• Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5352 nuo Jurate
Jurate created the topic: MONDAY 2016
Hi, Monday Students! It' s very nice to meet you after the summer again. :kiss:

Here is your homework for our meeting on the 19th of September:
Write on the Forum a short account about your summer.
an account [akaunt] - pasisakymas, neilgas pasakojimas
Make five to ten sentences. :) Use the verbs in the past from page 116 in your Student Book. You can answer these questions:
Did you have a holiday last summer? What month was your holiday? Who were you with? Was it a special holiday? Did you have a good rest?
Did you stay at home in the summer? Did you go abroad?What cities, towns or villages did you visit? Did you meet a lot of people? Did you go to the seaside? Did you swim or bathe in the sea? Did you sunbathe on the beach? Did you do sports? Did you speak English? Did you go to the countryside? Did you work in your garden or your allotment? Did you read a lot of books?

What's the date today? - Kokia šiandien data?
Learn names of months from Student Book, page 50 , Audio 5.23

Learn ordinal numbers, page 110 in Student Book, Audio 5.20

Do homework exercises on Workbook pages 42 to 43. Listen to the audio NEF Workbook Audio CD - Track 20 and repeat!
Put the CD in your computer:
*Watch the video File 5 in Practical English
*Do Practical English 5 in Words And Phrases
* Go to Sound Bank - More Consonants - Sound -TH- Listen and repeat!

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina, vaidyla, nerijanerute

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5370 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I had a short,but a brilliant holiday last summer.At the end of July I together with my girlfriend were in =on Italy tour of =under the Tuscan sun.I walked in Florence,in Lucca,in Pisa,in Fiesole,in Portofino.I spoke a little English.I ate delicious meals pizza,risotto,lasagna,tiramisu,I tasted Chianti wine,Pecorino cheese,the famous Tuscan fiorentina,Parma ham.And the travel pearl was Andrea Bočelli's concert in Tuskany theater of silence ,the singer's birthplace village Lajatico in the open air.I saw Bočelli,listened to his songs.It was a big event,a wonderful evening.I was in the ninth heaven.Yes,I met a lot of people.At home in the summer I worked in my garden,did sports,but I didn't read a lot of books. My family were in =at the seaside Jurmala.I bathed in the sea,sunbathed on the beath.It was fun(=I had a lot of fun) in the summer.

to go on tour, to be on tour - vykti,būti turistinėje kelionėje
under = po -->I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong, what's the tour called in Lithuanian? :)
I sunbathed [sanbeithid] - deginausi saulėje
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5371 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Thank you, Palaima. Your summer was wonderful and your account is great! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5373 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I had a holiday last summer. My holiday was in August. It wasn't a special holiday. I usually was at home all the time. I sometimes went to my children's. I sometimes worked in my kitchen garden. Last August was rainy and cold and I read a lot of books. I prefer the=a more interesting holiday.

*'usually' turi prasmę 'kaip paprastai', todėl šiuo atveju nelabai tinka, nes jūs prieš tai pabrėžėte, kad kalbate apie vieną konkretų gyvebimo įvykį - praeitas atostogas :) . Galima vartoti 'all the time, almost all the time' - visąlaik, beveik visąlaik : I usually go to the seaside on my holidays, but this year I stayed at home all the time.
*'a more interesting holiday' - apskritai įdomesnių atostogų, o ne kažkokių konkrečių.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5375 nuo Jurate
Thank you, Janina! :cheer: Where are other people's accounts? :(
This year I had my summer holiday for two months, from the first of July to the first of September. I stayed at home almost all the time and I was very happy with it, because I wanted a quiet and lazy time for myself. On my holiday I got up late, sometimes I stayed in bed with my computer until the noon. I went to my allotment every day, I cycled a lot, I did the gym and I listened to English radio shows. In August, I went to the seaside for a weekend. I stayed in Palanga. The weather wasn't very good, it rained a lot, but the sea water was very warm and I bathed, I walked on the beach. I also went to the city of Klaipeda and I saw a show with dolphins in =at the dolphinarium of Klaipeda.
for myself [maiself] - sau pačiai/pačiam

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5380 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I was with my husband in the Denmark in August.It was a special holiday.My daughter lives in the Denmark.We visited in Copenhagen and met a lot of people.We were at the sea, but we don't =didn't swim, because was of the cold water.It was a wonderful holiday.At home I all the time--> worked in the garden all the time and every morning I doing =did exercise.

