• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5938 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
Simona, my pleasure :)

Inga wrote parašė: Nico sleeps about seven hours but I have another question. Where is Nico's wife? :silly:

Nico's wife is his job. Nico is married not to a woman but to his job! Am I right? :P

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5944 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
About my favorite day.
I listen to the radio at lunch. Radio announcer, asking a listeners „Which day is favorite for you“. One listener answered „This day. Because i wait this day X years, X days. This day is only one. And i wait second my favorite day, which will be tomorrow. Because i wait her X years and X+1 days. And tomorrow day will be only one. And so on, infinitely“. My opinion is same. Every day is something interesting.
I wake up (time is irrelevant), and day starting. First of all my family business, second thing work, later pleasure. Sometimes all things at once and it is fun. In the evening (time is irrelevant) I'm going to sleep, thinking about a new day.

I listen to the radio at lunch. Radio announcer, asking _listeners „Which day is favorite for you“. One listener answered „This day. Because I waited for this day X years, X days. This day is the only one. And i wait for my second _ favorite day, which will be tomorrow. Because I wait for it X years and X+1 days. And tomorrow day will be only one. And so on, infinitely“. My opinion is same. Every day is something interesting. I wake up (time is irrelevant), and day starts. First of all is my family business, second thing is work, pleasure is later. Sometimes all things at once and it is fun. In the evening (time is irrelevant) I'm going to sleep, thinking about a new day.
laukti (ko nors) - to wait for

The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5954 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My Sunday,

My favorite day of the week is Sunday.On Sunday I usually get up about nine o' clock.. I do yoga about an hour.I like to do sport very much,when there is no need to hurry, I enjoy to do sport.My children get up about eleven o'clock.For breakfeast I have porridge and a muffin.Usually I drink a large white coffe..My son eats cereal with milk every morning, my daughter eats a cheasse sandwich and green tea.
I have my lunche at home. I love cooking, so I make lunch with my daughter. We cook soup and often chickens with vegetables.In At this moment my daughter doesn't eat meat, she is vegetarian.. We eat together with my husband and children.
After lunch we play games. Sometimes I like to watch good movies.I like to relax in my bed.
In the evening I make cake or buns.I go to bed early.

More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5960 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My favourite day is every day.
I wake up at 7 a.m. I get up, I go to the bathroom, I get dressed. I prepare my breakfast: I have porridge and green tea. After breakfast I go to work: I drive the car. My working hours begin at 8.30 a.m. I have lunch time at 13 ap.m. After working hours about 16 4 p.m. I go to the supermarket. At about 6 p.m. I prepare =make my dinner. After dinner sometimes I like to watch a good movie. I like to read my e-mails and messages. I send for my frends the interesting information--->to my friends. At 10 p.m. I go to the bathroom and at 10.30 I go to bed.

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5963 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My favorite day .
My favorite day of the week is Saturday. This is the first day of the day of. I can to sleep long long, about until 11-12 A.M When I wake up in my bed I drink a large cup of coffee with milk and check online, I read newspaper online, check email. When I get up I have ashower and have small breakfast with my husband. About 2-3PM we go to visite my mom. She lives in the village. Sometimes ariving to the village my sons with family. We have a berbecue ouside. In the evening we come back home. At home we watching a movie and resting.

