2017 FRIDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6695 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
The late evening is my favourite time of day. I like reading, watching films, searching online. It’s my time. The favourite day of the week is Friday. The weekend is coming! It’s time of my family time. And I have English lessons on Friday. It’s great! June is my favourite month because I feel like my vacation’ll=will come soon. I love summer because it is the warm, green and light season. I always have a long holiday I can relaxe and forget my work for all season. My favourite public holiday is Christmas Eve. It is a magic and family evening. And it is good because we usually have some days off work. I don’t like The first of April. I don’t read newspapers and I don’t watch TV on that day.:silly:
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6698 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
Thank you! It is better to use will and not 'll with the vacation just because it is difficult to pronounce B)

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6706 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
My favorite time of day is evening. Mostly my evenings are at home. In evenings all family members meet. We eat evening meal, we talk about day events. It's fine routine. The favorite day of the week is Friday. THE Weekend starts! Why I like Friday and THE weekend it's simple, it is often non-working days...ONE CAN do something interesting....without ownUSUAL DAILY work. I not DON"T have my favorite month. I think every month have=S A little piece OF something interesting. For example February in this year. In this month we has=VE spring rain, winter ice storm and some sunny days. If we look intently=carefully, I think we WOULD find something interesting in every month. My favorite season is summer. Because it is the warm, THERE IS A holiday and short nights time. My favorite public holiday is Christmas Eve. I like it, because we usually have some days off work. I don't understand, Joninės=Midsummer public day. I think this day is A misunderstanding and THE government insinuation=insinuated/ meant/ tried it as an experiment for THE peoples. One good reason is off work day.=the day off work.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6707 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
My favourite time of day is breakfast or dinner. Then I read and I drink coffee.
My favourite day of week is Saturday because I don’t like to be in a hurry in the morning.
My favourite month is June because my summer holiday starts.
My favourite season is summer. I like hot weather.
My favourite public holiday is Christmas Eve and Christmas because it’s a long holiday sometimes.
Our dear Jūrate,
Don't worry about our fail! It isn't yours.
Thank you for your help.

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6712 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: Music
I don’t have my favourite singer or band. I’m not a member of a fan club or forum. I go to concerts a few times a year. I listen to music online. I like to listen TO catholic songs. I like to sing bard songs.
Sometimes I play the guitar (one or two months before some event). Almost every day I use eastern or other various music for dancing (it is the type of sport I like very much). I hate blues, jazz, hip hop. I prefer rock, pop or classical music (classical music I like to listen TO only in the=at concerts).Also I like songs with funny lyrics.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6716 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Music
I know you sing well, Simona because I have heard you singing :) . Once at the library I heard you singing Kernagis songs and it was great. You also played the guitar. I imagine you would be a great entertainment in front of a camp fire. When I lived in a residence hall in my student years, I had a friend who loved to sing poetry. She had her guitar in her room and she sang for us sometimes in evenings. We listened to her sitting on the floor and with candles lit. My favourite songs sung by her were those by Kernagis and a few Russian ones, like 'Tutankhamoon' by Nautilius Pompilius' and 'This Is All' ('Это всё') by ДДТ. Unfortunately I am a bad singer and I can only play 'Two roosters' on the piano :lol:

Here's the reminder (priminimas) about what to do for next Friday.
We are meeting at 4 PM as always. Have a nice week! :evil:

We are at Unit 6C! Please use your iTutor and do all exercises for 6C

Do the exercises from the workbook pages 42 and 43. Use the iChecker for exercise 5

Write on the Forum. Answer the questionniare from page 49 in the student's book.

(Simona has done it. I am going to do it too later on...)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6717 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Music
Marius, I read your homework about your most and least favourite holidays and I have to tell you that I TOTALLY disagree with you about Midsummer day. It is a very significant time in the nature and magic happens. If you spend Midsummer day in the country dancing around the fire, if you go for a swim and drink tea made of wild herbs, you will stay healthy all year long. It's true! :lol:

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6763 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My homework…I was sick…
I am not a big fan of some singers or bands. I like music but I don’t have a time to listen to it specially. I go to concerts very seldom because I prefer performance. I’m not a member of a fan club or forum. I have A listen to music what = which my children love increasingly. I think I was listened to music and danced when I was younger. I liked loudly music but now I want only a silence. I listened to heavy metal, it was interesting for me when I was A teenager but now I hate it. Is it an old age? Oh, my God… I prefer classical music, lyricAL songs.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6770 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Last time we revised so you didn't miss anything :) I hope you feel better now.

