MONDAY 2016

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5885 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
What do I think of Shakira? I admire her because she was a poor Colombian, but she became a famous pop star. :)
to admire [admaje] - žavėtis, ypatingai gerbti
I also admire Barack Obama, the current ([karent] - dabartinis) president of the USA. Sadly, he has to go and leave the office (=aukštas tarnybinis postas) to the businessman Donald Trump. I like president Obama because he's good-looking and funny :silly: He cares [kie/r/z] (rūpinasi) about poor, he wanted to give more money for healthcare [helth kiea] (sveikatos rūpybai) and a lot of rich businesspeople got angry (get angry [engri] - tapti piktam, supykti) about this. He also sent American soldiers to the Baltic States, they came to Pasvalys too, do you remember? He wanted to show Russia that the USA was with us, with the Baltic states. I think Obama is not a businessman but an idealist [aidijalist] (idealistas), a dreamer [dri:me] (svajotojas) and I like him a lot.
Barack's second name is Hussein. He was born in Hawaii in 1961. He didn't know his father, he saw him only once. Obamas's father was from Kenya. Obama's mother was a white American and I think she took good care [tuk god kea] (take good care - gerai rūpintis) of her son. Now he is the first black president of the USA! :lol:

This is Barack in his childhood [čaildhud] (vaikystėje) with his grandfather, his mother and his little sister.

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5889 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Algimantas Čekuolis is Lithuanian journalist, writer, traveler, TV presenter and interesting person. He is 85 years old. He studied at the Moscow institute of Literature. After studies he worked on fishing boats and wrote books. He learned seven foreing languages. He has published about 16 books. His books are popular, becouse it tels about the facts of life.
He leads the TV shou ''Popiete su Algimantu Čekuoliu''.This editions of the event in the world of science and inovations. Lituanian television he worked 27 years, and this year ended his career.

Corrected:
Algimantas Čekuolis is a Lithuanian journalist, writer, traveller, TV presenter and an interesting person. He is 85 years old. He studied at the Moscow institute of Litterature. ... His books are popular, because it tells about the facts of life.
He hosts ( [housts] veda) the TV show 'The Afternoon with Algimantas Čekuolis''. This TV programme talks about/ introduces to the events in the world of science and innovations. He worked in Lithuanian television for 27 years, and this year he ended his career.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5891 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Sarah Brightman was born in England in 14 August 1960.She is an English singer-soprano,actress,musician,songwriter,dancer.She was married to Andrew Graham Stewart,later-to composer Andrew Loyd Webber.She played musical ''THe Phantom of the Opera''.Brightman song duet with the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli ''Time to Say Goodbye'',with Gregorian, Jose Caruso.All the records won over 180 gold and platinum awards in 38 different countries.I admire Sarah Brightman.Her songs and voice are beautiful.I like her,because she is the best singer.

You can delete my correction, if you wish!
Sarah Brightman was born in England on 14 August 1960.She is an English singer-soprano,actress,musician,songwriter,dancer.She was married to Andrew Graham Stewart,later-to composer Andrew Loyd Webber.She played in the musical ''THe Phantom of the Opera''.Brightman sang [se:ng] (dainavo) in duet with the Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli ''Time to Say Goodbye'',with Gregorian, Jose Caruso.All the records won over 180 gold and platinum awards in 38 different countries.I admire Sarah Brightman.Her songs and voice are beautiful.I like her,because she is the best singer.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5893 nuo Jurate
Naujoke, what do you think of Algimantas? Do you Iike him a lot? I like him because he knows a lot and his stories are never boring. :)
Palaima, I like this singer too. She has a wonderful voice. I love her singing 'Memory'. It's from the musical 'Cats'

memory - atmintis, a pavement - šaligatvis, lamplight - lempos šviesa, withered - suvytęs, to moan [moun] vaitoti, warning - perspėjimas...

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5895 nuo saulutė
saulutė replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Donatas Montvydas is popular Lithuanian singer and songs author. He represented our country in the contest of songs,, Eurovizion" in 2012 and 2016. Donatas took up the 14 space in 2012 in the ,, Eurovizion" in the capital Baku of Azerbaidzian and took up the 9 space in 2016 in Stoholm with song ,, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS NIGHT".
I like this young, energetic singer and i want to go to his show, who will be in the town Panevėžys on the 25 of December.

