2017 MONDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6871 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
1. In April we can see THE race of boats from Cambrige and Oxford Universities on the River Thames.
2. I work inside. I spend hours in the mobile library and in an office at the library which is on the ground floor. But I need to go to visitors of THE mobile library too.
I work five workdays a week from Monday to Friday and from 10.30 am to 5 pm with half an hour for a lunch break. The last week of the month I don't work. I sometimes work at home on my computer. I work with computers. I help for visitors of library, I do paperwork, take photos and so on... I'm a librarian. I have A special qualification for a job at the library. At work I speak Lithuanian. But I need to know foreing languages. I don't drive. I don't have a driving licence. I travel by library bus. There is a driver. We don't wear uniforms. I would like to earn more.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6872 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
So, you are a qualified librarian. :) You can also say: I have a qualification in library science.... I have qualifications in library science....

You can listen to pronunciation here: www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/qualification
(don't forget to click on the speakers )

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6880 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I work inside.My workplace is in Pasvalys policlinic dental technicians laboratory.
I start to work at eight AM and I finish when I do all the work.I work five workdays a week from Monday to Friday.But when I don't have works,I don't go to THE laboratory.
My work isn't with a computer.This work is with the technique=equipment [ekipment] and materials.There are a lot of people around me; this is my colleague,doctors and patients.
I wear special medical white clothes.I make dentures.I often must to go at=to courses,I have to get qualifications in five years.I don't travel for work.I have a driving licence and I drive.But I prefer to walk,when the weather is good as it is today.

techninė įranga - (technical/ special) equipment [ekipment] ("There's a lot of equipment in your garage"): www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/equipment
atlikimo būdas, meistriškumas - technique (this painter has a fantastic technique!)

More
prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. #6885 nuo agnaun
agnaun replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
Agne's answers about her job:
I usually work inside at my flat. I work five workdays a week from Monday to Friday but my work isn't very regular. I sometimes have little tasks or I don't have any tasks.
At my work, I spend some of hours at the computer. Mostly I work at my flat. To work at flat better because I can relax and I can be calm.
I don't make a lot of things at work, I do posters, advertisements, invitations and flyers. I don't wear uniforms at the library. At work I speak Lithuanian but I can speak French, Russian and a little English. I don't drive, I am going to work on foot.
I have special qualifications for a job at the library. I am an artist of the library. I don't earn a lot of money because my workday isn't full.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 1 mėn. nuo agnaun.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6899 nuo Jurate
I'm sorry for being lateb again
You don't have to write your homework on the Forum If you don't have time, but please write a comment about your attendance. I have to know who is in!: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...y-2017?start=72#6898

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. - prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6900 nuo Jurate
I'm sorry for being late again! :blush:

You don't have to write your homework on the Forum If you don't have time, but please write a comment about your attendance. I have to know who is in!: edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...y-2017?start=72#6898

Please do the exercises on iTutor and one page twenty in the student's book:

Please, write about your wardrobe

a wardrobe [uodroub] drabužinė,rūbinė, garderobas www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/wardrobe
a cupboard [kabad] spinta

What's in your wardrobe? What are your favourite clothes? What do you wear at home? What do you wear at work? What colours do you prefer? Do you like work uniforms? Would you like to wear a uniform at work yourself?

Jurate's wardrobe
I keep my clothes in two cupboards. There are so many clothes that there aren't much free room left (nėra likę daug laisvos vietos) ! I usually buy my clothes at the local second-hand clothes market. I visit there about twice a year. At work and at home I prefer to wear trousers with blouses and sweaters because this is very convenient and comfortable in any weather (bet kokiu oru) and inside or outside. If it is warm I can put on a sweater, if it is hot I can take the sweater off. I have three lovely dresses in my cupboard. Two dresses are black and one is brown. I also have two jackets of blue and brown colour. I don't wear dresses and jackets everyday to work, I put them on for special events at the library. I don't like to wear bright ([brait] - ryškus) colour clothes. I prefer dim (neryški) colour and many clothes in my wardrobe are brown, blue, grey or green. I like work uniforms. I think that bank employees or police officers look good in their uniforms. It is easy for people to see them fast. I would like to wear a uniform at work but my work uniform has to be trousers and not a skirt.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 sav. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6903 nuo Janina
I keep clothes in two cupboards. There are not only my clothes. I prefer to wear trousers with blouses, tunics, shirts and sweaters. But in my cupboard there are dresses too. I sometimes put on a dress. There are green, grey, blue, black dresses. I like jackets. There are black, red, brown, grey jackets. There are skirts too, but I don't wear it. I like all the colours of clothes. I like work uniforms. It's beautiful. At work I could wear a uniform. Only not a dress, not a skirt.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. - prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6904 nuo Jurate
Thank you Janina for your comment. It is an excellent homework, there are no grammar mistakes, just the order of words is wrong in one sentence:
I like all the colours of clothes.= I like clothes of all colours (I like clothes of various colours /Clothes of all colours įvairių spalvų drabužiai

More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. - prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6907 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
I keep my clothes in A wardrobe. Mostly I like to wear dresses, skirts and blouses. But there are trousers, shirts, sweaters and jackets too. At work I prefer to wear dresses or skirts with blouses. But trousers with sweaters is = are (dgs) very comfortable in any weather. Especially when it’s cold. At home I like sportswear. I like all the colours of clothes=clothes of all colours(visokių spalvų drabužius), but especially blue. I would like to wear a uniform at work. It's beautiful.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. #6918 nuo Jurate
Guys! We are going to have a new read. The title of the book is "Weddings" It is about wedding traditions around the world! I hope you will like it. It has audio tracks.