I didn't understand the phrase 'I prefer performance'. Do you not go to concerts because you like to watch musicians on TV?
Performance means 'pasirodymas, atlikimas, numeris'. It is used to talk musicians, actors, artists, sportspeople, students at exams, about live concerts and TV shows.
For example:
Did you see this German singer at Eurovision? He gave a great performance!
When are the Lithuanians performing? After the Estonians!
Žalgiris team performed bad at Olympics...

www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/performance

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6776 nuo Inga
When I wrote performance I thought about spektakliai :silly: And I think now that I watch musicans on TV more often than listen to music on the radio, online or CD...
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. nuo Inga.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6792 nuo Jurate
Please, guys, don't forget to write about your attendance here : edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...friday?start=36#6793
(It is helps me a lot when getting ready for a lesson )

What to do for the 24th of March:
Do all exercises in Unit 6 - revise and check on iTutor:

Write on the Forum.
Watch the video. Don't worry if you can't understand everything people say. Write what you can understand.
A. What countries and cities did you hear people talk about when speaking about travels ?
B. What do people in the video like about travelling?
C. What do people in the video dislike about travelling?

The presenter says: I have spent (esu praleidęs) a lot of time living in different countries. There isn't one place I think of as home (Nėra vienos vietos, kurią vadinčiau savo namais. ) I have lived (esu gyvenęs) in Scotland and Poland and China I love going to new places and learning about new cultures. Today I'm asking people about travel
I have been / I've been[ai hev byn] aš esu buvęs
a passion [pašn] aistra, a different lifestyle - skirtingas gyvenimo būdas; a different background - skirtinga kilmė, soc. sluoksnis;
different people coming from different backgrounds - skirtingi žmonės, kilę iš skirtingų sluoksnių
I've been traveling for a two-and-a-half years solid now - Keliauju jau du su puse metų be pertraukos
an expedition leader - ekspedicijų, užsienio misijų vadovas; to operate [opereit] - veikti, vykdyti veiklą;
to mature a lot [mačio] subręsti labai; the airport experience - patirtis aerouoste; an arrival [araival] - atvykimas; scenery [si:neri] - vaizdai; anticipation [antisipeišn] - laukimas su nekantra;
I suppose [siupouz] - Sakyčiau,... manau, kad....a plane journey- kelionė lėktuvu;
living out of a suitcase - gyvenimas ant lagamino;...
necessity [nesesiti] - būtinybė an adventure [advenča] nuotykis;
In all honesty - sąžiningai, tiesą pasakius... In all honesty I actually see the whole travel as an adventure in itself (Tiesą pasakius, man viskas kelionėje yra nuotykis)
backpacking [be:k pa:king] - keliavimas su kuprinėmis;
to run out of money - nebeturėti pinigų; a dangerous situation [deinžeres si tiu eišn] -pavojinga situacija;
a disadvantage - [dizadventidž] trūkumas;
You tend to miss the family - dažnai pasiilgsti šeimos;... a tier [tje:] - trečdalis... two tiers of the year [tiu tiez...] - du trimestrus (trečdalius) į metus
handicapped [hendike:pt] - neįgalus, getting around - keliauti po vieną vietovę, po miestą;
... When I got married I actually started missing flights - praleisti, pavėluoti į skrydžius (į lėktuvą)

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6817 nuo Inga
It was AN interesting video but rather difFicult for me. I didn't understand some people who spoke on=IN this video. All people said they love travelLing. They like to see new places, nature, to see art or go to the theather, to understand different culture, to taste different food. I understood that prolblems for some people is flying, to find good parking space or finding required=some particular place in the old cities.

"required" isn't the same as "reikalinga(s)" in Lithuanian. It is not about what you need, but what laws and responsabilities impose on you. And if people want or need something, they usually talk about something particular or specific...

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6818 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
A. Scotland, Poland, China, India, Istanbul, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, most countries, any countries, different countries.

B. When they travel they learn, they just completely different experiences to would used to a home. They like airport experience. They like that live the arrival more that the travel. They like to see art especially, they like to see treater in other country's. They see some of the most beautiful scenery around the world, which you would experience in other countries. They like getting out there and experience a different culture getting far away from you. They know what we're used to Australia and meeting new people. They anticipation of learning a new chats, they have seen very different things repeating a different language.

C. They don't like long lines, the piers pain Danny's and always the most exciting things. They don't like flying particularly but it's a necessary when they live in Ireland. Biggest problem with traveling is living out of a suitcase. They scared running money, and dangerous situations. They don't like disadvantages when need leave friend and family and normal things. They hardest thing is that handicapped sometimes getting around especially very old cities is very difficult. They usually late against the airports, but until they got no it actually missing flight.