Donatas Montvydas is a popular Lithuanian singer and songwriter . He represented our country in the song contest ,, Eurovision" in 2012 and 2016. Donatas took _ the 14th place in 2012 in the ,, Eurovision" in the capital Baku of Azerbaidzian and took _ the 9th place in 2016 in Stokholm with song ,, I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS NIGHT".
I like this young, energetic singer and i want to go to his show, who will be in the town Panevėžys on the 25 of December. (Wow! :)

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5899 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My favorite American actress is Jennifer Lawrence. She was born and raised in Kentucky with two older brothers Ben and Blaine. Friends and family called her Jen. Jennifer Lawrence began career actresses 14-years being. 2016-08-15 she celebrated the 26th birthday. Academy Award-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence is best known for playing Katniss Everdeen in movie "The Hunger Games". I really liked this movie, built by the popular book. "The Hunger Games" brought her worldwide fame. She is the youngest actress to accrue four Academy Award nominations. Lawrence was renamed one of the most promising actresses of our time. But My husband thinks that this film is awful, silly and uninteresting.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5905 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Nicole Kidman was born the 20 of June in 1967 in Hanalulu Hawaii US. She livs in Washington, ofte her family return to Australia
Sidnejus.Nikole Kidman is married and has four children.She is on Australian and American actrees and film producer.She is Oscar
winner for best actrees, Gold Globe Awaed for best actress, BAFTA for best actress, Silver bear for best actress, Goya Awards award
nominations.Nicole Kidman most nomed the words most a beautiful person by people magazine. She is a beautiful and on elegant woman.

Nicole Kidman was born on the 20 of June in 1967 in Hanalulu Hawaii US. She lives in Washington, __her family often return to Australia, to Sidney. Nicole Kidman is married and has four children.She is an Australian and American actress and film producer.She is an Oscar winner for the[/u] best actress, Gold Globe Award for the best actress, BAFTA for the best actress, Silver bear for the best actress, Goya Award. Nicole Kidman was nominated to be the most beautiful person in the world by People magazine. She is a beautiful and an elegant woman.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5909 nuo Rima
Rima replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I really like Mantas Kalnietis. His Lithuanian professional basketball player, Lithuanian national basketball team player.
Mantas Kalnietis was born the 6 of September in 1986. His wife Mingaile Butkevičiūtė, they married in 2009. They have three childrens - daughter Greta and son Tauras, this year them born one daughter. He studied at the VMU Faculty of Economics and Management, graduated business management studies.
Mantas signed a three-year contract with the Benetton Treviso in June 2009. The 27 of December in 2010 he signed a three-year with his hometown club Žalgiris Kaunas. The 5 of October in 2012 he signed a three-year contract with Russia's Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar club. From 2016 he plays in Italian club Milan EA7 Emporio Armani.
Mantas Kalnietis has many awards - World Cup winner, basketball champion, vice-champion, the winner of many medals. 2013 Mantas Kalnietis was named Lithuania Basketball Player Of The Year.

I really like Mantas Kalnietis. He's a Lithuanian professional basketball player, Lithuanian national basketball team player.
Mantas Kalnietis was born on the 6 of September in 1986. His wife is Mingaile Butkevičiūtė, they married in 2009. They have three childrens - daughter Greta and son Tauras, this year the second daughter was born to them. He studied at the VMU Faculty of Economics and Management, graduated in business management studies.
Mantas signed a three-year contract with the Benetton Treviso in June 2009. The 27 of December in 2010 he signed a three-year with his hometown club Žalgiris Kaunas. On The 5 of October in 2012 he signed a three-year contract with Russia's Lokomotiv Kuban Krasnodar club. From 2016 he has been playing (dar nwsimokėme) in Italian club Milan EA7 Emporio Armani.
Mantas Kalnietis has many awards - World Cup winner, basketball champion, vice-champion, the winner of many medals. In 2013 Mantas Kalnietis was named Lithuania Basketball Player Of The Year.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5922 nuo Jurate
Here's what to do for the next time:
Revision (pages 62-63 in Student Book)
Listen to the sounds on the CD and repeat the words:

Do this exercise (write the verbs in the past):

Read the exercise A Great Holiday (page 63 in Student Book). Write on the Forum:
1. Your answers to the questions about Antonia.
2. Answers to the same questions about you!