Su vieno žodžio valstybėmis 'the' nereikia. Praeitam laike vartokite dalelyte didn't (neigimas) ir did (dariau).

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5381 nuo vaidyla
vaidyla replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I had ten days of holiday.My holiday was in July.
I with =and my family v=went to the Scotland in Glazgow.
My son's=sons Simon's and Edvard's lives in Glazgow. sons - sūnūs (dgs.); son's - (kieno) sūnaus
I had good time with the childrens and my grand douthes =daughter Julliete.
We visited the Scotish capital Edinburgh.
Edinburgh with=has a lot of old buldings,museums,cherches.=churches
My husband v=went the first time--> at =to football matches for the first time.
The whole family is going=went in to the beutiful island of Arron.
I vent=went to the seaside in Jurmala and the city of Klaipeda.
My holiday a =was short,I didn't worked in my garden and I didn't read a lot of books.
I had a great in the summer.

to go to - vykti į; went to - nuvykau, nuvyko, nuvykome ... į
Your holiday was very busy, you saw a lot and visited a lot! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5382 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Last summer I had a holiday just for one week. This summer was rainy, so I went to the seaside only for one day. I was in Jurmala. I sunbathed on the beach. I like to swim and bathed in the sea. In the summer I was in Lithuania. I was in Vilnius, Kaunas, Trakai, Varėna, Jonava. I meet a lot of people.
On weekends I went to pick mushrooms or worked in my garden. I watched English movies in the evening.
I will go abroad later this year. I have this secret.= I keep it in secret

to keep (something) in secret - laikyti paslaptyje (kažką) ; to pick [pik] - rinkti, skinti: I went to pick apples - nuėjau paskinti obuolių; I like to swim and bathe - man patinka plaukioti ir maudytis... 'for' naudojama, kai norima pasakyti kokiai laiko trukmei: Let's stay for one day! Pasilikim vienai dienai!

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5385 nuo Jurate
Thank you everyone! I'm so glad with your accounts. They are very good :cheer:
I found two mistakes in my account too! :silly:

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5389 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My holiday
I had a holiday last summer in July. I with=and my grandchild were by the lake Vilkokshnis in the Aukshtadvario regional park. We had a good rest, as=even if (nors) it was sometime rainsing. Then it was a good weather, we bathed in the lake, also we went in=to the=a bathhouse. After I visited my daughters in Vilnius, and I was at(=came back - sugrįžau) home and worked in the allotment .

to go to - eiti į
as - kadangi, even if - net jeigu, nors

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5391 nuo Renatas
Renatas replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Hi, colleagues,
I'm worked all summer, only the weekend was the holiday.
I will Tell you about a nice trip to Cromer village.
The Village is located on the North Sea coast, in the East of England. He=It is famous to have a theater on the water, as well as the=a wonderful old town.
Because all this is to =by / arba: on the coast of the North Sea , is in the water only went up to a knees, and the time had the sand - gravel beach. =? I walked into the sea up to my knees and I didn't sunbathe because the beach was all gravel.- įbridau į jūrą iki kelių ir nesideginau, nes pliažas buvo vien žvyras?
If you are in the eastern part of England be sure to visit the village of Cromer.
Thanks

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5392 nuo Jurate
That's an interesting account. I didn't know about Cromer! Thank you for telling! :cheer:

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5409 nuo Jurate
Here's what to do for the next meeting on the 26th of September:
Put your CD into your computer and do:
*Watch the video File 5 in Practical English
*Do Practical English 5 in Words And Phrases
Do the exercises on page 52 in Student Book:

'floppit' isn't a word. Guess correct words. One dash (brūkšnelis) means one letter:

Write on the Forum 5 or 6 sentences about a life of a famous person. When was this person born [bo:n] (gimęs) ? Where? Was the family poor or rich? What did this person study? Why is this person famous? What did this person do? When did this person die? Do you like this person?

