2017 FRIDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6538 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
1.F; 2.T; 3.F; 4.F; 5.T; 6.T; 7.T; 8.F; 9.F.

A2, B5, C8, D1, E3, F4, G6, H7.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6547 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Here's what to do until the next meeting... which is going to be on February the tenth :cheer:

First, don't forget to write wether (ar) you're coming or not to the meeting: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meetings-attendees

Do you remember basic words about the weather? Check yourself:
What’s the weather like in summer?
It’s usually hot and _____.
A sun ■ B sunny ■ C sunning ■
Is it _____ today?
A windy ■ B winding ■ C windey ■
It’s 48 ºC today. That’s _____!
A warm ■ B hot ■ C cold ■
The season before winter is _____.
A spring ■ B summer ■ C autumn ■
I can’t see very well because it’s _____.
A foggy ■ B fog ■ C cool ■
ANSWERS:
DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

Do you remember English words for clothes?

ANSWERS :
DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

Do all the exercises for 5 Practical English : from the iTutor and from the workbook (page 36):

Write on the Forum about your town.

1.Where is your town and how is it called?
2.What's the weather like in your town?
3. What is your favourite kind of weather and why?
4. What do you like to do in winter and in summer? Where do you like to go when it is cold, when it is hot or when it rains?
5. What can visitors see in your town? What famous monuments and beautiful places are there?
6. What's interesting going on in your town at the moment?
7. Where can tourists stay and where can they eat in your town? Where can they go shopping? What do you recommend?

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6576 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
About my town....

There, where the two biggest river's flows (I mean Levuo and Svalia), there's a great city called Pasvalys.

Which The weather which was in early morning in high mountains, the same weather is in Pasvalys, only very sad that mountains are not in Pasvalys.

3. What is your favorite kind of weather and why?
I like time before a big storm, when it is rainy and a lightning cloud comes in front of me.

4. What do you like to do in winter and in summer? Where do you like to go when it is cold, when it is hot or when it rains?
In winter i (=capital I ! )like to walk in the park, or in summer i like traveling. When it is cold or/and rainy i like to sit before =in front of the fireplace and read a good book (for example Bridget's diary :) ). When it is hot, i like water attractions (canoeing, diving and other).

5. What can visitors see in your town? What famous monuments and beautiful places are there?
In my town visitors can see, green (stinking) water source, sinkhole park the only one in the world, old town, the remains of the old bridge and other interesting things.

6. What's interesting going on in your town at the moment?]
Soon enough Saturday Mass and Independence Day celebration will take place (bus, įvyks).

7. Where can tourists stay and where can they eat in your town? Where can they go shopping? What do you recommend?
Pasvalys have=s the great hotel "Šilas", when =if the hotel is expensive you can stay in=go camping near the hotel. Yet you can stay in a hotel - dormitory (a guest house "At Rimas' "?), but it place i not recommend=but I don't recommend this place for anyone. Pasvalys has only one cafe and few kebabs shops- fast food places. In Pasvalys is =there are three big supermarkets, but anyway some items may not be found. Welcome to Pasvalys.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6578 nuo Jurate
Everyone! I have urgent news for you. Please read: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...friday?start=18#6546

Marius, you are a wonderful story-teller. You must learn English grammar and write a book about Lithuania for English speaking people. :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6580 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
What’s the weather like in summer?
It’s usually hot and _sunny____.
A sun ■ B sunny ■ C sunning ■
Is it __windy___ today?
A windy ■ B winding ■ C windey ■
It’s 48 ºC today. That’s _hot____!
A warm ■ B hot ■ C cold ■
The season before winter is _autumn____.
A spring ■ B summer ■ C autumn ■
I can’t see very well because it’s __foggy___.
A foggy ■ B fog ■ C cool ■

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6581 nuo Jurate
Alma, did you want to talk about the weather in Pasvalys? :silly:

The weather subject is a good way to start a conversation with a good-looking stranger from the UK... :P

About the next lesson:
Did you read about the change of the time? edukacija.psvb.lt/forum/11-for-meetings-...friday?start=18#6546
Please, download [dounloud] (parsisiųskite) a book with an audio. We are going to read this book at the next lesson (Unit 6A: Sally's phone). In your textbooks there isn't the end. You can find out how the story ends in here: www27.zippyshare.com/v/yck7MRNk/file.html

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6591 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
1. I will be away, but I hope that I will make it in time.