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5971 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
It was a lot of years ago. I and my friends went to Moscow on the train. We were frendly, funny and happy. So it was a great holiday for me.
We stayed at school hall. There were students from Ukraine too. It was fun. We walked in the city centre. We saw Moscow City Ballet ,,Icarus". Icarus thought about liberty. His father made wings for him. Icarus flying high but fell into the sea and died. A lot of actors played in this Ballet. It was wonderful. We enjoyed the Pushkin States Museum of Fine Arts. This is the wonderful two-story building. Here we found Greek and Egyptian art, various minerals from Greece and Rome and a lot of old paintings. It was very nice but once we saw the view of Panorama of Borodino battle. This is amazing. The Borodino battle is painted but it seems that everything is moving. It surprised me and it was very interesting. I don't recommend this travel because no one can to repeat it and everyone feels differently.

It was a lot of years ago. I and my friends went to Moscow on a train. We were frendly, funny and happy. So it was a great holiday for me.
We stayed at a school hall. There were students from Ukraine too. It was fun. We walked in the city centre. We saw the ballet 'Icarus' at Moscow City Ballet. Icarus dreamed [dremt] svajojo about liberty. His father made wings for him. Icarus flew high but fell into the sea and died. A lot of actors played in this Ballet. It was wonderful. We enjoyed the Pushkin State Museum of Fine Arts. This is the wonderful two-story building. Here we found Greek and Egyptian art, various minerals from Greece and Rome and a lot of old paintings. It was very nice but then (bet tada) we saw the panorama of Borodino battle. This is amazing. The Borodino battle is painted but it seems that everything is moving. It surprised me and it was very interesting. I don't recommend this travel because no one can to repeat it and everyone feels differently.
Wonderful! :cheer: Where are the answers about Antonia? :silly:

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5974 nuo agnaun
agnaun replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Previous homework
My favourite artist

My favorite artist is Rembrandt Harmenszoon van Rijn.
Rembrandt was born in Leiden on July 15, 1606.
His father was a miller who wanted the boy to follow a learned profession, but Rembrandt left the University of Leiden to study painting. His early work was devoted to showing the lines, light and shade, and color of the people he saw about=around him. He was influenced by the work of Caravaggio and was fascinated by the work of many other Italian artists. When Rembrandt became established as a painter, he began to teach and continued teaching art throughout his life.
Rembrandt, dutch=Dutch painter, draftsman, and etcher of the 17th century, is a giant in the history of art. His paintings are characterized by luxuriant brushwork, rich colour, and a mastery of chiaroscuro. Numerous portraits and self-portraits exhibit a profound penetration of character. His drawings constitute a vivid record of contemporary Amsterdam life. The greatest artist of the Dutch school, he was a master of light and shadow whose paintings, drawings, and etchings made him a giant in the history of art.
The artist went deep into the man's inner world, his feelings, tried to convey the human interior, naturalistic beauty.
The number of works attributed to Rembrandt varies. He produced approximately 600 paintings, 300 etchings, and 1,400 drawings.
Priedai:

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5976 nuo Jurate
1. Antonia spent her great holiday in an exotic country in South America, she flew there just one year ago...
2... and me, I had a great holiday in my home country Lithuania. This holiday was about twenty years ago. I went to Vilnius with my friends to see the Festival of Songs and Dances. We were students, we didn't have a lot of money and we didn't want to buy expensive bus tickets. We stopped cars on the road to Vilnius and there were some friendly drivers who took us to Vilnius for free. We arrived in Vilnius in a hot summer evening. We didn't have a reservation at a hotel. We had sleeping bags with us. At night we slept on the hill of Three Crosses in the centre of the city and we enjoyed the view of Vilnius at night. Next day we listened to Lithuanian songs and watched Lithuanian dances in the park of Vingis. The festival ended late, people built a big fire and everyone was invited ([uoz invaitid] buvo pakviestas) to dance around the fire. We were tired but happy. This holiday is unforgetable ([anforgetebl] - nepamirštamas) for me but it wasn't very comfortable because we didn't have a shower and a bed for two days and we ate fast food. I recommend this holiday only to adventurers ([advenčerez] - nuotykių mėgėjai).

