2017 FRIDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6375 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My photos

1. This is my friend and my=me. Her name is Aurelija. She is my best friend. We prepare for the New Year's Eve.
2. We are walking with Nordic walking sticks. This is my sister antd my friend. My sister's name is Jolanta. We are walking in a beautiful autumn evening.
3. I am with my dance teacher dance. We cook the fish soup fish.

Please, write verbs in red (prepare and cook) in present continuous and tell about one more photo! :silly:
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6379 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
What to do for the 20th of January?

Your homework is the same as the last time : edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/17-help-with-y...751-2017-friday#6341 . Study 5B on your CD :evil:

Please check your homework above
(viršuje) - read my comments for you and do what I'm asking you to.

Please write on the forum
what countries Alain is in (p.113 in your Student Book) and what problems people are having with their neighbours ( exercise 4 listening from page 33 in Workbook and iChecker)

Also, you can start to write about Bridget Jones's adventures in January and February.
(If you don't have the ebook, take it from here: www.mediafire.com/file/6hx4vdddl4x82mm/B...+Jones%60s+Diary.rar )

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6381 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
About neighbours
I live in the =a block of flats. So, I have a lot of neighbours. They are quite good. I don’t have problems with them. But I don’t like one young man’s behavior. He putsor dumps [damps]- numeta kaip šiukšles packets of cigarettes next to my door. When I left I notice the opened window when it rains or when it snows. Sometimes at 10 p.m. he tries to play piano badly or at about 11p.m. he starts his serenades in terrible singing voice. It happens over =above my bedroom.
But I don’t worry about that because he doesn’t do it very often.

upstairs, above - viršuje / neighbours (from) upstairs, neighbours (from) above - kaimynai viršuje
over - virš, bet tik kai nesiliečia : A plane flew over the desert; A sign hung over the door

When I left I notice the opened window when it rains or when it snows. - NE VIENĄ KARTĄ, DAŽNAI Sometimes when I leave, I notice a window left open even when it rains or it snows... VIENĄ KARTĄ: Once when I left I noticed a window left open and it rained, it snowed inside.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6384 nuo Jurate
Oh, Simona, I hope your young neighbour from above is just an imaginary person, isn't he? :ohmy:
And I hope your neighbours have never complained (niekada dar nėra pasiskundę) about you. Or have they? :silly:

Thank you for writing about your neighbours. :) Actually, you did more than I asked for :P

You had to listen to exercise 4 'Problems with neighbours' on iChecker 5B and write on the Forum what the 4 people are complaining about..

But your comment about your neighbours is OK too :cheer:

Here's what I have to say about me and my neighbours:
I have good neighbours living next door. He's an electrician and she's a children's doctor. They are very nice and helpful neighbours, I can't complain about them at all. Just the opposite - it is them (tai jie) who had some problems with me in the past. It was when I went to the music school and had a piano at home, so they complained a few times about my piano lessons during their children's afternoon nap.
My neighbours downstairs complained once about a water leak ( a leak [li:k] - nuvarvėjimas; to leak - nubėgti, nuvarvėti, ). It was because of me, I did housework and spilled a bucket of water on the floor. It was an accident, of course.
My neighbours upstairs leaked some water on us too. It happened a few times when they turned off their freezer . Every time we complained about the problem they always understood and always fixed the problem very quickly.
Right now my mother is having a problem with a neighbour next balcony. He smokes a lot and the smoke gets into my mother's room. She asked him to stop smoking on the balcony. The neighbour thinks my mother is crazy. But he is smoking less (mažiau) on the balcony these days.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6421 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
You are right.My neighbours have never complained about me.
But that young man (my neighbour :silly: ) really exists.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6422 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Hello. I am preparing my homework. :cheer:
About neighbours problems...
1. The first speaker is complaining about neighbours dogs. Their dogs bark all day and sometimes at night because the owners aren't at home.
2. The second speaker has young neighbours who have noisy parties.
3. The 3rd speaker is telling about very good neighbours. They are inteligent and calm people but they play musical instruments and then there isn't peace at this time.
4. The 4th speaker is growing a baby with neighbours. :silly: The baby is very small but makes a lot of noise.

About photos: A-2 America;
B-5 maybe Spain but its possible and on the Lithuanian beach.
C-3 The trains are very fast in Japan.
D-4 It's Italy.
E-1 It's in the UK of course. :cheer:

I'll write about Bridget tomorrow... :silly:

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6426 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
The neighbors
I live with quiet neighbors. Almost all the neighbors are retired. One grandmother has a small and very angry puppy. When I see them, the puppy always barks at me, it is afraid. The grandmother loves a dog very much. Another grandmother loves birds. Every early morning, she goes out into the yard to feed them. The birds are always waiting for the grandmother. Our neighbors are good for the heart. :)

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6428 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
About my neighbours:
I live in a block of flats. My flat is in the =a five-storeyed house. I live on the ground floor. My neighbours are =aren't ? very noisy. Nothing=No one do not cry, do not bark, do not argue, do not smoke, do not listen to loud music, do not litter.=cries, barks, argues, smokes, listens to loud music or littters. My flat's door is soundproof. I have good neighbours :)
I think my neighbours don't complain about me.

