MONDAY Winter Homework

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4367 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
My dream job.

I also would like to travel all over the world.To see new countries, to meet new people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4369 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
My homework about my job
I have a job in Pasvalys in the State Tax Inspectorate. I have an office in there. I sit together with my two colleagues. I have my desk and a computer. A computer I use the computer a lot of at work. I prepare documents to the for banks, to the for bailiouts, written answers to people, I write emails, I speak on the phone, but I don't meet a lot of people at work. I have two or three coffee or tea breaks- it depends. I don't work in the evenings. My job isn't easy, because I must know acts, documents. I don't speak in English at work, but sometimes I learread? notices in=on my computer desktop. I'm divorced. In my free time I like to do yoga, I like to knit, in winter to go to skiing in winter, to go to my allotment in winter.
I like your account very much! It is very good :cheer: And now about the mistakes :

State Tax Inspectorate - all words in English names start with capital letters - visi žodžiai angliškuose pavadinimuose prasideda iš didžiųjų raidžių (Lithuanian Culture Ministry (Lietuvos kultūros ministerija) International Vilnius Book Fair - Tarptautinė Vilniaus knygų mugė)
I have a job, I have an office, I work on a computer ....- don't forget articles with singular objects. Nepamirškite artikelių su vienaskaitos daiktavardžiais.
Žodžių tvarka angliškuose sakiniuose: (kada?) veiksnys+tarinys+papildinys+kur?+(kada?): I use a computer at work... I like to go to the allotment in winter....
I prepare documents for banks, for bailouts... - 'the' artikelio nereikia, nes apskritai (neapibrėžtai) visiems bankams, bet kokiai finansinei paramai; 'for' reiškia kam skirta,kokiu tikslu, o 'to' - išreiškia kryptį - perduoti kam ar į kur, važiuoti į kur... (I speak to you - kalbu su tavim, kreipiuosi į tave; I speak for you - kalbu tavo vardu, už tave; Kartais galima vartoti sinonimiškai, bet yra nedidelis niuanso skirtumas: a letter to your father - laiškas tavo tėvui (neakcentuojama); a letter for your father - laiškas skirtas tavo tėvui (akcentuojama)...
I read? notices on the computer desktop - aš skaitau? pranešimus(pastabas) kompiuterio darbalaukyje - on vartojamas su visais telefonais, TV, radijais, kompiuteriais, ekranais ...
in English - angliškai; vienintelė išimtis su žodžiu "to speak" : kalbėti angliškai - to speak English, tačiau "to write, to read, to talk, to say in English

-

24 page WB complete the dialogue
c) Hello.I'm Brad
Hi. I'm Molly
What do you do, Molly?
I'm a doctor
Do you have brothers and sisters, Molly?
Yes, I have a brother
What does he do?
He's a student
Does he live at home?
No, he doesn't. He live in a student flat.
Where do your mother and father live, Molly?
They have a house near here. I live there too.
Do you like it?
No, I don't like. I want a flat for me.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4371 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
Thank you, Little Angel, for your account about your job. I like it very much because it is well done :)
Your exercise is well done too.

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4382 nuo Jurate
Hello again, classmates! Here is your homework for the 15th of February. Please do it!
We have an extra meeting on Wednesday, on the 10th of February. See you at 4 PM! :cheer:

1. Learn new words! It is very important!
What time is it? [uat taim iz it] - kiek valandų? to tell [tel] - pasakyti; Can you tell the time? [ken ju: tel the taim] - ar galite pasakyti, kiek valandų? o'clock [oklok] - valandų; an hour / hours [en aue/ auez] - valanda / valandos; a minute [minit] - minutė; past [pa:st] - po; to [tiu] - be; half [ha:f] - pusė; quarter [kuote] - ketvirtis, 15 min.; AM [ei em] - iki vidudienio; PM [pi: em] - po pietų; today [tiudei] - šiandien; tomorrow [tiumorou] - rytoj, a day of the week [ e dei of de ui:k] - savaitės diena; Monday [mandei] - pirmadienis; Tuesday [tjuzdei] - antradienis; Wednesday [uenzdei] - trečiadienis; Thursday [thiorzdei] - ketvirtadienis, Friday [fraidei] - penktadienis; Saturday [sa:tedei] - šeštadienis; Sunday [sandei] - sekmadienis; at ten in the morning [e:t ten in the mo:ning] - dešim ryto; on Monday [on mandei] - pirmadienį; a weekday [ui:kdei] - darbo diena; a weekend [ui:kend] - savaitgalis; What day is it? [uat dei iz it] - Kokia savaitės diena?
How to tell the time in English:
Kaip pasakyti laiką angliškai:
Minutes + To/Past + Hours + in the morning (AM) / in the afternoon or in the evening (PM)
minutės + iki / po + valandos + ryto / popietės arba vakaro
It's twenty to ten in the evening - Dabar be dvidešimt dešimt vakaro
It's half past six in the morning- Dabar pusė septynių ryto
It's quarter to five PM- Dabar be penkiolikos penkios po pietų
It's twelve AM=It's midnight - Dabar dvylika nakties=Dabar vidurnaktis (prasideda nauja diena - AM)
It's twelve PM=It's midday - Dabar dvylika dienos=Dabar vidudienis (diena persirito į antrą pusę - PM)
Listen to the tracks 3.27 and 3.33 in NEF Class CDs - CD2 and repeat!

3. Do the exercises on pages 26 and 27 in your Workbooks. You can write it here, on the Forum! :)
Listen to audio track 12 in NEF Workbook CD and repeat! It is very important!

4. Open your Interactive CD.
Do Practical English File 3 in Words and Phrases
Do The Time And Ordinal Numbers in Vocabulary Bank. Do first 10 lines only - Padarykite tik dešimt pirmų eilučių.

5.Listen to the track 3.35 in NEF Class CDs and repeat. Answer the questions. Write your answers on the Forum!

Good luck! See you on Wednesday or on Monday!

My answers:
What day is it today? It's Tuesday today. It is half past four in the afternoon. I'm at work, I'm at my desk, I'm on my computer :cheer:
What day is it tomorrow? It is Wednesday tomorrow. We have an extra meeting with you. We meet at 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Are you in? Please, write a comment here: edukacija.psvb.lt/forum/11-for-meetings-...day-classes?start=36
What days do you have English classes? I have English classes on Monday, on Wednesday and on Friday. They start at 4 PM. I meet other English learners and we learn English together. :)
What' s your favourite day of the week? My favourite day of the week is Saturday. Saturday is the first day of the weekend, I don't go to work, I have a long evening, because I don't have to go to work on Sunday.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4412 nuo Little Angel
My homework on the 15th of February page 26 and 27 inWB

What time is it?
It's twenty-five to six.
Excuse me. What time is it?
Sorry. I don' know.
Excuse me. What time is it?
It's a half past three. (half vartojama be artikelio;I'm sorry for my mistake! :blush: :) It's half past three - Dabar yra pusė keturių. Give me half a chocolate - duok man pusė šokolado (plytos), Cut the apple in half! Perpjauk obuolį per pusę. He always drinks half a bottle - Jis visada išgeria pusė butelio. )
What time is it?
Sorry. I don't have a watch.

What day is it today?
It's Sunday today. It's quarter past two p.m. I do English homework.
What day is tomorrow?
It's Monday tomorrow. I'm in English classroom at 4 p.m. and I learn English language.
What's your favourite day of the week?
My favourites days of the week are Wednesday and Saturday. Wednesday after work I go to do yoga, I like it. Saturday is a free times day of the weekends and I have =can do, what I like. (I can do... - Aš galiu daryti... / I have to do... - Aš turiu daryti...)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4414 nuo Jurate
What day is it today? It is Valentine's day! Everyone, have a lot of love all this year :)

Do you understand this love note? :silly:
Ar suprantate šį meilės raštelį?