PS. Here I am trying to write down what I heard in video........ I think made a lot of errors ... but the good thing that I wrote a lot of text..:)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. nuo Marius.

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6819 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
hello,
Scotland, Pauland, Chine, India, Turkey, Egipt, Malta. (Poland, Egypt...)
People like these thinks:
„learn new experience, you mature as a person“, „like the airport experience“, „like arts and theather of different country=Ies“, „meeting new people“, „different food and language“.

People dislike these things:
„I don‘t like long flights“, y=Journey planning“, „living out of a suitcase“, „tend to miss family, friends“.

a country - countries; to fly (skristi) = the bird flies ... galūnė -y keičiama į -ies :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6865 nuo Jurate
Hi there! :)

This is your homework for the seventh of April. We meet at 4 on Friday as always.
Please do your homework and write on the Forum. Write about your attendance. It really matters to me.

Here's what to do at home:
DO UNIT 7A on iTUTOR and in the WORKBOOK(don't forget to use the iCHECKER for exercises 3 and 4)

Here's what to write on the Forum:

Watch this video and answer my questions:
1.What is the blue plaque ([bliu: ple:k] - mėlynoji lentelė.)? Where is it put up?
2.Who were these famous blue-plaque people:

Who was Virginia Woolf?
Who was John Logie Baird?
Who was Isaak Newton?
Who was Florence Nightingale?
Who were Handel and Jimmy Hendrix ? Why do they have blue plaques when they both aren't British?

Words in the video:
They are part of the scheme that started here in eighteen sixty six Jos yra dalis plano, sumanymo (scheme [sky:m]), kuris prasidėjo čia 1866.
to put up - iškelti, išstatyti viešai;
in honor [in one] - garbei;
There are a few of them dotted around that you can see as you walk the streets of London - Yra keletas jų, įtaisytų aplinkui (dotted [dotid] around - žymintis vietą kaip koks taškas (a dot) );
Broadcasting House [broudka:stin hauz] - TV ir radijo transliacijų rūmai;
a biopic [bajopik ] = a biographical picture [bajografikal pikče] - biografinis filmas; She was a subject of the two-thousand-and-two biopic The Hours Apie ją buvo sukurtas ( ji buvo pagr. tema) 2002 m. biograf. filmas 'Valandos'... and Nicole Kidman won an Oscar for her performance [pefo:mans] (... ir Nikolė Kidman laimėjo Oskarą už savo vaidmenį)...
Soho [souhou] - a neighbourhood in central London famous for its night life
... who was voted as one of the one hundred greatest Britons in the two-thousand-and-two public vote - buvo išrinktas vienu iš šimto garsiausių britų visuotiniame balsavime...
the invisible force that keeps us on Earth - nematoma jėga, kuri laiko mus ant Žemės...
to set up a nursing school - įkurti slaugos mokyklą; Saint Thomas's hospital [sent tomasiz hospital] - Šv. Tomo ligoninė;
He had a big influence [in fliu ans] on others in his time and after his death - Turėjo didelę įtaką kitiems per savo gyvenimą ir po mirties...

More
prieš 7 m. 4 sav. - prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6889 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
1. The blues plaques is=are a part of the scheme, that started in 1866. That =They are put up in honor of famous people and there are a few of them dotted around and you can see as you walk the streets of London.
2. Virginia Woolf was a famous novelist and critic. John Loge Baird was a Scottish engineer and inventor. Isaac Newton was a scientist and he come up with theory of gravity. Florence Nightingale was a famous English nurse. Handel was a famous composer and Jimmy Hendrix was a famous guitarist and song writer. They have blue plaques when he has =because they had a big influence on other musicians in his =their time.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 sav. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 4 sav. - prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6890 nuo Inga
The blue plaque is put up on the houses where lived famous people lived in London. Virginia Woolf was a novelist and a critic. John Logie Baird was a scotish (=S) engineer. Isaak Newton was a scientist and he came up with theory of gravity. The place where Newton lived is a shop now. Florence Nightingale was a famous English nurse. She was setted up a nursing school and =in a hospital of Saint Thomas.(Was I right? YES :)) Handel and Jimmy Hendrix were famous musicians of world. They aren't British but they have blue plaques because they lived for a short time in London.

to come up - sugalvoti, išrasti
to set up - įkurti
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 sav. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6936 nuo Jurate
Thank you Marius and Inga!

Can other people watch the video and write what they can understand?

See you on Thursday.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.365 sekundžių