Please, download (parsisiųskite =take it = pasiimkite tai ) from here: www.mediafire.com/file/lvfo6tqq9ztz4h1/S...indop+-+Weddings.zip

More
prieš 7 m. 3 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6920 nuo agnaun
agnaun replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
Agne's wardrobe
I keep my clothes in two cupboards. There are not only my clothes. The great cupboard is all filled up. There are a lot of different clothes. There are some sweaters, some jumpers, some vests, some skirts, some jackets, some dresses, some tops, some trousers and some jeans.
I like to wear trousers, jeans, T-shirts, blouses and sweaters. I have a jacket, some skirts and some dresses but I don't wear their=them everyday, I put them on for special events in my life.
At home I prefer to wear trousers with T-Shirts and sweaters or jumpers because this is very convenient and comfortable.
I like clothes of dark colours. My favourite colours are purple, blue and burgundy.
I think uniforms are great but I wouldn't like to wear her=them arba it because not all uniforms are practical.

filled up - pri pildytas :)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 2 sav. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6957 nuo Jurate
Guys! Don't forget that we meet on THURSDAY, THE 20TH, at 5 PM

Please, write a comment about your attendance: edukacija.psvb.lt/forum/11-for-meetings-...s/1757-thursday-2017

Until then (Iki tol) please do this homework:

Download (parsisiųskite) our new read about weddings from here: www.mediafire.com/file/lvfo6tqq9ztz4h1/S...indop+-+Weddings.zip
Do grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation exercises on iTutor and on page 21 in the workbook:

Use question words how? how many? what? what kind? which? when? where? who? why? to ask our class students about Easter. Write 4-5 questions on the Forum and answer them.

Jurate's questions and answers about Easter
How many eggs did you eat at Easter? I had two eggs: one egg on Sunday and one egg on Monday.
What kind of eggs do you prefer? Do you like them runny [rani] (skystus) , soft boiled [sof boild] (minkštai virtus) or hard boiled [ha/r/d boild] (kietai virtus)?
I prefer my eggs runny or hard boiled. This Easter I had hard boiled eggs.
What did you do on Easter Monday? I spent a late morning in my bed at the computer and then I went for a walk and I had a good dinner with my mother (I hope so, because now, when I'm writing this, it is still Monday morning!)
Who came to your home to visit at Easter? No one visited us at Easter, we spent Easter holidays wery queitly and peacefully.
Which festival do you prefer: Easter or Christmas? I prefer Christmas because there is more hope and more magic in it. And the decorations at Christmas are so beautiful. Easter doesn't have so many decorations and people dont wait for Easter so much as for Christmas.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6961 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
About my wardrobe
I have two cupboards. In the one cupboard there are my clothes, that I don't wear in =that season. In winter I don't wear clothes for summer wear and conversely. In the other cupboard there are my clothes, that I wear every day at work, at home and party dresses. I have some dresses, some skirts, some jackets, trousers, sweaters. I like comfortable and bright colour clothes but I wear and dark colour clothes too, because it's practically. I like uniforms, because they looks good, but I don't wear this.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6963 nuo Janina
How was your Easter? My Easter was happy. This Easter brings joy and smiles for me. I met with children. They found gifts from me. I used the Internet to greet friends. How many eggs did you eat at Easter? I had a lot of eggs. I was eating not one.? I ate more than one? Suvalgiau daugiau nei vieną? What kind of eggs do you prefer? At Easter I prefer hard boiled eggs. Which festival do you prefer: Easter or Christmas? I don't know. I like both. At Christmas and at Easter there are decorations, gifts and guests. When you are=are you happy: at Easter or at Christmas? I'm happy when my guests are fun. Where DO you celebrate Easter? I celebrate at home and not only there. I go out with my best friend of my life. Who came to your home to visit at Easter? Three people visited us at Easter and we visited to a family from=of three people. Why are you waiting for Easter? I'm waiting to == for all the festivals because it is=they are interesting.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6968 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
Where was =were your Easter Sunday? I was in my son's home in Vilnius.
Were you in=at the church on Easter morning? No, I wasn't in=at the church, because I went to the Vilnius by car.
What kind of meals do you ate=did you eat in the morning? I ate a lot of eggs, and cooked ham with vegetables.
How many people were there in your home at Easter? THere were six people. Two grandparents, two parents and two grandchildren.
What did you do at = in the afternoon? I went for a walk with our grandchildren.
What did you do on Easter Monday? I visited my parents in Jonava district and went back home.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 sav. - prieš 7 m. 2 sav. #6969 nuo Palmira
Palmira replied the topic: 2017 MONDAY
What did you do on=AT Easter?I went to church on Easter morning.Later I had a breakfast with my family.
How many eggs did you eat at Easter?I ate a lot of eggs.
What kind of eggs do you prefer?I prefer soft boiled eggs.But during Easter it was hard boiled eggs.
Where DO you celebrate Easter?My family celebrate Easter at my husband's mother'S with his brother'S family and his sister and another brother.
How=WHO (kas) comeS to your home to visit at==on Easter Monday?My sister with her husband and her dog visited us at=on Easter Monday.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 1 sav. #7004 nuo Jurate

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.361 sekundžių