The following user(s) said Thank You: vaidyla

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4418 nuo vaidyla
vaidyla replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
My homevork,
What day is it today?
It's sunday today.My family is at home.We are watching TV. (we are watching - mes žiūrime. Tai naujas esamasis laikas, kurį dar mokysimės)
What day is it tomorrow?
It is Monday tomorrow.See you tomorrow. (Nice! :) See you! )
What days do you have English classes?
I have English classes on Monday and Wednesday at 4 PM.
All week days is =are good for mye ,because I have a holidays.(All [o:l] - visas, visos ; all days are - nes daugiskaita; I have holidays - artikelio nereikia, nes daugiskaita)

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4419 nuo vaidyla
3.1.a
2.It's twenty to four.
3.It's ten past eleven.
4.It's twenty-five past eight.
5.It's guater to five.
6.It's seven o'clock.
7.It's five to two.
8.It's guater past ten.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4420 nuo vaidyla
3.1.b
What time is it?
It's twenty-five to six.
Excuse me.What time is it?
Sorry.I don't know.
Excuse me.What time is it?
It's half past three.
What time is it?
Sorry.I don't have a watch.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4421 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
1. What day is it today? - Today it`s Sunday. It`s twenty five to six PM. I`m watching TV, and I`m on =at my computer at the table. (I'm watching - naujas esamasis laikas šiuo momentu vykstančiam veiksmui nusakyti; on my computer - mano kompiuteryje/ at my computer - prie mano kompiuterio)
2. What day is it tomorrow? - It`s Monday. Tomorrow I go at =to work in the morning. (at work - darbe; to work - į darbą)
3. What day(s) do you have English classes? - I have English classes on Monday and Wednesday.
4. What`s your favourite day of the week? - My favourite day of the week is Friday. Because tomorrow and the next day we have the weekend. I don`t have to go to work.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4423 nuo Jurate
What day is it tomorrow? It's Monday tomorrow. Everyone has to go to work. I don't like Monday mornings, but I like Monday afternoons because of English classes :)

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4426 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
My homework

What day is it today?
It's Monday today. It's midday. I'm doing my homework.
What day is it Tomorrow?
It's Tuesday Tomorrow.It's a festive day, because this is The Independence Day.
What days do you have English classes?
I have English classes on Monday and on Wednesday.
My favourite day of the week is Friday, because it starts a weekends.

The Independance Day - pavadinimuose anglų kalboje visus žodžius rašysime iš didžiųjų raidžių .
Your homework is well done. Thank you! :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4431 nuo Jurate
We have revision! :)
Don't forget to write what days you come to the classroom:
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...lasses?start=54#4430

revision [rivižn] - kartojimas (be 'a' artikelio, nes neskaičiuotinas); to forget [fo/r/get] - pamiršti; to start work - pradėti darbą; to finish work - baigti darbą; of course [of ko:z] - žinoma; to say out loud [sei aut laud] - garsiai ištarti; silently [sailentli] - tyliai; to bring [bring] - atnešti

Open your interactive CD, go to Practical English and watch videos on File 3! Do you like this exercise? I do! :cheer:

Please, write on the Forum. Please, say it out loud at home! It is very important!
1. What do you do? 2. Do you like it? 3. What time do you start and finish your work?

Please, answer these questions. Write on the Forum. Don't write "Yes, I can" ! Write: "I work in a ....., I'm a ......, I have ..... for breakfast.....

Don't forget the exercises on page 32 in your Student Book! Do it on your photocopy, bring the photocopy to the library on Monday.

