2017 MONDAY

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 4 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 4 mėn. #6301 nuo Jurate
Jurate created the topic: 2017 MONDAY
With the start of the new year , we finish our textbook New English File Beginner.
We have the last unit 7 'Is There A Bank Near Here? '

What to do for next Monday?
Learn new words:

to give directions [direkšns] - nurodyti kelią. a way [uei] kelias;
opposite [opozit] - priešais, next to [nekst tiu] - šalia, between [bitui:n] - tarp, on the left - kairėje, on the right - dešinėje, on the corner - ant kampo, around (round) the corner - už kampo;
on the street, in the street - gatvėje, on/in the avenue - prospekte, aveniu on the road [roud] - gatvėje, kelyje, ! in the road - važiuojamoje kelio dalyje, vidury kelio;
Turn left/ turn right - pasukite kairėn / pasukite dešinėn; Go straight on - eikite tiesiai; straight [strait] - tiesus to turn - pasukti; to cross [kros] - pereiti; to cross the street - pereiti gatvę; a junction [džankšn] - sankryža ; traffic lights [trafik laits] - šviesoforas;
to pass [pas] , to go past, to go by [bai] - praeiti pro šalį; to stop at... -sustoti prie..., to turn around the corner - pasukti už kampo
Is there _(some building)__ near here? Ar yra __koks pastatas__ čia netoliese?
Which way is____? Kokiu keliu (kur) yra ___?
How can I get to ____? Kaip galiu pasiekti ____?

Do exercises from Workbook, on pages 58 and 59. Listen to the audio 28 :

Open your interactive CD. :

*Do Practical English 7: People in the street give directions. a cashpoint [kešpoint] - grynųjų taškas = bankomatas

**Do Words and Phrases 7A,B,C
***Do Grammar Quiz File 7

Write on the Forum!
It is a must! Tai privaloma!
A.
Write your score (rezultatą) from Grammar Quiz 7 - how did you do?
B.
Write in 5 to 6 sentences how to get to Pasvalys library from your home. Use new words (1), give directions!

How to get from Jurate's home to Pasvalys library
I live in a block of flats (daugiabutyje) in Rutu street, opposite the police station. My home is near the town centre where Pasvalys library is. So I live very close to Pasvalys library - it takes only 5 minutes to get there from my home!
The best way to get to the library is to cross the square between my building and the police station. After this, please, go straight on, go past the police station building and cross Vilnius street. Then turn right, go past the shops and turn around the corner to Vytautas square and go straight on past the fountain. The library is next to the pizza bar and opposite the church.

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 4 mėn. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6325 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
How to get from my home to Pasvalys library
My house is on the Pakrantes street.Pasvalys library is very far from my house.I cross the Panevezys street, and go straight to Nepriklausomybes street. Then I turn to the right and again go straight all the time. My way=trip lasts 20 minutes. When I go to Pasvalys library, I always see a river on my left. When I cross Avizonis street, I get to Vytautas square, where is Pasvalys library is (todėl, kad tai ne klausimas. because it's not a question)

You don't use 'the' with street names - su gatvių pavadinimais 'the' nevartojamas
a / the way - nueitas kelias, atstumas; the way is about 1 kilometer long;
a/ the trip, a/ the walk - kelionė, ėjimas/ My trip lasts about 20 minutes, I walk for about 20 minutes....
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6327 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
How to get from Roma's home to Pasvalys library.

I live in a village, so I'm going to Pasvalys by car. I'm on the way for about a half an hour. I usually parking our car next to the Municipality. Then I go along =down/up the street Birzu. After this, I cross Vilnius street, then turn right and go around the corner to Vytautas Square, and go straight on past the cafe Arka and the fountain. The library is to =in the Vytautas square in front of the church.

Remember:
1.half an hour, half a kilometer, half a Euro - pusė valandos, kilometro, euro...
2.eiti/ važiuoti gatve - to walk/ drive down(arba up) the street;

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6328 nuo saulutė
saulutė replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I live in a block of flats in Vilties street next to nursery - school ,,Liepaitė". My home is far from the town centre where is Pasvalys library is. It is abaut 15 min from way=of walking. My way begins in Vilties street. Then I turn left to Biržų street and go straight for abaut(o) 10min by Vilniaus street. Then I crooss Vilniaus street turn right, go by the shops and turn left to =around the corner to Vytautas skuare/=q and go straight. I pass small shops, the fountain. The library is next to the pizza bar.

