FRIDAY 2016

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5786 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
I'm sorry, everyone! I made a mistake in the first question of homework. :blush: The word order in my question was wrong (What's full Jennifer's name?...), it must be: What is Jennifer's full name? :) Būdvardis 'full' (pilnas) turi eiti prieš daiktavardį 'name' (vardas).
a cafe [ka] or a coffee shop [kafi šop] = kavinė; a coffee [kafi] = kava
We use 'the' with things we know (I would like to visit this cafe, because I want to look at the interior - nes aišku, kad tai tos kavinės interjeras ir jis tik vienas).

Thank you for your homework, see you on Friday :cheer:

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5802 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My homework
(Clip 1) What is Jenny's full name? Jenny's full names is Jennyfer.
Where and when did she meet with Rob in London? She met with Rob in a hotel at 9.15
Why was Rob late? Traffic was terible and Rob was late.
Why did he invite Jenny to get a coffee? Because Jenny wanted a good cup of coffee, real coffee.
Where did Jenny have to go? Jenny hasd to go to a meeting with Daniel.(turėjo eiti į ...)
(Clip 2) What kind of coffee did Rob and Jenny have? Rob had a latte and Jenny had an Espresso.
What did they have to eat? Rob haved a croissant and a brownie.
How much was it? It was 12.45.
(Clip 3) Who was the first person in London office who Rob introduced to Jenny? Rob introduced Jenny whit =to Karen, she was administrator.
What office is Jenny from? Jenny is from New York office.
Where does she live? She lives in Manhattan.
Is this her first time in Europe? No she is from in Poland. Her family lives in Poland.
Who was the second person who Jenny met in London office? She met with Daniel.
Did she have enough time for her first meeting? Yes, I think she did.
What did Rob do? Rob waited to talk to Daniel later with Jenny. - Robas laukė pasikalbėti vėliau su Danieliu.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5844 nuo Jurate
Dear Friday students! I'm sorry that I'm late with the homework. I'm going to post it tonight!

Here is the British royal family tree (you can have a larger photo here i.imgur.com/onuvlbP.jpg )

Correct answers to the royal quiz:
1.The surname of the royal family is (b) Windsor
2. Next in line to the trone is (a) Prince Charles. When his Mom Queen Elizabeth dies, he will be the king.
3. The name of the Queen's official residence in London is (b) Buckingham Palace. [bakinhem palas]
4. There are (c) six hundred fourty five people who work full time in the Royal Household.
5. (a) Lady Diana died on the thirty first of August in 1997
6. Prince Charles and his sons love to play (c) polo!
7. Prince Charles' wife's official title is (c) the Duchess of Cornwall [dačez] - kunigaikštienė, hercogienė
8. The Queen doesn't have (a) plates on her cars (b) money in her handbag (c) the right to vote, because she has to stay neutral, she can't show her support for a political party.

Polo - an outdoors sport with horses and balls :silly:

That's what to do for Friday, the 11th of November:
Do unit 4A on the CD
:
Whose? -1 exercise;
Family vocabulary - 2 exercises;
Pronounciation - 1 exercise... I think 'one' is by mistake in this exercise :dry: ;
Listening - 1 exercise.

Do exercises on pages 24 and 25 in Workbook
Don't forget to use iChecker.
Can you write the answers for exercises 4 and 5 on the forum?
Exercise 4 - The Acting Family (vaidinanti šeima): Liam Nesson is Vanessa Redgrave's ????
probably [probabli] - ko gero, tikriausiai, unfortunately [anfočju:neitli] - nelaimei, deja )

Exercise 5 (iChecker Audio Bank 4A - exercise 5 Listening: Who's that?) How many photos did Jessie show to her friend?
... It's a beach in Menorca - Tai pliažas Menorkoje...(Menorca is a Spanish island in the Mediterranean Sea)... I love it though [dou]- visgi. O visgi jis man patinka... Are there any more? Ar dar yra jų daugiau? That's the office party - vakarėlis darbe... Sort of - Panašiai...