HENRY THE EIGHTH
Henry VIII was the king of England. He was born in 1491 and stayed on the throne ([throun]-sostas) for 38 years. He is famous because he was very big and he had 6 wives. He wanted a son, but he had a daughter with his first wife. So, he divorced [divo:st] his wife and married a young and beautiful woman. His second wife gave him a daughter too. He cut off (nukirto) his new wife's head. His third wife gave a son and died. The boy died after 16 years. Henry married a French princess but didn't like her and sent (nusiuntė) her home to France. Then he took the fifth wife, a young English girl 19 years old. The young wife had a lover and he cut off her head. Finally, he married the sixth wife and died four years later. I don't like this man because he wasn't good to his wives, but I think his life was interesting.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5415 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016

The German philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer is one of the most important philosophers of the nineteenth century. Arthur Schopenhauer was born in Poland on the twenty-second of February in 1788. His father was a rich merchant. His mother was a writer. Arthur Schopenhauer attended to a school of business and spoke in French very well. Later he studied at the universities. Arthur Schopenhauer is best known for his work ,,The World as Will and Representation". It was published in 1818. Arthur Schopenhauer said that a man fights all the time, but a =the death always wins. A =The life is playing with someone. An intelligent and honest person will not want to live your =their life again. Arthur Schopenhauer died in Germany on the twenty-first of September in 1860.

to go to school BUT to attend a school
to speak___ English BUT to read, to write, to talk, to sing in English
a life, a death - viena gyvybė, viena mirtis
the life, the death - gyvenimas, mirtis
'their' - 'jų' anglų kalboje vartojamas, kai kalbama apie asmenį ( a person)

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5417 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
The fama=ous Lithuanian composer and painter Mykalojus Konstantinas Čiurlionis was born in Varėna on the twenty -second of September in 1875.His father Konstantinas,mather Adelė and nine children with him>--> lived in Druskininkai---> with him. He studied piano and composition at Warsaw Conservatory at Leipzig Conservatory and studied drawing at Warsaw School of Fine Arts.The most famous of his works are the symphonic poems In The Forest and The Sea,the paintings Spring and Kings Fairy Tale.He died in Poland on the tenth of April in1911.I love his wonderful music,I like his paintings.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5418 nuo vaidyla
vaidyla replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Leonardo da Vinci was born in a small village in Tuscany,Italy on the fifteenth of April in 1452.
He was the illegitimate child and griew up in father's family.
His father's name was Sero Piero da Vinci.
About his mother Katherine,nothing is known.
As a young man ,Da Vinci studied a paiting in Florence. a painting - vienas paveikslas, painting - tapyba
His most famous paitings are the Mona Lisa,The Last Supper,Lady with an Ermine..
His was an paitingnter,engineer,scientist and inventor.
Leonardo da Vinci lived the sixty seven years and died in France on the second of May in 1519. (su skaičiais artikelių nereikia :) )

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5419 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Maironis - Jonas Mačiūlis, was born the twenty first of October in 1862. He is one of the most fomous Lithuanian poets, professors and priests.He was born in Posondravys in Raseiniai. He was from a family of farmers.Maironis graduated from Kaunas high school and went on to study Literature at Kiev University. Later Maironis studied at St. Petersburg Catholic,Theological Academy. In the later years Maironis worked as a rector of Kaunas Priest Seminary and as a professor at the University of Lithuania.He died in Kaunas on the twenty eighth of June in 1932.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5421 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Leonidas Donskis was borrn in Klaipeda in=on the13th August 1962. He studied Lithuanian philology and theater pedagogy in Lithuanian conservatoire >----> at Klaipeda`s pedagogical faculty --->of Lithuanian conservatoire. Then he studied philosophy at Vilnius University. In 1999 Leonidas Donskis defended his dissertation at the University of Helsinki and became a Doctor of Social Sciences.
Leonidas Donskis has been=was a professor at Vilnius University's Department of Political Science. 2009-2014, he was a member of the European Parliament. During his career Donskis worked at universities of United States, Great Britain, Sweden, Finland, Estonia and Hungary. He wrote more than 40 books and more than 500 articles. Philosopher died in Vilnius airport on the 21th September 2016, when his heart stopped.
I didn`t knew nothing about this man in the past and was uninterested in his works. Only after the L. Donskis death, I understood, that he was a great philosopher, an intelligent, sincere, interesting person. He loved the students and colleagues.
He was nominated “the Scientist of the Year in Lithuania”, also he had the titles "The Knight of the Thought in Kaunas city" and “Ambassador Of Tolerance Ambassador in Lithuania".

I knew nothing - su neigiamu žodžiu 'nothing' nebereikia vartoti neigiamos nuosakos (didn't)
He loved the students and colleagues - jis mylėjo šiuos studentus ir kolegas; He loved students and colleagues - jis mylėjo studentus ir kolegas...

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.413 sekundžių