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5981 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
1.Antonia went to Mexcico last year.She traveled with her husband by plane.She stayed in Cancun.She swam every day.Antonia saw Chicen Itra and recommend Mexico,because it's a beautiful country.2.I had a great holiday in Utena,in Bikuškio mansion,near the lake Alaušas.It was ten years ago.All the week there was a yoga camp.There were a lot of people.We had to get up early.I meditated,did exercises asanas,traveled to famous places,bathed in the lake. For A few years I went to this camp.I recommend this healthy holiday to everyone.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5984 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My homework
1. Antonia go to Mexico. =went
2.She go last year. =went
3. She went by plane to Mexico, also she travelled roun the country bu bus.
4.She stayed in Cancun.
5.She swam every day in the sea and she travelled.
6.She saw Chichen Itsa.
7. She recommend travelled =ing to Mexico, because It's a beautiful country.

A lot of years ago I went with my colleagues to the Lake Baikal's by plane with my colleagues. First we stayed in Ulan Ude, the capital city of the Republic Buryatia. After we had a trip to fantastics Buddhist temples. Also we went to eastern Lake Baikal's by bus. We saw beauties of nature, we swam in a wonderful soft lake's water of the lake. We had a good time.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5986 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I was with her husband and daughter in Trakai. It was the summer five years ago. There
was the Festival and was a lot of people. There was the concerts, the games, the sporting
events. We a visited the castle and then we with boat a sailing the Lake Galve and a treat
the traditional kibinas. In the summer recommend pay a visit to Trakai,because there is a
very beautiful.

I was in Trakai with my husband and daughter. It was in the summer five years ago. There
was a festival and there were a lot of people. There were _ concerts, _ games, _ sporting
events. We _ visited the castle and then we went by boat sailing _ Lake Galve and we ate
_ traditional kibinas. In the summer I recommend to pay a visit to Trakai,because it is _
very beautiful.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5989 nuo saulutė
saulutė replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
A Great Holiday
Five years ago my husban and i went to Egiptas. It is was the first holiday when we went to another country. We went by airplane. It is was difficult for me, because we went five hours and i had not=didn't have what to do.
When we went =arrived in Egypt / came to Egypt, we stayed in Hurgada in the hotel ,, Beach Albatros resort Hurgada 4".Our hotel was really nice and there was a big swimming pool. There was a beautyful beach too (=beautiful). We swam every day.
We travelled too. We travelled by bus to capital Kairas=Cairo. We saw the pi(y)ramides and travelled by camels over the desert. It was a fantastic experience.

over the desert - po dykumą; it is correct, I'm sorry for my wrong remark in the class :blush:

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #5991 nuo Rima
Rima replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Two years ago my husband and i and my son with his wife went to Norway. We stayed in a small house by the fjord. We travelled around the southern part of the country by car. We saw very big glaciers, climbed in the mountains, travelled a dangerous road - Trolls road, flying by went on a big boat in =down the fjord. In Norway lives my brother lives and we visited him. This holiday is unforgetable for me. I recommend this country, because it is=there's wonderful nature and great weather.

down - ne tik žemyn, bet ir pirmyn: He went down the street - jis nuėjo (tolyn) gatve, We sailed down the river - mes plaukėmė pirmyn upe

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6014 nuo Jurate
What to do for the 28th of November:
Don't forget the words :
camping/ chatting online/ cooking/ cycling/ flying/ reading/ running/ swimming/ shopping/ window-shopping/ travelling/ going to the cinema/ watching DVDs / having a bath/ going for a walk/ going for a run/ painting a house
Remember:
like +____ing OR like + to ___ : I like going for a walk= I like to go for a walk
love +____ing : I love going for a walk.
Jeigu veiksmažodis baigiasi vienu balsiu ir vienu priebalsiu, pridedant -ing priebalsis sudvigubėja: to chat - chatting, to sit - sitting... Nesudvigubės tik x ar w: to show - showing

Do exercise 7A on page 101 in Student Book:

Do the exercises on pages 52-53 in Workbook. Listen to the audio!

Write on the Forum about you - answer the questions from exercise Words and Phrases on page 53

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.404 sekundžių