Remember the words:

son-in-law/ daughter-in-law -žentas/marti [in lo:]
mother-in-law / father-in-law - uošvis, uošvienė
great-grandfather / great-grandmother -prosenelis/-ė [greit]
great-great-grandfather.... - proprosenelis
stepmother/stepfather - pamotė/patėvis
stepsister/stepbrother - įbrolis, įdukra
nephew [nefju] - sūnėnas
niece [ni:s] - dukterėčia...
on my mother's side - iš motinos pusės
on my father's side - iš tėvo pusės.

Write a little about your family.

Are you interested in your family's history? Do you have your family tree? Do you know who your great-grandparents were and where they lived? What did your grandparents do? Did you know them well? Do you have a lot of uncles and aunts? Are you from a big family? Do you have a lot of cousins? Do you have any brothers or sisters? Do you have nephews and nieces? Do you have any children? Do they live far away from you?

I'm not very interested in my family's history and I don't have my family tree. When I was little I loved to listen to my mother's stories about her childhood on a remote farm. She told me a lot about her parents and her grandparents. And my father's mother liked to tell me about her young days, how she met my grandfather and how they became a family. That's how I learnt a little about the past of my family.
My mother's great-grandparents were servants in a house of a landlord in the district of Radviliskis. That's where their children, my mother's parents, met and married. After their marriage, my mother's parents bought a piece of land near Radviliskis. My mother grew ([griu] augo) there with her other four brothers and three sisters. She always remembers the woods and the fields around her parents' farm, she loved this place. Later, she went to a vocational school ([vokeišnal sku:l] - profesinė mokykla) in Panvėžys to train as a painter. There she met my father who studied construction. They married and came to Pasvalys, my father's hometown. I am their only child. I never met my mother's father and I saw her mother only once.
But I know my grandparents on my father's side very well. I spent a lot of time at their home in my childhood. They come from Joniškėlis. When they married, they moved to Pasvalys where they lived all their lives. They had two sons - my father and my uncle. My uncle married a Latvian woman, he and his family live near Pasvalys, behind the junction ([džankšn] sankryža) by "Maxima". My uncle's children or my cousins have their children too. I am an aunt to two little girls - my nieces.
I'm not very close with my cousins on my mother's side. Some of my cousins live in Radviliskis, some in Siauliai, in Klaipeda and in Italy. My cousins on my father's side live here, but we rarely meet. Last time I saw them at my grandfather's funeral this summer.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5855 nuo Violeta
Violeta replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
my homework,
I don't have my family tree. My grandfather on my mother's side died in the second World War. My grandmother on my mother’s side died when she was 48. I was not born yet. My grandparents on my father’s side died when I was a little girl, I don’t remember them. My mother got acquainted with my dad on the=a dance floor. My mother has one sister. She has two children. My father has two sisters and two brothers. I have a lot of cousins. But I don’t remember them.
I have two sisters and two brothers. They are all married and they all have two children. I have five nephews ant three nieces. I have two children too. Our son lives in London and the dougther lives with us.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5858 nuo aurelija
aurelija replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My homework.
I don't have my family tree. My grandfather from his mother's side died before three years, and grandmothers still alive. My paternal grandfather died 26 years ago and grandmothers still alive. With their grandmothers contract well. My mother has three brothers and dad have two sisters and one brother. I have ten cousins and five cousin. I have a brother we are family we are together. We don't have families of their own yet.

I don't have my family tree. My grandfather from my mother's side died __three years ago, and my grandmother's still alive. My paternal grandfather died 26 years ago and my grandmother's still alive. With both my grandmothers I get on well. My mother has three brothers and my dad has two sisters and one brother. I have ten male? cousins and five female cousins. I have a brother we are family we are together. We don't have families of our own yet.
a cousin [kazn] - yra ir pusbrolis, ir pusseserė. Kai kalbant būna neaišku, galima pridėti female [fimeil] - moteriška, ir male [meil] -vyriškas :lol:
Thank you very much!

