were about 7 kilometres from waterside like and depth of the lake was about 30 metres. It was very well sailing.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7460 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: Friday 17/18
My daily food

I get up at half past six.
First I drink two glasses of water.
I have bread with cheese or sausage for breakfast.Sometimes I eat porridge with jam..
Later I drink a large cup of white coffe.
At 1 PM I have soup
I often cook pumpkin soup in the autumn.Many pumpkins have grown this year.
I eat meat for the second meal.Often I eat chicken with vegetables.
Later I like to drink a cup of tea with sweets.I often bake the buns in the cold season.
I eat vegetables salad in the evenings.
Before going to sleep I eat fruit.

Wonderful! There are no big mistakes, just two very little :cheer: :
I bake _ buns (bandeles apskritai, ne konkrečias, todėl nereikia 'the')
vegetable soup - daržovių sriuba (kai apibūdinimas padaromas iš daiktavardžio, tas daiktavardis paprastai būna vienaskaitoje)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7462 nuo Jurate
Thanks Renata for your homework. You did it very well and you are ahead of all of us this time! :cheer:

So, what to do for the third of November?
Remember the words from our lesson 9A:

eat - ate =[i:t - e:t]= valgyti - valgė
a meal - valgis, a dish - patiekalas; a recipe [resipi] - receptas
the starter - užkandis; the main course / the main dish - pagrindinis patiekalas; the dessert [ de -sio:t] desertas
crisps - traškučiai, porridge [poridž] - košė;
! fish - žuvis ir žuvys: one fish, two fish, three fish....
! fruit [fru:t] - vaisiai; vienas vaisiui - a piece of fruit

You can listen to the pronounciation of some food words in this video:

a queue - eilė...

Do the exercises of unit 9A from the interactive book:

Write on the forum about what you ate yesterday. Or maybe on All Saints' Day?

Read the text "What I ate yesterday"from the interactive book and write the same about you:

chariso [čarisou] is the type of spanish sausage.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7463 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Breakfast.
Yesterday I had a cup of coffee and some soup with bread.

Lunch.
I had two tomatoes and pasta with meat.

Dinner.
I had a cup of coffee, a bowl of porridge and an apple.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7464 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Arvydas' diet :-)
Breakfast.
Yesterday I had a cup of coffee and two sandwiches with cheese.

Lunch.
I had one bowl of rise porridge with some chicken.

Dinner.
I had a glass of milk and a bowl of cereal.

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7465 nuo Janina
I ate it yesterday.

Breakfast: I got up early. I had some water and went out to feed my animals. When I came into my kitchen I made my breakfast. I had a cup of tea and some porrige. I ate an apple and some grapes. Then I went to my doctor.
Lunch: So my diet has to be verry strict now. I made a dish from a lot of vegetables: some potatoes, some carrots, some paprica, some parsley, some pumpkin, some onions, some garlic, some black peppers, some salt. I had a boiled chicken and vegetables. It was tasty. Still I had a cup of thyme tea.
Dinner: I had a cup of chamomile tea. Then I ate some apples and I made my soup from vegetables and groats. And then I ate my thick soup. I'm not a fantastic cook, but my soups are delicious always.

Wonderful :cheer:

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7469 nuo diana
diana replied the topic: Friday 17/18
Breakfast: every morning I got up and I drank a cup of tea. Mostly tea was fruity, but without sugar. . Then I ate some porrige or two eggs or omelette. Lunch: When I went to the school I ate chicken steak with some potatoes and some salad. For dinner I ate pancakes with cherries jam or pasta with cheese and drank some tea.

cherry jam - daiktavardžiai apibūdinimai - dažniausia vienaskaitoje

More
prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 6 mėn. #7470 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: Friday 17/18
In the morning I got up and drank water with lemon.I wasn't hungry and I didn't eat.I drank a coffe without milk with some honey.I had late breakfast abaut 11a.m. and I ate two liquid eggs.
I ate fish with some vegetables and some buckwheat porridge for lunch.
I had dinner late.I drank tea and ate two apples,some nuts.

No mistakes :cheer:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.364 sekundžių