MONDAY 2016

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5506 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My room
I live in a five-storey building and my flat is on the fifth =fourth floor. My flat is three rooms=There are three rooms in my flat. In the living room there is a sofa, a table, chaires, grow ---> flowers grow, there are paintings on the wall. In the bedroom there is a bed, cupboards next to the bed. There is a writing desk and a computer on the he=desk. Also there is a children room, a kitchen, a bathroom, a toilet.

Don't forget 'there'! :cheer:
There is a writing desk and a computer on the he=it. HE is for men. IT is for things
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5508 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Romualda, I made a mistake: 'darbo kambarys' is 'a study' [stadi] in English. Sorry! :)

Everyone! When you describe places, start your sentences with THERE!

Visi! Kai aprašote vietas, pradėkite sakinius su THERE!
Kas kur randasi - There is / There are .... VISADA! ALWAYS!

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
The following user(s) said Thank You: Romualda

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5514 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My house has two storeys.There are seven rooms.On the ground floor there is a kitchen,a bath,a toilet ,a vizitors=guests room and a hall.The first floor has there bedrooms,a living rooms and my laboratory work room=home laboratory.My room is on the first floor.There is a sofa,a tv,a table,my computer.My cat sleeps on the sofa.On=In the vizitors=guests room there are much=a lot of the plants and the paintings.

much - neskaičiuotiniams, a lot of - skaičiuotiniams
:)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5538 nuo Jurate
Hello, guys! [gaiz] - bičiuliai
I'm really sorry that I'm late. Here's your homework for next Monday (the 10th of October) I hope you can do it and it is not difficult.
Do exercises on page 46 in your Workbook and listen to audio 21 in NEF Workbook CDs

Put your CD into your computer and do:
*6A in Words And Phrases
*Hotels in Vocabulary Bank
*File 5 in Grammar Quizzes Write the score on the Forum :silly:
Write 5 to 6 sentences about the hotel you stayed at - Parašykite 5-6 sakinius, apie viešbutį, kuriame gyvenote.
You can talk in the past or in the present
PRESENT (example) - Dabartis (pavyzdys)
I like the hotel 'The White Horse' in Vilnius. It's a big five-storey building in the old town. There's a beautiful reception on the ground floor and a cafe next to the reception. There are lifts.....
PAST (example)
Once [uons] - kartą:
Once I stayed at a hotel in Egypt. It was a very nice hotel. There were gift shops in front of the hotel, there was a swimming pool in the garden of the hotel. There were bathrooms and fridges in rooms. There was a balcony in my room. There was a big double bed in my room and there was the Internet, but there weren't any books....

ABOUT ME:
Last summer I was in Palanga and I stayed at the hotel of Kaunas Polytechnic University. The hotel is in the centre of the town. There are three two-storey buildings in the hotel's yard and there are a lot of rooms for hotel guests in the buildings. My room was on the ground floor of the first building. There was a huge balcony in the room and there were three single beds with a table and three cupboards. There were pillows and clean towels on the beds, there was a mirror and a sink ([sink) kriauklė) at the door, there was the Internet, but there weren't a bathroom, a shower and a toilet. There wasn't any chairs in our room! There were public toilets and showers on each floor and we had to use it together with other guests. There was one fridge at the end of the corridor and all the guests on the floor used this fridge. There was a cafeteria in the next building of the hotel. The cafeteria had nice food but it was expensive. There weren't any spa or gift shops in this hotel. The hotel was a little dirty and damp. A bed in this hotel was 6 euros a day. Isn't it cheap? :cheer:

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5549 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Three years ago I was in Turkey on holiday. I stayed at the hotel „Simena sun club". It was a big hotel. He=It had a two-storey main building. There was a reception, a bar and a big restaurant on the ground floor. There were a toilets on the first floor. There was a luxury spa with a sauna and a gym on the first floor. Next to the main building was =there were a lot of two-storeys houses by for guests. There was a car park in front of the hotel. There was a garden next to the hotel. There grew a lot of exotic flowers, trees and shrubs. There=It was a very nice. There were three swimming pools, children's playgrounds, some bars and shops. There was the sea, a brilliant, wonderful and warm, in front.