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5859 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About family,
I make my family tree, when i was a student. It was as a control extra work. My family is not big. I, my sister and my mama. My mama live in Biržai district. My sister with her husband live in the Belgium. My father dead twelve years ago. My grandparents is dead. I have 2 aunts and 1 uncle. My uncle and 2 cousins live in Vilnius. One aunt and three cousins live in Pušalotas, second aunt live in Kratiškiai in Biržai district. My own family is wife and two children, son and doughtier. I have mother in low and father in low, they live in Pasvalys district.

PS.
Probably I will not attend in the lesson on Friday.

Probably I will not attend in the lesson on Friday.
I made my family tree, when I was a student. It was as a class project. My family is not big. I, my sister and my mama. My mama lives in Biržai district. My sister with her husband live in __Belgium. My father died twelve years ago. My grandparents are dead. I have 2 aunts and 1 uncle. My uncle and 2 cousins live in Vilnius. One aunt and three cousins live in Pušalotas, second aunt live in Kratiškiai in Biržai district. My own family is my wife and two children, a son and a daughtier. I have a mother-in-law and a father-in-law, they live in Pasvalys district.

PS.
Probably I will not attend_ the lesson on Friday.
See you next time. Cheers! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5862 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About my family
I am not very interested in my family's history especially this time because I am very busy (the end of the year).
I have my family tries but I can't find them. My great-grandparents were famers as I know. My mothers's great-grandparents lived in Svedasai district. My father's great-grandparents lived in Pušalotas. My mother's parents were teachers and my father's parents were famers. My grandparents lived about 12 kilometres from Pasvalys.My parents are retired now. My mother was a teacher. My father was a builder.My father's brother and his wife, my aunt, live near Pasvalys. My aunt on my mothers side lives in Biržai. My mother's brother, my uncle, is dead.I have 2 cousins. They live in UK. My brother lives in Vilnius. Sometimes he leaves Vilnius and he goes to work to Norway. I have one niece. She is only 1 month years old. So, my family is not very big.

I have my family trees but I can't find them. My great-grandparents were farmers as far as I know. My mother's great-grandparents lived in Svedasai district. My father's great-grandparents lived in Pušalotas. My mother's parents were teachers and my father's parents were farmers. My grandparents lived about 12 kilometres from Pasvalys.My parents are retired now. My mother was a teacher. My father was a builder.My father's brother and his wife, my aunt, live near Pasvalys. My aunt on my mother's side lives in Biržai. My mother's brother, my uncle, is dead.I have 2 cousins. They live in UK. My brother lives in Vilnius. Sometimes he leaves Vilnius and he goes to work to Norway. I have one niece. She is only 1 month years old. So, my family is not very big.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5863 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My homework.
I don't interested in my family's history a lot. I sew my family tree on my mother's side. It is very big and I don't know a lot of people who are my family. :cheer: This family tree was made from my mother's grandfather. My grandfather on my mother's side had twelve brothers and sisters. This grandfather had seven children. And I have three uncles and three aunts. On this side I have 15 cousins. I know them but I don't know their children. My father has only one sister and I have four cousins. I had one brother but he died very young. :( My grandparents are died. My parents are retired and live not far. I have husband and two children. It's a pitty but their don't have cousins.