Nothing - niekas daiktams (things)
No one - niekas žmonėms ... Tai yra vienaskaita ir neiginys, todėl nebereikia vartoti doesn't : No one cries = niekas neverkia
;)

About neighbours' problems:
1. Neighbours dogs bark all day and sometimes at night.
2. The young neighbours have noisy parties.
3. Very good neighbours. They are inteligent and calm people but they play musical instruments.
4. The baby is very noisy.
Wonderful! :)

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6429 nuo Alma
My photos:

1. It is summer. It's my birthday party, around there are a lot of friends, we are happy. We are standing in nature near the lake. I'm wearing a long pink dress. It is the photo session.

2. There are =am I and my daughter next to the Mediterranean Sea in Turkey.(o dar geriau: on the Mediterranean beach in Turkey) We are wearing multicolor=colorful summer dresses. We are on holiday, we are doing =taking a selfie.

3. It's winter. My husband and two your=his frends - winter's swimmers are swimming in the river. It is cold weather, around there are a lot of snow and ice, frozen river=the river is frozen. But men aren't feeling the cold. They like it.

I don't care about mistakes, I think now your homework is great! :)

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6430 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
About neighbours problems:
The speaker has a young couple of neighbours. They live whit a baby and dog. Their dog barking=s, their baby craying=cries. And old couple neighours always lisening=listen to the TV very loud, they talking loudly about which programmes. Next neighbors the door same are students. Every night they make parties and playing loud music.

Su nuolat atliekamais, pasikartojančiais veiksmais( 'always', 'never', 'usually', 'every night' ir t.t.) visada vartoti paprastą esamą laiką : They always listen to the TV very loudly... Every night they play loud music...

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6431 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
I am fixing the mistakes.
1. Here, I and my son. We are racing who will swim faster across the river.
2. Near the Lake Titicaca. I am and my wife are learning how to throw tomahawk.
3. Procession through Pasvalys. I am and my family are carrying the longest flag in the world.
4. Holy Florian Day Parade in Pasvalys. I am three thousand and fifty-seventh in the row, from the left.

Foto 1: Alain are =is playing cricket in UK.
Foto 2: Alain are =is standing above Niagara.
Foto 3: Alain are =is riding by an express train in japan.
Foto 4: Alain are =is having lunch near trevi fauntain in Greek=ce.
Foto 5: Alain are =is playing handball in =on a beach near river Mūša.
They argue a lot. (speaker 2)
Their dogs bark. (Speaker 1)
They have noisy parties. (speaker 2)
They have the TV on very loud. (speaker 3)
Their baby cries. (speakeer 4)
They play musical instruments (speakeer 3)

About the diary:
Poor Brigitte's dad, i=I think the women went too crazy in February.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6476 nuo Jurate

Marius parašė: About the diary:
Poor Bridget's dad, I think the women went too crazy in February.

:lol:

Please, now read March, April and May from Bridget's diary and write a short summary here:
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/17-help-with-y...-friday-reading#6477

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6478 nuo Jurate
Here's what to do for next Friday, the third of February.
Do all exercises from the Interactive Disc (unit 5C)
Do test 5 from iChecker

What are your results?
My result is:
DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

Do all exercises on pages 34 to 35 in Workbook
sightseeing [saitsying] - įžymių vietų lankymas; a sight [sait] - reginys; to go sightseeing, arba: to go to see sights - lankyti žymias vietas; including - įskaitant; Edinborough [ Edinbara, Edinbra] - Edinburgas (it's the capital of Scotland) ; Arthur's seat [arthe si:t] - Artūro sostas; Hogamanay [hogmenei] - Naujieji metai Škotijoje; The Royal Mile - Karališkoji mylia; Guiness Storehouse [stohauz] - Gineso pagrindinė būstinė; a store [sto:] - parduotuvė, sandėlis; Kilmainhaim Goal=Jail - [kilmenheim džeil] - Kilmenheimo kalėjimas; Saint Stephen's Green [ sen styvens gryn] - Šv. Stepono žaliasis parkas; Dublin Zoo [dablin zu:] - Dublino Zoologijos sodas; The National Gallery [neišnal galeri] - Nac. galerija; Trinity College in Dublin [triniti koledž] - šv. Trejybės koledžas Dubline.

Write your answers to exercises 4 and 5 from Workbook on the Forum. It is a must.

EXTRA homework (it is not obligatory, just if you want more practice)
Answer these question about the famous places in Dublin. Don't write short answers, write sentences! :)
A. When was the university in Dublin built?
B. How old is the oldest book at Dublin University Library?
C. Does the National Gallery in Dublin have Picasso works?
D. How big is Saint Stephen's Green ?
E. Was original ([oridžinal] - tikroji, pirmutinė) Dublin Castle built in 1204?
F. What does Guiness Sorehouse sell?
G. Does Kilmainhaim Goal keep prisonners today?
H. Is Dublin zoo the oldest in the world or in Europe?
I. Who are Oscar Wild and James Joyce?
J. What place is in the photo?

