MONDAY 2016

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5422 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Bernardas Brazdžionis was a Lithuanian poet, also such =known as Vytė Nemunėlis. Bernardas Brazdžionis was born in Stebeikėliai in 1907. He wrote children's poetry books, originals poetry editions=books. In 1949 Brazdžionis finally settled in the US. Patriotic songs based on his poems were performed during the Singing Revolution in Lithuania. Bernardas Brazdžionis died in Los Angeles, in 2002 and in the same year was reburied in Kaunas Petrašiūnai Cemetery.

known [noun] - žinomas;
an edition [edišn] - leidimas, leidinys
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5423 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Thank you, these are wonderful accounts! :kiss: Please, be ready to tell them in the class.

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5429 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Stasys Povilaitis was a Lithuanien pop singer.He was born in 1947 in Kaunas. He attended music school end chldren's chair. From 14 yers he lived vith her mother in Palanga end learned building. Later he stadied journalism in Vilnius. Here began to sing. The maximum popularity he wos ensemle 'Nerija'. His singing career continue 50 yers.
Stasys Povilaitis died in 2015.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5430 nuo Rima
Rima replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Jurga Ivanauskaitė - Lithuanian prose writer, poet, painter, traveler.
She was born on 14th of the November 1961 in Vilnius.
Jurga was published poems in the magazine, she wrote novels and children's books, prepared drawings and photography exhibitions.
She studied at the Čiurlionis School of Art, Vilnius Academy of Arts.
She traveled many countries - Bulgaria, the USA, India, where she studied Buddhism.
The writer wasn’t married. Writer died on 17th of the February 2007.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. nuo Rima.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5436 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
Muhammad Ali was an American Olympic and professional boxer. His real name is Cassius Marsellus Clay. He was born in Kentucky , US in 1942, and began training as an amateur boxer when he was 12 years old. At 18, he won a gold medal in the light heavyweight division at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome. He died in Scottsdale, Arizona, US in 2016 when he was 74 years old. Ali ---> during his 61-s fighting career, Ali won the 56 (37 of them by knockout) and experienced 5 defeats <---experienced.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5438 nuo Jurate
I like Muhammad Ali's saying:

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5440 nuo Jurate
Here is what to do for the next meeting on the third of October:
Remember how to use THERE IS and THERE ARE. It's a very popular phrase in English - Tai labai paplitusi frazė anglų kalboje.
There is a book on the table - Ant stalo yra knyga (VNS.)
There are books on the table - Ant stalo yra knygos (DGS.)
There are some books on the table - Ant stalo yra knygų (SOME - dalis, šiek tiek)
There aren't any books on the table - Ant stalo nėra jokių knygų (ANY - jokių)

Learn new words:
a floor [flo:] - aukštas ;
the ground floor [the graund flo:] - pirmas aukštas (in the UK); the first floor - antras aukštas; the second floor - trečias aukštas ; on the floor - aukšte; My friend lives on the third floor - mano draugas gyvena ketvirtame aukšte
a storey [stori] - pastato aukštas statybine prasme, skaičiuojant kaip ir lietuvių šalyje;
a building [bilding] - pastatas; a house [hauz] - namas; a five-storey building [faiv-stori bilding] - penkių aukštų pastatas;
! My house has five storeys and I live on the second floor [/b]- Mano namas turi penkis aukštus ir aš gyvenu trečiame aukšte

in - viduje, on-ant, next to - šalia, by [bai] - šalia, greta, in front of - priešais, behind [bihaind] - už, on the left
- kairėje, on the right [rait] - dešinėje [/size][/color]

Learn words from page 114 in Student Book. Listen to the audios 6.1 and 6.2 (NEF Class CDs --> CD3)

In the hotel room
ENGLISH: There's a bed in the hotel room and a cupboard next to it. There's a lamp on the cupboard and a remote control on the bed. Who left it there? ;) There's a painting on the wall, can you see it? There's a bathroom too. There's a bath and a shower in the bathroom. There's a clean towel in the bathroom too. Do you think the floor is clean in the hotel room?
LITHUANIAN: Viešbučio kambaryje yra lova, o šalia jos - spintelė. Ant spintelės yra lempa, o ant lovos - pultelis. Kas jį paliko ten? Ant sienos yra paveikslas, ar tu jį matai (gali matyti)? Taip pat yra vonios kambarys. Vonioje yra vonia ir dušas. Vonioje taip pat yra švarus rankšluostis. Ar manai grindys viešbučio kambaryje yra švarios?
At the hotel
ENGLISH: It's a five-storey hotel. There's a reception on the ground floor and a gift shop next to it. The gift shop is on the left, because on the right there's a lift. Can you see a receptionist behind the desk at the reception? There's a restaurant on the first hotel floor. No one is there at the moment. If you like to exercise, there's a gym on the second floor. There are a lot of exercise machines in the gym. There's a bar and toilets on the third floor. Ladies' room is on the left and gentlemen's room is on the right! After the gym or after a drink in a bar you can go to a swimming pool. Yes, there's a swimming pool in this hotel. It's on the fourth floor and it has a spa (also called a jacuzzi). I wish you a nice stay in this hotel. :)
LITHUANIAN: Tai penkių aukštų viešbutis. Registracija yra pirmame aukšte, o šalia - suvenyrų parduotvė. Suvenyrai yra dešinėje, nes dešinėje yra liftas. Ar matai registratorių už registracijos stalo? Antrame viešbučio aukšte yra restoranas. Nieko ten nėra šiuo metu. Jei mėgstate mankštintis, trečiame aukšte yra sporto salė. Sporto salėje yra daug sportinių aparatų. Ketvirtame aukšte yra baras ir tualetai. Damų tualetas yra kairėje, o džentelmenų - dešinėje! Po mankštos ar po išgėrimo bare, galite nueiti į plaukimo baseiną. Taip, šiame viešbutyje yra plaukimo baseinas. Jis yra penktame aukšte ir taip pat turi sukūrinę vonią (dar vadinamą džakuzi). Linkiu jums gero pasibuvimo šiame viešbutyje.