I'm not interested in my family's history a lot. I drew my family tree on my mother's side. It is very big and I don't know a lot of people who are my family. :cheer: This family tree starts from my mother's grandfather. My grandfather on my mother's side had twelve brothers and sisters. This grandfather had seven children. And I have three uncles and three aunts. On this side I have 15 cousins. I know them but I don't know their children. My father has only one sister and I have four cousins. I had one brother but he died very young. :( My grandparents are dead. My parents are retired and live not far away. I have a husband and two children. It's a pitty buth they don't have cousins.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5865 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About my family,

I'm interested in it.I have my family tree. When I was studying I'did a work about my family tree.
My mother's parents died when they were young. My mother grew up in the children's house=orphanage. Her life wasn't easy.She grew with her two sisters and two brothers.My mother died two months ago. It's sad to lose a mother.
My father lives in Pasvalys. He is retired.He likes travelling, he is a very pleasant man. He had two brothers, but my uncles died when they were young.I don't know my grand parents on my father's side. I saw my grand father only few times.My grandparents from father's side come from Pasvalys.
I have four cousins.
I have two sisters and one brother.My oldest sister has tree sons.And I 'm an aunt of three nephews.
My brother has two daughters and I 'm an aunt to two girls.
I 'm married.We have two children, a daughter and a son. My children are teenagers.

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5870 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About my family.
I don't have my family tree, but my family is very big. My grandparents on my mother's side had 9 children. This is my mom and two uncles and six aunts. For=On my father's side I have two aunts and two uncles. I have twenty five cousins. My mother was the youngest in the family. My mom is retired now. My father died twelve years ago. I have two brothers. They is=are married, one's brother haves one son, other brother haves three children - a son and two dothers=daughters. I'm married and have two sons. My eldest son is married and has a daughter.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5871 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About family,
I made my family tree five years ago. My grandparents on my mother's side and on my father's side are dead. My father had 4 sisters and 2 brothers. One sister is alive, others are dead. My mother had one brother, he is dead. My parents live in Pasvalys. They are retired.
I have one sister. She is married and lives in Vilnius. SHe has one son. I am married and I have two children: one daughter and one son. My daughter lives in Vilnius. My son lives with us. I have fifteen cousins on my father's side and seven cousins on my mother's side. My husband has two sisters and three brothers.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5873 nuo Jurate
Thank you everyone! You're very good students! :kiss:

I wouldn't be surprised if we all were related. Lithuania is a small country... :lol:
related [releitid] - susiję giminystės ryšiais.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5886 nuo Jurate
What a life! We have lesson 4B :)

I made two mistakes in the class last Friday:
1. Apie aštuntą valandą - At about 8 o'clock - reikia vartoti at
2. to start (pradėti) vartojamas su veiksmažodžio bendratimi arba -ing galūnėje (I started to run - aš pradėjau bėgti. I started reading - pradėjau skaityti)...

What to do for the 18th of November?
1. Do section 4B on your CD:
a chef [šef] - restorano virtuvės vyriausias virėjas; a jar [dža:] - stiklainis; to be on - groti, būti paleistam (apie aparatūras)
Grammar - listen, repeat and do 1 exercise
Vocabulary - click on the sentences, repeat, do 2 exercises. When you write, put the full stop! Kai rašote, padėkite tašką! :cheer:
Pronunciation - linking and stress = žodžių jungimas ir kirčiavimas. You have a dictation. Jūs turite diktantą.
Nico's day - 1 exercise: How many hours does Nico sleep? :silly:
Amelia's day - 1 exercise: Does Amelia relax in the evening after school? :blink:

2. Do the exercises on pages 25-26(4B What A Life!) :
Don't forget to use iChecker!

immediately [imi:djatli] - tuoj pat, tučtuojau; Coke [kouk] - koka kola.

Can you write on the Forum:
1.What time does Mark has his coke and his hamburger: 2AM or 2PM ? ;)
2 Is my numbering of Mark's activities correct or wrong? 1,5,9,4,2,11,7,8,6,12,3,10 :silly:

3. What A Life! Write about your favourite day of the week!
Go to page 112 in your Student Book -->Writing. Do the exercise about Jack, read the article about the Spanish student Cristina
Then write about your favourite day on the Forum. Which one is your favourite?