2. What’s the weather like in summer?
It’s usually hot and B sunny

Is it _A windy____ today?

It’s 48 ºC today. That’s B hot _____!

The season before winter is C autumn_____.

I can’t see very well because it’s A foggy_____.

My town is in the north of Lithuania and is called Pasvalys.
The weather is seasonal: winter is always cold, spring is rainy and warm, summer is hot and autumn is muddy :)
My favourite kind of weather is in the summer I like it when it's hot.
In winter I like to go skying, in summer swimming. When it's cold I like being at home, when it's hot I like lying in the sun, and when it rains I read a book.
They can see the church, parks, the swimming pool, the museum etc.=and so on...
there is going to be a Commemoration of Vasario 16.=celebration of Lithuanian Idependance Restoration Day on the Sixteenth of February
They can stay at the hotel "Pas Rima", they can eat at caffes, they can shop at the bazaar=market,
Priedai:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6595 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Pasvalys is near auto road=motorway A 10 at 37 kilometers from Panevėžys. Pasvalys is not big but it is a quieit town.We have an =the (because you explain what opportunity) opportunity to see and to feell all seasons of the year.I love the weather when it is very sunny but not hot. I hate rainy and windy days. I think that our town is not very interesting if vizitors hope big active entertainments=... if visitors hope for great entertaining activities... We have a swimming pool which is open only in the winter season. We have a cozy library which is open in all seasons. There are =is not a big but neat old town. Visitors can see a church which looks very beautifull in the evening from the river side. They can walk near ordered the river shore=along/on the well kept river bank and in/ around the sinkholes park. They can visit our regional museum, millstone museum. Our towners is waiting for the 16th of February and they will celebrate Lithuanian independence day.(they must be capital letters) Our guests can stay and rest in the hotel Šilas. I think that food will be included. There are only some places where they can eat in the centre of our town. There are some small shops and all are near each other.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6596 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
I live in the north of Lithuania in a small town Pasvalys.
We have four seasons: spring, summer, autumn, winter.
I like a warm summer becouse I dont like a frost (todėl, kad neskaičiuotinas - because it is uncountable).
In winter I like skying, in summer I like swimming and travelling. When it's cold I like sitting at home, when it's hot I like swimming in the river Lėvuo and when it rains I browse internet.
In Pasvalys visitors can see beautiful square of town with the church, parks ,a swimming pool, a museum, a =the green source (because you say the name of the source - The Green Source)
There is St. Valentine's Day on the 14th of February, Lithuania's Independence Day on the 16th of February and Lithuania's Independence Day Restoration on the 11th of March.
In Pasvalys there are =is the great=the big('the great' means didingasis, puikusis) hotel "Šilas", a camping site, a guest house "At Rimas'. Tourists can eat at caffe "Arka", they can shop at the bazaar =market and at the supermarkets.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6599 nuo Jurate
Wonderful, thank you guys! Some remarks about vocabulary:
a market is a place in a town where food, clothing and other things are sold outdoors.
a supermarket is a big shop that sells food a little of clothing and other small things for housekeeping.
well-kept is tidy and neat, without trash

The Green Source, The Sinkhole Park , Valentine's Day, Lithuanian Independence Day - words in names and titles are written with first capital letters.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6624 nuo Jurate
Hi, everyone!
Here's what to do for February the seventeenth.
Do all exercises from Unit 6A on iTutor:

Do the exercises from pages 38 to 39 in Workbook:

Download the book 'Sally's Phone' with the audio from here: www.mediafire.com/file/3xdmt8s8f7i9tb7/S...-_Sally%27s_Phone.7z (it's a new website).
Listen and read to the story and tell about it very shortly on the Forum .
1. Who is Sally and Andrew? Why was this Firday special for them?
2. Who's Paul?
3. How did Paul and Sally lose their phones? How did they get them back?
4. Did you like the story? Do you find this story interesting, boring, silly or funny?
5. What stories do you prerefe to read? Is it fiction, history or science books? Romance, fantasy or crime? Do you usually read on paper or on screen (ant ekrano,elektroniškai)?

Use the new phrases and words:
to ring (skambėti, paskambinti... I rang him yesterday...Paskambinau jam vakar... Whose phone is ringing? Kieno telefonas skamba?...)
to be/ to talk/ to speak on the phone - kalbėti telefonu
to answer, to answer the call (atsiliepti telefonu. Sorry, I have to answer my phone...)
to pass/ to give a message to someone (perduoti žinutę kam nors... Can you pass my message to the boss?...)
to pick up the phone (= answer the phone - atsiliepti telefonu)
to pick up [pik ap] - pakelti, paimti
to put down [put daun] - padėti daiktą, telefono ragelį, užbaigti telefoninį pokalbį ... She said her goodbyes and put down the phone - Ji atsisveikino ir padėjo ragelį)

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6638 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Sally’s phone
On Thursday Sally woke up. Her mean boyfriend Andrew called her and he asked her to meet in the evening and to put on the blue skirt. Sally’s blue skirt was dirty. So, she decided to buy the new one. She liked red skirt in the=a clothes shop and she bought it. Then she went to drink coffee in the=a cafe. Paul drank coffee in the same café. He picked up her bag from the floor. Then Sally come back to work. Later Paul and Sally understood one problem: Paul picked up Sally’s phone in the café and Sally picked up Paul’s phone. It was the reason to meet each other after working hours. They met in the park and they changed their phones. Paul liked Sally with the red skirt. This polite man invited Sally to go together to his sister’s birthday party. Sally agreed.
It is funny story (and easy to understand).
I think it would be good to discus about reading when we'll meet on Friday.
Thank you.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6640 nuo Jurate
Wonderful! Just use 'a' article when you mention something for the very first time. If you're not sure what article to use, translate in your head in Lithuanian: is it better to say 'vienoje' (=a) or 'toje' (=the) ?

And I agree to discuss our reading preferences when we meet tomorrow. See you! :cheer:

My take on the story about Sally:
Sally was a young beautiful woman in a big city who wanted to live well. She met a rich businessman called Andrew and she started to date him. Andrew was a very annoying person, he loved to order her around. But Sally never argued with him because she expected to get married to him one day. And maybe it would have happened so (būtų taip nutikę) if not for one funny accident.
One early morning Andrew phoned Sally to order her to put on his favourite skirt and meet him and his boss in a bar the same evening. But Andrew's favourite skirt was dirty, so Sally had to buy a new one. After shopping she went for a coffee to a nearest cafe where she accidentaly exchanged phones with a young handsome stranger. They both sat at the same table, they both had their phones out on the table so it was easy to get confused. At work Sally started to get phone calls for someone called Paul and she saw that she had the wrong phone. Paul also noticed that he had a different phone when he tried to call his mom. Soon they called each other and agreed to meet again to get their phones back. Sally saw that Paul was reach like Andrew but unlike Andrew he was polite. So she left her boyfriend Andrew and went out with Paul. Maybe this time she will be lucky!

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6642 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Sally and Andrew were a pair=couple. At one special Friday=Thursday they had to meet with Andrew’s boss. Paul is a good and polite guy. Paul and Sally suddenly met each other in a coffee in =at the lunch time. Paul and Sally were distracted and took the wrong phones not them from the table. After long and different calls they met each other in the Queen’s Square and get (=o) their phones back. And then the real story and begins.
I liked this story because it was easy to understand and funny. Usually I read on paper but to read on screen an English book (like this story and Bridget Jones) and listen to=at the same time it is very interesting and fine.

a pair - it is just two people together, but they aren't in a relationship: "A pair of thieves broke into the house"
a couple - people who are in a relationship: 'Your sister and her husband are a beautiful couple!'