'he' - for men, 'it' - for things ( a hotel=it)
a two-storey building, an eight-year-old girl, a sixteen-gig memory stick, a three-page contract - dviaukštis pastatas, aštuometė mergaitė 16 gigabaitų atmintukas, trijų lapų sutartis - sudurtiniuose apibūdinimuose rašyti brūkšnelius ir be 's'. Sorry for my bad advice another time! :blush:
It was very nice - beasmeniuose sakiniuose 'it' - kokybei, savybėms nusakyti, o 'there' - kas buvo, ko nebuvo... It was hard to live and work on a farm in old times, there weren't any modern conveniences and there weren't any machines...
'a' arba 'the' naudoti, kai po jų eina būdvardžiai+daiktavardžiai; nenaudoti, kai po jų eina tik būdvardžiai

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5550 nuo Jurate
Thank you Rima! Did you swim in the hotel pool? :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5561 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Five years ago I was in Egiypt and I stayed at the beautiful hotel by the Red Sea. The hotel was a three-storey building. My room was on the first floor. There was the reception, there were restaurants, bars. There grew wery nice flowers, also there were swimming pools, gift shops too and there was a good service.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5562 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Last summer I was in Italy.I stayed at the hotel,,SHG Hotel Verona''.It is an average hotel on the outskirts of the city.There are five-storey builldings.There are a lot of rooms,a reception,a bar and a restaurant.In front of the hotel there is a car park.There is a shop,,Lidl'' next to the hotel.My room was on the second floor.There were two single beds,a cupboard,a table with a TV,two chairs.There were a bathroom with a shower and a mirror,a toilet.It was a normal hotel,nothing special.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5564 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY was in the city2016
I was in Crete two years ago. The hotel was in the city and standing =it stood on the seashore.The Hotel was a five-storey building with a beautiful seaview. My room was on the second floor. There was =were two beds, a table, two chairs, a cupboards, a TV, a mirror, a shower, a toilet, a sink and a balcony with a beautiful view of the sea and the meountains. In the hotel there was a reception, a restaurant, a lift, a spa,and a swimming pool with bars.

to stand, stood [stud] - stovėti, stovėjo

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5565 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Once I stayed at the hotel of Šventoji. Šventoji is an old fishers' village. It is on the left coast of the Šventoji river twelve kilometers from the centre of Palanga. There are =is a two-storey building. There was a car park in front of the hotel. There was a reception on the ground floor. There wasn't a lift. My room was on the first floor. There was a big double bed in my room. There was a toilet and a shower. There was a mirror too. There weren't any shops in this hotel. I liked it. I don't remember everything.

There is a two-storey building - 'is' todėl, kad nors aukštų du, bet pastatas tik vienas :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5566 nuo vaidyla
vaidyla replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My haouse has five storeys and I live on the ground floor.
I have four rooms,a living room, a bedroom,a children's room, a staudy,a kitchen,a bathroom,a toilet and a hall.
My apartament is a aminimalist,the bedroom is not large.
There's a double beds,two lockers on the right and a cupboard.
In the living room there is a sofa,a table,a TV and a plants.
My daugther's roomis is big.
There's a bed,a cupboard,a desk,a computer,a chair,two a beanbag chairs (sedmaisiai),a commode.
Next to my house there is a school,a supermarkets IKI and a new a car park.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5567 nuo Jurate
'a beanbag chair' is a new word for me. Thank you, Vaida! :)
There are a lot of beanbag chairs in the youth area at the library. Children like to sit on beanbags :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: vaidyla

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5571 nuo vaidyla
Ten years ago I was at a conference in Warsaw and I lived at the hotel "Sereton"
It has five stars and is located in the center.
There's an eight-story builldings. One building?
There was a lift,a very beautiful reception,a restaurant and there was a good service.
My room was on the sixsth floor and I lived with my colleague .
There were two beds,a table,two chairs,a cupboard,a TV,a mirror,a carpet,a toilet and a shower.
There wasin't a balcony.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5572 nuo Jurate
Great! Did you have to pay for your stay at "Sereton" ? :)

The following user(s) said Thank You: vaidyla

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5574 nuo vaidyla
Not having paid for the company where I worked. :) = The company where I worked paid for me!

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5584 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Last autum I was in Druskininkai. I stayed in a hotel ''Goda''.This is a three-storey building. There was a receptions on the graound floor.May room was on the first floor. There was a big bed, two caboords =cupboards, a table and a tv. There was a bathroom vith a shower, clean towels and a toilet. There was good food in the restoaurant.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5588 nuo Jurate
Hi, guys! How are you this cold autumn? Are you under the weather? I hope you are not, I hope you are well! :cheer:
under the weather [ande the uethe] - peršalęs, sloguojantis ir pan...