EXTRA work. Do it if you want.You don't have to do it! :)
(Papildomas darbas. Darykite jį, jei norite. Jūs neprivalote to daryti)
Go here- eikite čia: elt.oup.com/student/englishforlife/beg/b...cc=gb&selLanguage=en
Atsidariusiame puslapyje rasite istorijas - stories [storiz]: Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3... (1,2,3 dalys).
Tai trumpos istorijos iš paprastų žodžių. Kiekviena istorija turi lapą su tarpais - praleistais žodžiais (Story with gaps) , audio įrašą su visais žodžiais (Audio) ir lapą su visais žodžiais (Complete story) Jūsų užduotis: atsiversti lapą su praleistais žodžiais, skaityti ir bandyti atspėti trūkstamus žodžius (užrašykite juos ant popieriaus), o tada pasitikrinti save - iš pradžių pasiklausyti audio įrašo, ir galiausiai perskaityti pilną istoriją. Sėkmės! Good luck! :cheer:
Čia užduotis: elt.oup.com/student/englishforlife/beg/b...cc=gb&selLanguage=en
Čia tik paveiksliukas:

Words from stories:
Episode 2: a van [vea:n] - autobusiukas, to fix [fiks] - pataisyti; a hand [hea:nd] ranka; embarrassing [embie:resing] - nemalonu
Episode 3: to be open - būti atidarytam, dirbti; to be closed [klouzd] - būti uždarytam, nebedirbti; to be off - išeiti; come on! [kamon] - nagi!

Don't forget to write what days you come to the classroom:
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...lasses?start=54#4430

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4432 nuo Jurate
My answers :
What do I do? I'm a librarian assistant. Do I like it? Yes, I do, it's OK. When do I start and finish my work? I start work at 9 in the morning (but I'm often late :blush: ) and I finish work at 6 in the evening. On Tuesdays and on Thursdays I finish my work at quarter to six because I go to the gym.
I live in Pasvalys, in Lithuania and I work in Pasvalys library as a librarian assistant.
And what about you? Where do you live? What's your job?
For breakfast I usually have a banana and coffee with milk and a little honey.
Lithuanians eat a lot of potatoes and sandwiches and they drink a lot coffee and green tea. I think Lithuanians prefer beer and vodka to wine. Am I right? A lot of Lithuanians don't eat at breakfast, they don't have big lunches, they have big dinners. Lithuanians like vegetables, a lot of people have their vegetables from their gardens and allotments. Apples are popular Lithuanian fruit.
What time is it? It's twenty past eleven in the morning.
It's Tuesday, The Independence Day in Lithuania. It's a holiday and a lot of people don't go to work.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4442 nuo Little Angel
My homework

What do you do?
I'm a tax officer.
Do you like it?
Yes, I do, but it isn't easy
When do you start and finish your work?
I start work at eight in the morning and I finish at five p.m.

Ansvwer the questions
I live in Pasvalys and I work in the State Tax Inspectorate under Ministry of Finance LT. I'm a tax officer.
I make little breakfast in the morning. Sometimes I make sometimes vegetables, rice, pea porridges and I like cereal with milk. Also I drink a coffee of with milk. Lithuanians like to eat a lot of potatoes. Potatoe sausages, cabbage rolls, cold beet soup - it is the national dishes. What time is it? It is ten minutes past 4 p.m. it's Tuesday, Independence Day in Lithuania.

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4449 nuo vaidyla
What do you do?
I'm a shop asisstant.
Do you like it?
Yes I do,but it pays very little money.
When do you start and finish my =your work?
I starts work at 9 AM and finishes at 6 PM. (It's not "he, she,it" - it's I ! Tai ne "jis, ji" - tai "Aš" !)

I live in Pasvalys,Geliu street and my I work in a newsegent's shop.I'm a shop asisstent.
I have breakfast at 7.30 AM . I eat poridge and drink water.
I make Italian food risoto,lazanian,vegetables =salad and soup,
I like green tea,but I don't like coffe.
LIthuanians people eat a lot of potatoes and drink beer.
Whot(=a!) time is it? It's twelve PM.It's midday.
It's Thursady, it's the Englishs class. See you.I'm happy.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4455 nuo Jurate
Thank you for your answers. I'm glad that you write on the Forum B) See you in the class!
glad [glea:d] - patenkinta(s)

More
prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 3 mėn. #4460 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: MONDAY Winter Homework
I'm a dental technician.I don't like it,because I can't catch up with technology.I start to work at eight AM and I finish my work at two PM.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.405 sekundžių