My favorite day of the week is Saturday. This is the first day off in the week. I can _ sleep long long, about until 11-12 A.M When I wake up in my bed I drink a large cup of coffee with milk and go online, I read newspaper online, check email. When I get up I have a shower and have quick breakfast with my husband. At about 2-3PM we go to visit_ my mom. She lives in the village. Sometimes _ my sons with families arrive in the village. We have a berbecue ouside. In the evening we come back home. At home we watch_ a movie and rest_.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 6 mėn. #5964 nuo Jurate
I agree with you, Alma and with you, Marius: we should (turėtume) enjoy every day and every experience in our lives and then we would be happy! But honnestly, I really wait for Friday evenings. Sometimes I start waiting for Fridays on Mondays! This is the favourite time of my week because it is the most relaxed. The thought about two days off work ahead makes me really happy. My Fridays always start at about half past eight with a phone call from my friend who waits for me outside in her car with two jars of milk from her farm. I never buy milk or sour milk or curd in shops, I always use milk from my friend's farm. After I come back from the yard with milk, I have a large coffee with a banana and I'm off to work. At work my colleagues are more cheerful then usual because everyone is excited about the weekend! If the weather is nice, on my lunch break I usually take a short walk by Svalia and then I go home to have my lunch meal. On Friday afternoons I usually meet with you for English practice. That's a very nice ending to my working week. After work sometimes I go to Pasvalys swimming pool. I love swimming and taking a sauna there, especially in winter. When I go out after sauna the air feels so fresh and my body is relaxed. Streets usually are empty at this time, because it is after nine pm. This is my favourite time to go shopping because there are no queues. Back at home I lay down in my bed, turn on my laptop and go online. Sometimes I make my dinner after midnight and I go to sleep at 3 am. It's so nice to know that in the morning I don't have to get up early to work.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6000 nuo Jurate
Here's your homework for the 2nd of December.
Please, do your homework: use your CD, your iChecker and your Workbook.
Do unit 4C on the CD!
Adverbs of frequency - laiko prieveiksmiai. Prisiminkite, kad prieš veiksmažodį arba po "to be" eina apibendrinantys, neapibrėžtiniai laiko prieveiksmiai (forever - [foreve] amžinai, always, never, sometimes, usually, hardly ever, seldom=rarely, often). Sakinio pradžioje arba gale eina tiksliau laiką nurodantys prieveksmiai ar frazės (every day, daily, at 4 o'clock, in the evening, at the weekend, once a day, in the winter, at Christmas...)
Grammar - 1 exercise (drag the words - tempkite žodžius...), Vocabulary - 1 exercise (type the words - parašykite žodžius: M,T,W,Th, Fr, Sat, S = every day...), Pronunciation - 1 exercise (dictation - diktantas), Reading - 1 exercise. Listen to the audio! (a high number - didelis (aukštas) skaičius; to have in common - turėti bendro; a shepherd - piemuo)
Do exercises on pages 28 and 29 in Workbook. Use iChecker for exercise 5.

Write on the Forum:
A. Write sentences 11,12,13,14 and 15 about you from exercise 1 on page 28 in Student Book
B. Write the questions with "How often...?" and with "How many...? from the exercise 5 "Who's healthy?" page 29 in Student Book (4 questions in total!)
C. Choose three things from the text "The secrets of a long life" which (in your opinion - jūsų nuomone) help the most to live a long life.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6054 nuo Simona
Simona replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
A. 11.I sometimes sleep for eight hours.
12. I'm often relaxed.
13. I sometimes do sport or exercise.
14. I sometimes eat healthy food.
15. I'm always ill.
B. How often do you eat fast food?
How often do you have breakfast?
How often do you do exercise?
How many hours do you usually sleep?
C. 1. To relax every day.
2. To have a healthy diet.
3. To be positive, active and happy.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6055 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
My homework.
I sometimes sleep for eight hours.
I often am relaxed. - after 'to be'...
I sometimes do exercise.
I usually eat healthy food.
I sometimes am ill. - after 'to be'...
I think that good food, being relaxed and doing sport or working outside is the secret of a long life. Good and positive minds are very important. I think it is true that we must live the same way (taip, tokiu būdu=in such a way) so we would like to be with us.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6062 nuo Marius
Marius replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
11. I rarely sleep for eight hours.
12. I usually be relaxed.=am usually
13. I sometimes do sport and exercises.
14. I sometimes eat healthy food.
15. I hardly ever be ill.=am hardly ever

My opinion about long life.
Mostly peoples starting thinking about long life in middle age. (already to start to think about long life is very well.) Childhood and youth diseases and injuries, start showing results in a middle age. From childhood until old age, you must keep =take care of your health. You must always to be balanced, between healthy and unhealthy. It is difficult, when you are young. Always being happy and relaxed is always good, but a little stress, a little madness does not harm, this is the spice of life.

