2017 FRIDAY

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6955 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Guys! We meet after Easter holidays, on Friday at 4.
Because your attendance isn't regular, don't forget to write a comment before comming: edukacija.psvb.lt/forum/11-for-meetings-...friday?start=54#6954
Also, if you have time please take a look at Unit 7B on iTutor and do exercises for Grammar, Vocabulary and Pronunciation :

Here's an Easter homework for you: do this test online and find out what eggs are the best for you based on your personality.
If you liked doing the test say thanks to me: write on the forum what result you got!

Go to this webpage and click START: www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/quizzes/bp-how-should-you-have-your-eggs

My result is: I should have boiled eggs because I enjoy simple things in my life!
I think it is true, I don't need lots of things in my life to be happy. Just a little peace and nice weather is enough, also a warm home, a bicycle, a big garden, a dog and a cat in this garden, free and fast internet connection and a good Apple computer 8)

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 2 sav. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6964 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Hello
My result is boiled. :) . I should have boiled eggs , too.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6973 nuo Jurate
Hi, Violeta! Nice to hear that our personalities have some similarities (although it is hard to believe when looking at us) :lol:
I missed you! I hope you will drop by [drop bai] (užsuksite) some day again to the English class ;)

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6974 nuo Violeta
I miss you too...:( I will be tomorrow at 4. :)

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. - prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6975 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Hello! My results about eggs aren't original too...I have to eat boiled eggs.I like simple things too :)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 sav. nuo Inga.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6977 nuo Jurate
Simple things are the best and priceless, of course :) But could it be that this test is broken so that it gives the same answer to everyone? What options do we have to choose to earn scrambled eggs? :lol:

By the way, I made a huge mistake when speaking about eggs last time in the classroom. Skystas kiaušinis in English is "a runny egg". Runny eggs are delicious and leaky eggs are cracked [kre:kt] (suskilę), broken (sudužę). Please, forgive me :blush:

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6979 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My results: You enjoy the simple things in life and you're confident in your choices. You should have your eggs boiled - try them with toast for dipping, or chopped up in a tasty summer salad. :)

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. - prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6981 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My result: scrambled egg (omelette)............when choose option .............egg important food :)
Not important how prepared egg, i like eat him. But if egg prepared in "Japanese“, (roasted "a runny egg" with pepper and salt), cut into strips and supplied with black bread. It is fantastic.

My result: scrambled egg (omelette)............when I choose the option .............egg is an important food :)
It's Not important how prepared egg is, I like to eat it. But if an egg is cooked in "Japanese“, (a roasted "_runny egg" with pepper and salt), cut into strips and _ with black bread on the side. It is fantastic.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 sav. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #6984 nuo Jurate
Marius, I love your comments because you can tell stories, and I would feel honnored if I could hammer English grammar into your head :cheer: But it is only you who can teach yourself :)

Here is your homework for the next Friday. Next week is National Library Week all around Lithuania and the library can't close for cleaning. We meet at 4 pm on the twenty eighth! See you! :kiss:

Do Units 7B and 7C on iTutor:

Do pages 45, 46 and 47 in the workbook.
Use the iChecker for exercise 5 on page 46 . We check everything in the class!

Write on the Forum about a memorable event in your past.

Answer these questions:

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. - prieš 7 m. 5 d. #7002 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My trip,

It was two weeks ago. I went to my sister in Vilnius.I wanted to visit my sister. I went with my husband by car.
I wore warm clothes, because it was very cold..We went to visit famous places in Vilnius. I didn't meet anyone.
To=For lunch we had soup, and beef steak After lunch we had coffee with cake..I got back home very late.I had a good time.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 5 d. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. - prieš 7 m. 5 d. #7021 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Three weeks ago I was invited into a group of people, wich had attends =attended a survival exercises=class in nature. The group consisted of 15 people. We went to military lands in the forest near Rukla. Day before this adventure, I got directions, how=what I need to wear and what I can take to this trip. The instructions stated: 1. You must be in the forest all day and all night. 2. You must eat something, what you find in the forest. When we were in the middle of the forest, our teachers (three LT army soldiers) to teach=taught [to:t] us about water cleaning, building a bought tent, setting up a fire. All day we ate tree buds, roots and we can=could eat roasted rabbit..... but don‘t=we didn't hunt it down. In the evening, we roasted the fish on fire (fish we bought <em>fish</em> in=at "Maxima" :) ). At night we learned, how to find the way to home from an unknown terrain. All night we were burning fire and discussing. In the morning a few people tested „road of glory“ (swampy terrain with obstacles). We got back home at lunch. Our adventure succeeded. I had a good time and found=made new frends.

Wow! That was a great adventure! :woohoo:
to hunt - medžioti; to hunt down - sumedžioti.

More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. - prieš 7 m. 5 d. #7024 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
When my husband was in the forest I had a good time with my friend. I invited one good friend to come at=in the evening. We ate Sushi and drank red wine. We talked and talked because we didn't meet each other a long time. I wore simple home clothes. There =It was very warm and comfortable inside but this night was about 7degrees outside.It was very late when my friend went=came back home. It was a memorable feminine = ladies' evening.