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6645 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Very shortly about story "Sally's phone"

Somewhere in a big city, living one young beautiful women called Sally lived. She have =has a friend Andrew, who is the =an arrogant man, who is to ignore=ignores the views of others. Sally seemed =thought that Andrew is the only man who can marry her one day. One day happened one event happened when broken all settings.=and it changed everything She meet young handsome stranger, and not only.....she exchanged phones =with him . Some small incidents, for =because of exchanged phones, forced Sally look around and she decided to slightly change themselves and their behavior=her views on/attitude to life?. She feels lucky.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6653 nuo Jurate
This is your homework for the third of March. Is March the third special for you or is it just a regular day? :cheer:

In this homework we learn how to talk about our favorite times

1. Do the exercises in Unit 6B on iTutor
blue means depressing, sad and melancholic . There is a saying in the USA: Dollars are green but they make you blue... :lol:

2. Do the exercises in Unit 6B in Workbook. Yellow circled exercises mean that you have to listen to the audios 6B on iChecker...
Do you see when the American Indeendance Day is? It's on the fourth of J...
a day of sales [seilz] - išpardavimų diena. On this day you can buy things with a huge discount [diskaunt] (nuolaida)
a maypole - kupolinė

And here's the best April Fool in the history of the British TV - the video about spaghetti crop (auginamas derlius) in Spain. It was made in nineteen fifties:

3. Write on the Forum.
Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania. Which ones do you not celebrate and why?

Also, answer these questions from page 46 in the student's book:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6690 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania. Which ones do you not celebrate and why?

There are a lot of Public holidays in Lithuania, such as January the 13 - Defenders of Freedom Day, Februaly the 16 - Lithuanian Independence Day, March the 11 - Lithuanian Independence Day, and so on. I don't celebrate 6 of July - Lithuanian King Mindaugas Coronation Day, because there are more important things to do on that day. For example sunbathing in the sun or swimming in the lake, river or the sea.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6692 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Think about public holidays and special days in Lithuania...
Maybe king Mindaugas loved to sunbathe and to swim and this is the best way to celebrate his day? Anyway, how do Lithuanians celebrate the sixth of July? They don't do anything special on this day, do they? ;) They just enjoy a day off work...

And January the 13th isn't a public holiday in Lithuania, because it isn't a day off work. But Easter, Christmas or Midsummer are! They are public holidays in this country because no one goes to work ;) Do you like these holidays? They are my favourite!

I especially love Christmas. I would love it even if it was a working day :lol: because it feels like a magic time for me. I don't like shopping or cooking like crazy for Christmas (like my Mom does). But I like the quiet time on Christmas Eve. This is the only big holday that isn't noisy. I sometimes like to take a walk around the town streets, to go to the old park and to listen to the silence. It is quiet everywhere, no traffic, even dogs don't bark, but there is light in all houses. It feels like the life has stopped for one moment and people are waiting for a new and better start and everyone is going to be happier in the morning.

I like to meet up with some colleagues at work for a short chat. We usually hide in a small room behind the shelves, we have some tea and something more for our tea ;) We relax and gossip, we comfort each other :) These are our secret special moments at work and I feel lucky that we can have it.

My other favourite time is at the gym classes. I have it every Monday and Wednesday evening. It is funny, because very often in the middle of the class I want to stop and lie down. Especially if we keep jumping longer than one minute. But after the class my body usually feels great and I love this feeling.

See you in the English class. This is my special time too because I hope that I can help people to learn English. That I can be useful to the community :lol: So, please, learn English because I would take your fail as my fail :O :lol:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.405 sekundžių