Lithuanians say dešimt minučių kelio, and Brits say 'ten minutes of walking...

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6331 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
My homework
I live in a block of flats in Jonishkelio street opposite a/the nursing home. My home is near the town centre, where Pasvalys library is. I cross the Jonishkelio street and next to the trafic lights I turn right. I Go straight on, next I cross a/the bridge of the river Levuo and on the corner to Vytautas square I turn right then some go straight on in the square, and next to the pizzeria is the library.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6334 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I go to Pasvalys Library from Pasvalys bus station. I 'm going to give give directions now.
Turn around the corner, cross Vilnius street. Go straight on Panevezys street. Go by Chemist's and cross Panevežys street. Then go straight on Avizonio street. Go past the hotel and turn right. Pasvalys Library is on the left.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6338 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I live in a hause in Paberžėlių street,opposite the gardens=alotments.My home is far from the towne centre where is Pasvalys library is.I turn right on the Joniškėlio street and go straight on the for long time.I go by the nursing home,come up to a jaunction with a traffic lights.I turn right and go straight on the bridge over the river Lėvuo.There is the most beautiful image=view. I go by the church and turn around the corner to VYtauto square.Again I go straight by the fountain and I come up to the library opposite the church.

I come up to a junction - aš prieinu prie sankryžos
(kokią laiko trukmę? = for) I walked for a long time. We talked for half an hour - Aš ėjau ilgą laiką. Mes kalbėjome pusė valandos

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6339 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
My score from Grammar Quiz 7 - 17/20

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6340 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
It is nice to know that you are going to come, Romualda. I missed you! :cheer:

Guys, if you want more practice with giving directions in English, you can do this exercise online:
learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/ski...ce/giving-directions

There is an audio. Listen and find what places people give directions to.
a round-about - apvažiavimas (apvali sankryža)
1. First a woman speaks. She tells how to get to the _p_____.
2. Next a man speaks. He explains where an _u_____ is.
3. Then the woman speaks again.She gives directions how to get to the _c________ .
4. At the end, another man speaks. He tells the way to the b____________ .

You can watch this video too. Can you understand everything? :P
Could you tell me the way to....? = Ar galėtumėte man pasakyti kelią į....?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6344 nuo vaidyla
vaidyla replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I live in a block of flats in Geliu street, nex to "namu ukis" office.
My house is near the Pasvalys library abaut 15 minutes.
I cross Geliu street turn left to Vysniu street and go to the traffic lights to cross the street.
From the traffic lights turn right and go straight down to the last corner of the building.
Turn left and I a library.

I live in a block of flats in Geliu street, next to "namu ukis" office.
My house is near the Pasvalys library about 15 minutes by foot arba of walking.
I cross Geliu street turn left to Vysniu street and go to the traffic lights to cross the street.
From the traffic lights I turn right and go straight down to the last corner of the building.
I Turn left and I'm at the library.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6346 nuo Jurate
Hi, Vaida! I missed you too! :woohoo:
Bring a memory stick of about 5 GB size to the class with you.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6348 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I live in a block of flats in Taikos street, next to shopping center IKI. My house is near the Pasvalys library about 3 minutes by car. I ride Taikos street to the traffic light. From the traffic lights I turn right and go straight down Vilnius street up to the bridge and before the bridge I turn left. I turn left to Vytauto square and I'm at the library.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6377 nuo Jurate
Sorry I'm late! Here's your homework for the 16th of January.
Do the exercises on page 72 in Student's Book

... and on page 63 in Workbook

Do the exercises from your CD: Vocabulary - Irregular verbs

Write on the Forum!

A
Don't use Google Translator! Check yourself! Check what you can say in English!

Hi!
My name's Jurate, I'm from Lithuania, I live in a small town of Pasvalys in the North of Lithuania and I work at a local library. I live in the centre of the town with my Mum and my cat. We have a flat, we also have an alotment outside the town. Pasvalys is a queit green town, there aren't many people. I love it here. In my free time I like cycling, working in our alotment and learning English. I really love listening to English audiobooks and radio programmes from the Internet. I think they are great to learn English.
What are you going to do this year? I'm going to practice my English more. I want to find someone in the UK to exchange letters in English with them. If you want, we can write to each other. I can tell you about Lithuania and you can thell me about the UK. What do you think of it? Please, write to me soon.
Sincerely,
Jurate