Klausykitės įrašo NEF Class CDs --> CD3--> 6.6. Atkreipkite dėmesį, kaip skiriasi tarimas ten - there [thea:] ir čia - here [hie:]
upstairs - laiptų viršuje, aukštu aukščiau

Do the exercises on page 43 in your Workbook:

i.imgur.com/V2SjfYd.png - larger view - didesnis vaizdas

Learn to speak Write five - six sentences about your room :cheer:
Do you live in a house or in a flat? What floor is your room on? What is there in your room? (Kas yra jūsų kambaryje? ) Is there a cupboard, a bed, a chair, a desk or a table, a computer, a TV? Are there plants or paintings? What is there next to your room?

Jurate's room
I live in a four-storey building and my flat is on the second floor. My room isn't big. There's a sofa where I sleep and work on my computer. There's a small desk next to the sofa with film and music discs and my laptop on it. There's a desk lamp on the floor. There's also a big old cupboard where I keep (laikau) my clothes and books and other things. There aren't any plants or paintings in my room. Sometimes my cat comes to sleep on my sofa. There's a bathroom and my Mom's room outside my room. The bathroom is on the left and my Mom's room is in front.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5457 nuo Rima
Rima replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My house has five storeys and I live on the fourth floor. There aren’t lifts on all the floors. I have four rooms - a bedroom, a living room, my grandchildren room, a kitchen, a bath, a toilet, a small balcony. From the room window I see a small park and the old railway station, it’s doesn’t work. There aren’t supermarkets, but near my house, on the left side there is a small shop Huronas. In front of the house there is a bridge and a =the river Lėvuo and by their are=the river there is an old people’s house=home.

the river Lėvuo - su pavadinimais niekada 'a', bet 'the'
an old people's home, a retirement home - senelių namai.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5459 nuo Jurate
Thank you, Rima! I know your house, I cycle by when I go to my allotment. :)
to cycle by [saikl bai] - pravažiuoti pro šalį dviračiu

The following user(s) said Thank You: Rima

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5484 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I live in a haouse.This is a two-storey haouse. On the ground floor, there is a big living room,a kitchen and a bathroom.The first floor has three bedrooms and a bathroom (OR: There are three bedrooms and a bathroom on the first floor). Usually I stay on the ground floor. In the living room there is a TV, a desk,a sofa. Next to it there is a big cupboard. Behind the cupboard there is a computer desk and a cat's bed.

Use THERE, A or THE! You can't skip it in English! :)
to skip [skip] praleisti

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5488 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My room
I live in a house. There are =is the ground floor and the first floor. My room is on the ground floor. There are two windows in my room. There's a clock on the wall. There are =is a sofa, a little =small table, a big cupboard, a table with a computer and a lot of flowers. I use the Internet there and I read there too.

Jei po 'there' eina vns. daiktavardis - IS ( There's a fridge and chairs in my kitchen)
Jei po 'there' eina dgs. daiktavardis - ARE (There are chairs and a fridge in my kitchen)
small - mažas dydžio prasme, little - mažas amžiaus prasme, arba emociškai malonybinei mažybinei formai padaryti

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5490 nuo Jurate
Thank you. Are there any paintings on the walls in your room? :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5492 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
No, there aren't any paitings on the walls in my room. There's a clock on the wall. There are two big windows. There's a big cupboard. There are two doors in my room. There are a lot of small things. There is no a place for paitings on the wall.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5493 nuo Jurate
I see :) The walls in my room are empty. There aren't any paintings nor a clock. There is only one big cupboard by one wall. The cupboard is in front of the window and there's a door next to it.
nor [no:] - nei

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5494 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
I live in a two-storey house. There's a living room and a workroom=a study on the ground floor. There's a kitchen on the left and a bathroom next to it. There's=are three bedrooms on the first floor. My workroom=study is big. There's a sofa, a desk, a computer, on the right there is a bookcase and a television. There's a small table and a relaxing chair=an easy chair in the workroom. There's=are plants and a painting on the wall.

a workroom = British usually call this kind of room 'a study' [stadi]
a relaxing chair = 'an easy chair' or 'a lounge chair' or 'a recliner'
There +vns. = There is (There is a painting and plants)
There +dgs. = There are (There are plants and a painting)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5495 nuo Jurate
This is an easy chair or a lounge chair. Very luxurious...

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arunas, Romualda

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5502 nuo ginta
ginta replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
My building is =has six storeys. I live in a flat on the second floor. I have two rooms, a living room, a workroom=study, a kitchen,a shower, a toilet.
In the living room there are two sofas, a small table, a TV, a laptop and I have a small fish in an aquarium. In the workroom=study there's
a sofa, a cupboard, a desk, a work =writing table, a sewing machine. There's are plants in my room. Near my house there is a swiming pool and supermarkets IKI and Agis.

More
prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. #5503 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: MONDAY 2016
We live in a five-story building. Our apartment is on the fourth floor. There is a bedroom, a living room, a balcony, a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet. There is a double bed in the bedroom. On the left of the bed there is a small table. On the right of the door there is a large closet. There's a TV by the wall. In the living room next to the window there is a computer desk. On the floor there is a small carpet. In front of the door there's a sofa. In the kitchen there is a bar table, which we eat at. There are a lot of cabinets. We really like our balcony, It overlooks the city and gives a beautiful view. Well here, we are living in. Best wishes from our cat :)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 7 mėn. nuo Arunas.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.371 sekundžių