Here's your homework for the 17th of October:
Learn new words on page 115 in your Student Books (listen to the audio in NEF Class CDs-->CD3-->6.7)

Don't forget:
There is/There are - There was / There were (yra - buvo)
There isn't /There aren't - There wasn't / There weren't (nėra - nebuvo)
Do exercise 6B on page 99 in Sudent Book. I can check for your mistakes if you write it on the Forum!

Do exercises on page 46 in your Workbook.

Listen to track 6.8 in NEF Class CDs-->CD3 (the script is on page 86 in Student Books):
Interviewer: Mr Soriano, what differences are there between Benidorm today and Benidorm in the 1950s?
Mr Soriano: There are very big differences. For example, today there are 65,000 people who live in Benidorm. In the 1950s there were only about 3,000 people.
Interviewer: Wow! That's a big difference! What about tourists?
Mr Soriano: Today there are four million tourists ayear.In the 1950s there were only maybe 300 tourists. And they were Spanish. Now tourists come from all over the world.
Interviewer: Was there an airport near Benidorm in the 1950s?
Mr Soriano: No, there wasn't an airport then. Today there is a big international airport in Alicante, which is only 50 kilometres from Benidorm.
Interviewer: How many hotels are there now?
Mr Soriano: There are 128 hotels in the town.
Interviewer: That's a lot! And in the 1950s?
Mr Soriano: In the 1950s there were only three.
Interviewer: Benidorm is famous for its nightlife (naktinis gyvenimas). How many bars are there?
Mr Soriano: About 600! In the 1950s I think there were maybe only ten bars in the village, and there wasnt a supermarket, only some little shops. Today there are 264 supermarkets and hundreds of shops.
Interviewer: Thank you, Mr Soriano.
Mr Soriano: You're welcome.

And now, please, write about Pasvalys. Write up to 5-6 sentences... Our Pasvalys is a small but nice town... Are there any differences between today's Pasvalys and Pasvalys in the times of Smetona?
There are three supermarkets in Pasvalys today and there wasn't any in the times of Smetona. There was a photograph shop and a bookshop in the Market square, but today there is only a market. There was a municipality and a warehouse ([ueahouz] - sandėlis) in Vytautas Didysis Square, but today there aren't. Today there's a health [helth] centre...

Look at the old pictures:
Pasvalys Market Square [skuea:] - Turgaus aikštė; a bookshop, a photographer's (shop), a kiosk...

At the church gate - prie bažnyčios vartų; A factory [fakteri], a manufactory [manjufekčeri] - gamykla, manufaktūra (pasenęs žodis)

The actual Community Health Centre - dabartinis visuomenės sveikatos centras; A chemist's, the municipality, a warehouse - vaistinė, savivaldybė, sandėlys

Pasvalys Green Spring - Pasvalio Žalsvasis šaltinis

Pasvalys bridge across Svalia and Lėvuo ( across [ekros] - per )

Pasvalys bridge across Lėvuo

(All these pictures are from www.pasvalia.lt/expo/expo.php?expo=138&topic=177 )

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5599 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
6B
1. Is there an airport? Was there an airport?
2. There aren't any restaurants. There weren't any restaurants.
3. There are a lot of shops. There were a lot of shops.
4. There aren't any bars. There weren't any bars.
5. Are there any tourists? Were there any tourists?
6. There isn't a spa. There wasn't a spa.
7. Is there a cinema? Was there a cinema?
8. There's a hospital. There was a hospital.

A Hi, Jack. How was the hotel?
B It was awful.
A Why?
B Well, there wasn't a lift, and our room was on the third floor. The room was big, but it was cold and dark, and there weren't any windows.
A Was there a restaurant?
B No, it wasn't. There was only a bar.
A Were there a lot of people in the hotel?
B No. And I'm not surprised.
A Was there a swimming pool?
B Yes, it was, but it wasn't very clean.

1. There are some differences between today's Pasvalys and Pasvalys in times of Smetona.
2. There was a Jewish primary school in Pasvalys and there isn't it =any in today's Pasvalys. vietoj 'it' (to) vartoti 'any' (jokių)
3. There wasn't a Pasvalys Finkholes Park in the times of Smetona but there is it in Pasvalys today.
4. There were a lot of horses in Pasvalys but today there are a lot of cars.
5. There is a Pasvalys library bus, but there wasn't it =any in the past.vietoj 'it' (to) vartoti 'any' (jokių)

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.420 sekundžių