B
Translate in Eglish and write on the Forum:
1. Aš nemėgstu skaityti knygų, bet man labai patinka žiūrėti filmus. Angelina Jolie yra mano mėgstamiausia aktorė. Aš manau kad ji nuostabi. (look at pages 64 and 60 in Student's Book)
2. Aš ketinu važiuoti į Panevėžį šį šeštadienį. O ką tu veiksi? (look at page 100 in Student's Book)
3. Tuoj lis! Kur mano skėtis? (look at page 100 in Student's Book)
4. Ar čia yra benzino kolonėlė kur netoliese? Eikite tiesiai ir pasukite kairėn. Benzino kolonėlė yra už parduotuvės. (look at page 70 in Student's Book)

Write a comment if you are going to come on 16 January: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...750-monday-2017#6347

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6394 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
A
Hello, my dear friend !
My name's Janina. I'm from Lithuania. I'm a librarian. I'm married. I live in a village 11 kilometres from a small town of Pasvalys. It's a nice village. There are =is a park, a river, a lake. There are[/color]=is a community hall, a kindergarten, the=a gym and so on... The village is next to the forest. In my free time I like seeing=watching films, reading good books, going to the gym. In the summer I love swimming. In the summer we are going to go to the village festivals. It's beautiful here.
I'm learning English and I'm going to practice my English more. Write to me about your life, please.
See you soon.
Janina.
B
1. I don't like reading books, but I love watching TV. My favorite actress is Angelina Jolie. I think she is wonderful.
2. I'm going to go to Panevezys this Saturday. And what are you going to do?
3. It's going to rain. Where is my umbrella?
4. Is there a petrol station near here? Go straight on and turn left. A=The petrol station is for =behind a shop.

There is a park... - 'is' todėl, kad po to iškart eina vienaskaita
viena sporto salė - a gym; aš vaikštau į sportą - I go to the gym (išsireiškimas)

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6396 nuo naujoke
My homework

1.I don't like reading books, but I love wotching films. My fawourite actres is Angelina Jolie. I think she is fantastic.
2.I am going to go to Panevezys this Saturday. What are you going to do?
3.It's going to rain. Where is my umbrella?
4.Is there the petrol station near here? Go straight and turn left. The petrol station is behind a shop.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6398 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
My homework
Hello, I'm Angele from Lithuania, from a small town Pasvalys. I like this town, that is by the rivers Svalia and Levuo. I have two daughters, but they have your =their familys = families and live by themselves. In my free time sometimes I go with my freinds to the theatre or to the park. Sometimes I come to visit my family. In the weekend's I prepare English homework. I don't know that =what (ką) I do =I'm going to do next summer. I don't have any plans.
Sincerely,
Angele

1. I don't like to read books, but I very much like to see films. Angelina Jolie is my favourite actress. I think she is beautifull.
2. I'm going to come to Panevezys at the=this Saturday. What are you going to do?
3. It's going to rain. Where's my unbrella?
4. Is there a Petrol station near here? Yes, it's-it is. Go straight on and turn on=to the left. The Petrol station is after to=behind the shop.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6399 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
Hello,
My name's Palmira.I'm from Lithuania.My small town Pasvalys is in the North of Lithuania.It's a beautiful town .There are rivers,where I like swimming in the summer,a park,a beautiful new center with a fountain,a white church next to the river Lėvuo.I have a husband and a daughter.She lives in Vilnius,she's an interieor disigner.(=designer)
I'm a dental technician.I make dentures.I have a cat and a little dog.In my free time I like cycling,doing sports and I love traveling.I very =really want to learn to speak English.In the summer I'm going to go somewhere.Write to me aba=out yourself.Bye!
1.I don't like reading books,but I love watching Tv.Angelina Jolie is my favorite actress.I think,that she's nice.
2.I'm going to go in =toPanevėžys this Saturday.And what are you going to do?
3.It's going to rain.Where is my umbrella?
4.Is there a petrol station near here?Go straight on and turn left.A=the petrol station is afte =behind a shop.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6402 nuo naujoke
Hello,
My name's Vilma. I'm from Lithuania. This is a small country near the Baltijos=Baltic [boltik] sea.I live in Pasvalys. This is a small city=town in the north of Lithuania.
I'm married and I have two chidren' I'm a nurse. In my free time I like to read and to use internet. I'm learning Englich and I v=want to find friends to chat. Write to me.
Good luck
Vilma

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.401 sekundžių