K. What is this song? Is it known in Lithuania?

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6500 nuo Poppi
Poppi replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
Hello my friends,

These are my answers to exercises 4 and 5.

What is this song? Is it known in Lithuania?

It is the traditional Scottish New Year's song "Auld Lang Syne". This song isn't well known in Lithuania.
Priedai:
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. nuo Poppi.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6512 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My test result was 94 out of 100.
Excercise 4: 1. F 2.T 3.F 4.F 5.F 6.T 7.T 8.F 9.F
Excercise 5: A -2 the National Gallery
B-5 Guiness Sorehouse
C-8 Writers museum
D-1 University Library of Dublin
E -3 Saint Stephen's Green
F-4 Dublin Castle
G -6 Kilmainhaim Goal prison
H -7 Dublin zoo

A. When was the university in Dublin built? The University and Library were built in 1592.
B. The oldest book at Dublin University Library is over 1000 years old.
C. The National Gallery in Dublin has more than 7000 paintings and drawings like Picasso and Goja.
D. Saint Stephen's Green is the bigest square in Europe. There are no cars.
E. Dublin Castle was built in 1204, not original but very important castle.
F. Guiness Sorehouse makes irish bear.
G. Kilmainhaim Goal doesn't keep prisonners today. It is dark and cold building.
H. Dublin zoo is the 3th oldest in the world and largest in Europe. There are chimpanzees and gorillas.
I. Oscar Wild and James Joyce are famous writers of Dublin.
J. What place is in the photo? Maybe it is Saint Stephen's Green?

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6523 nuo Alma
When was the university in Dublin built? The University and Library were built in 1592.
How old is the oldest book at Dublin University Library? The most important book in the library is over a
thousand years old.
Does the National Gallery in Dublin have Picasso works? Some of the most famous works are by painters like
Picasso, Goya, and Velazquez.
How big is Saint Stephen's Green ? The square is the biggest in Europe. It's a very quiet place with no cars
Was original Dublin Castle built in 1204? The castle you see now is not the original from 1204, but it is very important in the history of Ireland .
What does Guiness Sorehouse sell? The building is the home of the famous Irish beer, and the museum is part of the original facto ry.
Does Kilmainhaim Goal keep prisonners today? It is a dark and cold building today.

Is Dublin zoo the oldest in the world or in Europe? It's the third oldest zoo in the world , and the park is the largest park in any city in Europe.
Who are Oscar Wild and James Joyce? Oscar Wild and James Joyce are famous writers of Dublin.

What place is in the photo? It is Saint Stephen's Green.

A -2 the National Gallery
B-5 Guiness Sorehouse
C-8 Writers museum
D-1 University Library of Dublin
E -3 Saint Stephen's Green
F-4 Dublin Castle
G -6 Kilmainhaim Goal prison
H -7 Dublin zoo
Excercise 4: 1. F 2.T 3.F 4.F 5.F 6.T 7.T 8.F 9.F

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6525 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: 2017 FRIDAY
My test result was 88 out of 100.
Exercise 4: 1. F 2.T 3.F 4.F 5.F 6.T 7.T 8.F 9.F
Exercise 5: A -2 (the National Gallery), B-5 (Guinness So rehouse), C-8 (Writers museum). D-1 (University Library, of Dublin), E -3 (Saint Stephen's Green), F-4 (Dublin Castle), G -6 (Kilmainhaim Goal prison), H -7 (Dublin zoo).

A. When was the university in Dublin built? The University and Library were built in 1592.
B. The oldest book at Dublin University Library is over 1000 years old.
C. The National Gallery in Dublin has more than 7000 paintings and drawings like Picasso and Goya.
D. Saint Stephen's Green is the biggest square in Europe. There are no cars.
E. Dublin Castle was built in 1204, the actual one is not original but a very important castle.
F. Guinness Storehouse makes Irish bear.
G. Kilmainhaim Goal doesn't keep prisoners today. It is a dark and cold building.
H. Dublin zoo is the 3th oldest in the world and largest in Europe. There are chimpanzees and gorillas.
I. Oscar Wild and James Joyce are famous writers of Dublin.
J. What place is in the photo? Maybe it is Saint Stephen's Green?

The Place in the photo is Saint Stephen's Green
Sung's by Dougie MacLean - "Auld Lang Syne" is a Scotthish poem written by Robert Burns in 1788 and set to the tune of a traditional folk song. It is well known in many countries, especially (but far from exclusively) in the English-speaking world; its traditional use being to celebrate the start of the New Year at the stroke of midnight.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6529 nuo Jurate
Don't you know the popular Lithuanian song "Už mūsų jaunas dieneles"? Can't you see that it is the same Scottish song, only translated to Lithuanian? :P

About the false and true statements from Edinbourgh guidebook:
5. You don't need to be fit to walk to the top of Arthur's seat. I agree with Poppi that it is true. They say in the guide that there's an easy walk to the top of the mountain. So, if you aren't fit you can take it.
9. Scots sing a different song everytime at New Year celebration - it is false, they always sing the same old traditional Scottish song written by Robert Burns :cheer:

The following user(s) said Thank You: Inga

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.371 sekundžių