...mostly, people...- dažniausiai žmonės.. / most people - dauguma žmonių...
in middle age - amžiaus vidury - be artikelio
you must keep healthy - privalai išlikti sveikas, you must take care of your health - privalai rūpintis savo sveikata...
Always šįkart netinka pradžioje, nes sunku suprasti. Reikia dėti po būti toje vietoje, kur norite pabrėžti:
Being always happy and relaxed is good - Būti visada laimingu ir atsipalaidavusiu yra gerai...
Being happy and relaxed is always good - Būti laimingu ir atsipalaidavusiu visada yra gerai...

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6063 nuo Jurate
A.
11.I hardly ever sleep eight hours a day. I nearly always sleep five to six hours a day and only at the weekend I have a nice eight-hour sleep. I must change my sleep habits.
12. I am not usually relaxed. I am always in a hurry, stressed and irritated. I have to learn to relax.
13. I exercise three to four times a week. I go to the gym twice a week and I do exercises at home.
14. I usually eat healthy. I always have homemade meals, I don't eat fast food, I have a lot vegetables which I grow myself. The only bad thing is that I hardly ever eat in the morning and I nearly always have big dinners late in the night.
15. I am sometimes ill. Usually it is a cold or flu or my bad teeth. I have to take care of my teeth. :side:
C.
My thoughts on a long life
I don't want to live a long life, I just want to have a healthy life. I think stress, tiredness and anger are the main reasons of an unhealthy life. I believe that all illnesses come from fast and artificial ways we take to relax. We smoke and drink, we take drugs, we fight, we want luxury. A long and healthy life is possible staying in peace with the world around and finding hapiness in basic things like love, family, work.... That's why I think that these three things from the text help the most to have a long life : 1.to live in nature and work hard 2. to have a big family, 3. to have fun with the family and with hard work in nature!

P.S.:
Simona did very well with the 4 questions from task B. I think she helped everyone here! :cheer: If you want to check your answer, look at her comment. :)

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6083 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
11.I sometimes sleep for eight hours.
12. I'm often relaxed.
13. I often do sport or exercise.
14. I seldom eat healthy food.
15. I am hardly ever ill.
I agree with Inga that good food, being relaxed and doing sport or favorite work is the secret of a long life. Calm and positive mind is very important for a long and healthy life.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6085 nuo Jurate
A long life - šiuo atveju su 'a'.
1.life - gyvenimas - abstraktus ir neskaičiuotinas dalykas, tokiu atveju artikelio 'a' neturi. Pvz.1: Earth is the only place in the universe where life can be found.' Pvz. 2: That's life! - toks gyvenimas! Pvz. 3: Daily life was hard in ancient Greece.
2. a life - vieno žmogaus gyvenimas, gyvenimo būdas, gyvybė: Pvz. 1: Two lives were lost in a car accident. Pvz. 2 Cats have nine lives. Pvz 3 She lives a good life - Ji gyvena gerą gyvenimą

Here is good advice how to have a long life : www.wikihow.com/Live-a-Long-Life :cheer:

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6104 nuo Jurate
We have unit 4 revision!

What to do for the 9th of December?
Do the exercises on page 34 in Student's Book

Put the CD into (į vidų) your computer and do Unit 4 : Revise And Check:
*Read and listen about the typical British man (+1 exercise)
statistics - statistika (dgs.) approximately = about - apytiksliai, maždaug; including - įskaitant; to wait on hold on the phone - laukti prie telefono, kol pakvies reikiamą asmenį; Hold on! - Palaukite!; per year = a year - per metus
**Watch the video about a typical day at work for a British policeman (+1 exercise)
a bobby = a police officer; it is an informal and old-fashionned name (pasenęs pavadinimas šnekamojoje kalboje), nowadays people usually say 'a cop'. a police force - policijos padalinys; separate - atskiras; the Metropolitan police - Londono policija; to call after - vadinti pagal (vardas kilo nuo...) to carry - nešti(s), nešioti(s); a gun - ginklas, a gas spray - dujų balionėlis; a baton = a stick - lazda; a pair of handcuffs - pora antrankių; an emergency - skubus iškvietimas; go on patrol - eiti patruliuoti; to patrol on foot or in a car - patruliuoti pėsčiomis ar mašina ; to keep safe - palaikyti saugumą, saugoti
***Watch the clips with people in the street (+1 exercise)
*****do the Dictation

Write on the Forum!
Here are 4 tasks for you. All of them are from the CD.
You may write just one task on the Forum, but please, do them all in your notebooks :)
Task number 1:
Write about you similar facts as in the text "Is this the typical British man?" Learn to tell
Task number 2:
When you watch the film about the policeman, find out (suraskite) and write what these numbers mean:
7500 / 52 / 31000 / 150 / 170000 / 8PM - 4 AM
Task number 3:
a.Write the questions from the clips with people in the street (vox pops).
b.Write the correct answers for the exercise (page 35, Student's Book) :

Task number 4:
After you do the dictation exercise, please write what job the speaker's brother-in-law has.