The following user(s) said Thank You: aurelija

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5917 nuo Simona
I like every day, because every day something interesting happens.
I wake up at 6.30 a.m. I get up, I go to the bathroom. Then I get dressed. The same time I prepare my breakfast. After breakfast I have a cup of coffee. At about 7.30 a.m. I go to work. My working hours begin at 7.50 a.m. I have lunch time at about 12 a.m. On Mondays and on Thursdays I get home at 4.15 p.m. On Tuesdays and on Wednesdays I get home at 5.30 p.m. After working hours I go to the supermarket sometimes. At about 6 p.m. I prepare my dinner. After dinner I prepare something I need for the next day, I read, I talk with my friends by mobile phone. If I have more free time I do dance exercises in the living room. These months I really don't have time for them. At about 9 p.m. I go to the bathroom. I spend about 1 hour here. At about 10 p.m. I go to bed and I read a little. At 10.30 p.m. I turn off the light and I think I'm happy it was a good day. Good night! :silly:

... At the same time I make my breakfast. ... At about 6 p.m. I make my dinner. After dinner I prepare something I need for the next day, I read, I talk with my friends on mobile phone...
Please, note that 'prepare a meal' isn't a mistake, but In everyday English, people usually say that someone makes a meal.
To speak/talk by phone - it isn't a mistake too, but people usually say "on the phone" , because 'by phone' means 'naudodamasi telefonu'

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5921 nuo Jurate
Thank you! :kiss:
I forgot to post this exercise. It is from page 131 in Student Book:

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5927 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My favorite day of the week is Friday. I get up like every morning at 6.25. My morning is very fast because my family get up together too. Only children has the breakfast and sometimes I have too. My first cup of coffee I have at work with my colleagues. I have luch time from 11.30 to 12.15. I like Friday because work day is shorter. Usually I finish unfinished works, have a methodical day. And mostly I like Friday's evening. :cheer: It's fantastic sence to know that two free days wait me. :cheer: I like to invite my friends, to plan small our weekend's trips or do nothing. I can go to bed later and stay in bed longer on second morning.

My favorite day of the week is Friday. I get up like every morning at 6.25. My morning is very busy because my family get up together too. Only children have the breakfast and sometimes I have too. I have my first cup of coffee at work with my colleagues. I have luch break from 11.30 to 12.15. I like Friday because the workday is shorter. Usually I finish unfinished works, have a methodical day. And I like Friday_ evening the most. :cheer: It's a fantastic feeling to know that two free days are waiting for me. :cheer: I like to invite my friends, to plan small our weekend_ trips or do nothing. I can go to bed later and stay in bed longer next morning.
su negyvais dalykais vengti vartoti nuosavybinį 's
to wait (for) - laukti (ko?)... "two free days are waiting for me"....or: "two free days ahead of me" - dvi laisvos dienos man priešaky...

Nico's day - 1 exercise: How many hours does Nico sleep? :silly:
Nico sleeps about seven hours but I have onother question. Where is Nico's wife? :silly: (another. )
Amelia's day - 1 exercise: Does Amelia relax in the evening after school? :blink:
It's impossible because she has to study and prepare for her exams.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5930 nuo aurelija
aurelija replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My favorite day of the week Sunday. Sunday like it because I can lie in bed lounger to 10.00 a.m. Sunday can take the time to make breakfast, drink coffee, handle and roll shop. My lunch is usually at home. Usually lunch cook stew or stuffed peppers with vegetables. I the evening, usually quiet lectures books. I go to make a dinner salad. After having dinner TV appearances, seemingly a good movie. I'm going to sleep. Good night. :)

My favorite day of the week is Sunday. I like it because I can lie in bed longer until 10.00 a.m. On Sunday I can take the time to make breakfast, drink coffee, handle and lock? (užrakinti?) the shop. My lunch is usually at home. Usually for lunch I cook stew or stuffed peppers with vegetables. In the evening, I usually have a quiet time to readbooks. I go to make salad for dinner. After having dinner I turn on TV and find a good movie to watch.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5936 nuo Simona
Thank you for your comments.
:)

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.406 sekundžių