Ooh! ;) It seems to me like you were a little bit worried about your husband's late return home! :) :kiss:

It was warm (speaking about quality); There was a friend of mine and I (speaking about places)

More
prieš 7 m. 6 d. - prieš 7 m. 5 d. #7027 nuo Violeta
It was 4 weeks ago. I was in Rome and also in Vatican. I was with my daughter Kornelija. We travelled by plane. I wore casual clothes like jeans, shirts, jacket. We visited famous places of Rome and Vatican. We ate Italian food such as pizza, spagetti, tiramisu, lasagne and very delicious ice-cream. I Also drank real Italian coffee and wine. We get (=got) back home after 3 days after. We spent = had a really good time.

There isn't a rule, we just have to remember:
leisti (kokį?) gerą/ blogą laiką = to have a good / a bad time;
leisti (kiek?) mažai/ daug laiko = to spend little / a lot of time.
:)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 d. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7030 nuo Jurate
We are going to meet on the fifth of May next time, at 4 PM :)

Here's what to do until then:
Do the exercises on pages 48 and 49 in the workbook:
some words and phrases: particular [partikjula] - ypatinga(s); in fact - tiesą sakant, pavyzdžiui; Vampire Weekend [ vempaje ui:kend] - Vampyriškas savaitgalis; straight away [streit ouei] - nedelsiant, tučtuojau; more or less [mo: o les] - daugiau ar mažiau, šiaip ar taip;
(p. 49) frequent [fri:kant] - dažniausiai pasitaikantis, labiausiai paplitęs; to operate [opereit] - tvarkyti, valdyti; confusing [kanfjuzin] - painus; scenic [scenik] - vaizdingas; a motorway [moto uei] - greitkelis; flexible [fleksibl] - lankstus, prisitaikantis; National Rail Enquiries [neišnal reil inkuajeriz] - nacionalinis geležinkelių vartotojų apklausų biuras;

Sorry for the delay. Atleiskite už vėlavimą. If you have time, please write on the Forum answers tp the listening exercise 4 from iChecker.

See you on Friday! Don't forget to write about your attendance: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meetings-attendees

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7054 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Six years ago I went to Norway. It was fourteen days work trip. I and my colleagues travelled on the plane from Riga to Oslo. In Norway we visited many hospitals, cliniks. We met and we talked to our collegues in English about our work. We visited a lot of patients in their home. In free time we went to the mountains. I wore warm clothes, because it was cold.
We ate defferent food, delicious ice-cream and drank red wine, coffee.
I liked this trip. I had a good time.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7055 nuo Jurate
A little information about Mothering Day in the UK and the USA
What is Mother's Day:
long article: www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christi...heringsunday_1.shtml
short article: www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/17343360

This is what British children usually do for their Mums on this day: www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/39397551

Poem generator - it is fun! :woohoo: : www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/quizzes/bp-mothers-day-poem-generator

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7061 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Vilma and Arvydas did our homework. Our score is 100/100.Excellent and brilliant!

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7062 nuo Jurate
Please, people, write about your attendance for the 12th of May

Do TEST 7 on the iChecker:
Open the iChecker

Do 30 sentences and go on to the dictation:

What to write on the Forum:
I got 100 points on the test! :woohoo: What about you? How did you do? ;) :cheer: Did you do any mistakes? Please, write :)
Choose (pasirinkite):
A
If you have time, you can read more about Mothering Sunday (look at my previous comment above ↑) And if you want, you can write what day the British celebrate Mothering Sunday. Is it later or earlier than Lithuanians? Also, what do children usually do for their mums?

B.
Or just write about your Mum :) Just answer my questions:
1.What is your best childhood memory about your Mum?
2. What did she look like when you were small? 3. What does she look like now? (I hope she's well and alive! I'm sorry if my question is distressing (skaudus) It is not my intention at all!)
3. Did you congratulate your mother on Mothering Sunday? Did you write her a poem and bought a cake? :silly:

What about my mum? My best childhood memories about my mum are going for long walks together and watching her drawing pictures. My mum loved walking by Lėvuo or going to the park She always took me together with her and we imagined various stories about gnomes and animals hiding in trees, bushes and the river. We took bread with us and fed ducks in the river and we sat on the grass in the summer or built snowmen in the winter. My mother could draw very well, she could make people's portraits, she drew me and my favourite characters from children's books. I loved to sit beside her and watch her working on some drawing. She doesn't draw anymore, but still, her Easter eggs are much more beautiful than the eggs colored by me!

Every child sees their mother as the most beautiful woman in the World! I think my mother was one of the most beautiful women in Pasvalys! She had long black hair and grey eyes, white and soft skin, she was thin and tall and gracious. Unfortunately, I don't look like my mother, I took after my father.

Now my mother is sixty four, has grey hair that is still long. She has difficulties to walk because her knees hurt. She isn't thin and gracious but she is still beautiful to me. I didn't do much for her on Mothering Sunday, I bought her two bags of her favourite cookies :)

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.387 sekundžių