Task 1: Some facts about me
I' m nearly 40 years old. I live in a flat with my mum, single and without children. I work over 40 hours a week and I spend about an hour to and from work a day. I live close to my job, I usually walk or cycle there. I don't have a car and I'm a very bad driver without experience.
I'm not overweight. I don't know my weight exactly, but I guess I weigh a little bit over 60 kilos. On the weekdays, I usually sleep for 6 hours a day and I exercise up to an hour a day.
I think I'm a good cook because I like what I cook (but my mum doesn't). I can make a lot of Lithuanian dishes like salads, soups, everything with potatoes and including extremely hot horseradish sauce (this is the only thing I make that my mum likes!), but I'm bad at bakes (konditeriniai kepiniai) . I usually drink three cups of coffee, three mugs of tea and three glasses of water a day. I eat about one bar of dark chocolate a week.
I have one close friend and approximately 60 contacts on my phone. I use my phone very little and I have no TV, because I don't need it. I have my laptop with the Internet on it and I spend about 6 hours online a day (it makes 42 hours a week :blink: ). I also have a collection of books with tales and myths and the Bible.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6105 nuo Simona
:woohoo:
Thank you.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. nuo Simona.

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6106 nuo Simona
I live in a flat and I'm single.I have no children. I work 40 hours a week. I travel between 10 minutes and a half an hour to and from work every day. I drive Opel astra car and I think I am good driver.
I'm not overweight (I weight about 60 kg.) and at this time I don't do exercise at all. I usually sleep about 8 hours a night. I'm not a great cook but I know how to make a few dishes. I drink 3 cups of tea and 3 cups of coffee a day. I have a few close friends and more than 80 contacts on my mobile phone. I have 2 TVs, a lot of books, a lot of CDs. I spend about 10 hours online every week.What a good life! :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6112 nuo Jurate
I also did a mistake with the word 'to weigh'. 'svoris' is 'weight' [ueit] and 'sverti' is 'weigh' [uei].
This time - šį kartą; at this time - šiuo metu.
Did you add the hours at work to the time you spend online? I totally forgot about work, I counted my hours online in free time only! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 5 mėn. #6135 nuo Inga
Inga replied the topic: FRIDAY 2016
I am 40 years old. I am married and I have two children. I live in a flat. I work 40 hours a week. I go 5 or =to 10 minutes with =in a car to and from work every day. I have a license but I am bad driver. I know I have=am overweight and I sometimes do sometimes exercises. This time is my lucky period of the year. I do exercises every evening. I usually sleep for 7 hours a night. I make food but I don't like cooking very much. I like when my husband is cooking. I drink 2 cups of coffee and one cup of tea a day. I have some good friends and a lot of contacts on my phone. I like reall meetings(=I prefer meeting in person) and I don't like to talk on the phone. I work with computer about 4 hours and I search on internet=spend online about 1 or 2 hours at home.

There are 170 000 policers =police officers in the United Kingdom.
They work for 52 separate police forces.
There are over 31 000 police officers in London.
Most British police forces are more than 150 years old.
Mark‘s police force has 7500 police oficers.
On a night shift Mark starts work in the evening at eight a=o clock and works until 4 a clock in the morning.

What do you do? How many hours do you work a week? Do you have a big family? How old are your brother and sister? What time do you get up in the morning? What about the weekends? How often do you do sport or exersices? What do you do? Do you like animals? Do you have a pet?

1. Nick works between 20 and 30 hours a week.
2.Anya‘s sister is 16 years old.
3. Alison usually gets up at about 10 a clock at the weekend.
4. Wells hardly ever does sport.
5.Stacey has a cat.

He is a radio presenter.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.398 sekundžių