• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8184 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Yes, both days the same old thing (tą patį seną dalyką) :cheer:

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8196 nuo kupiskis
kupiskis replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello! It was very difficult to understand Asker Lindsey,Tony,Vivian,Richard.I watchted the subtitles many times. Reading is much easier.
What did Charles do yesterday? He rested,he watched TV,he read books,he slept.
What did Dina do yesterday? She spent in school most of the day,she stayed at gym and workout=worked out (praeitis) ,worked at her computer,watched a lot =a little (truputį) TV.
What did Asker Lindsey do this morning and yesterday? I read your writing.I am trying to heard words= I am trying to hear the words that he got up,he ate and watched the news. He eats the words,I hear only "news".
What did the woman and the man did yesterday? Yesterday they worked,went to villages ,got coffee,made housework. What did Regina do yesterday? She only laughs a lot.
What did Tony do yesterday? This is a secret for me. (He watched football games yesterday)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8197 nuo Jurate
Hi, Birute,
I see you wrote more than (negu) I asked. Thank you!

Don't worry about what you can't understand. We will watch the video together in the class and explain everything :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8200 nuo Jurate
Here is what to do for next Wednesday - the thirty first of October (Halloween!):

Do the crossword (kryžiažodį) and the exercise on page 61 in the workbook:

Old students, please do the test for unit 10:
Naujieji studentai, šio testo Jūs neturite. Padarykite ką nors savo malonumui iš vadovėlio, o trečiadienį atsineškite atmintuką, kad būtų 1 GB laisvos vietos ir įsirašysite.

Įrašykite savo vardą ir spauskite Enter (įeiti)

Watch the video for unit 10

Write on the Forum
What are your favourite leisure activities?
When was the last time you did it? Where were you? Who were you with?

Jurate's favourite leisure activities
I love cycling, walking and doing exercise. (to do exercise - mankštintis)
Last time I went cycling last Thursday night. I wanted to get some fresh air. I was alone. I cycled to my garden and back.
Last time I went walking two days ago. It was after work, I went around the town through the parks to the shop Iki. At the start I was alone, but I met my friend near the bus station and we walked to Iki together.
I love doing exercise. I go to the gym at Pasvalys Lėvuo school two times a week: on Tuesday and on Thursday. Last time I went to the gym a day ago. We worked out good!

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8207 nuo Silvija
Silvija replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello, dear teacher :)
I love cycling, walking around the town. My daughter have a good bike and I often use it. One pleausure to drive with the wind. I often go to the village at my parents. My free time swallow housework. I have a various activities: to take care of daughters and husband, to make delicious dishes (skanėstus), to canned vegetables, to knit socks, to braid hair, to house clean. I hate the clutter! Where I live is big yard with a various of flowers. I love delve there.
We keep a dog, a chinchilla, a sea pig and two hundred liters aquarium at home. It also takes time. Animals at home are wonderful! Now I carve the pumpinks. It's an amazing vegetable.
I hope to welcome guests during the halloween, because I will have some fun dishes :) :)

Wonderful homework :kiss:

I love cycling, walking around the town. My daughter has a good bike and I often use it. Pure [pjo] (grynas) pleausure to drive with the wind. I often go to the village at my parents'. Housework swallows all my free time. I have _various activities: to take care of the daughters and husband, to make delicious dishes (=treats), to can_ vegetables, to knit socks, to braid hair, to clean house. I hate the clutter! Where I live there is a big yard with _various _ flowers. I love dwell there.
We keep a dog, a chinchilla, a sea pig and a two hundred liters aquarium at home. It also takes time. Animals at home are wonderful! Now I am carving the pumpinks. It's an amazing vegetable.
I hope to welcome guests during the halloween, because I will have some fun dishes

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8208 nuo Jurate
I'm sorry to hear that housework swallows lots of your free time but I'm happy to read such good homework :)
Pumpkins are orange like fire or like autumn leaves. I agree they are wonderful: beautiful to look at at delicious to eat.
I don't carve my pumpkins but I like making pumpkin pancakes. :)

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8209 nuo Silvija
How I forgot to write, that I really like to learn english language free time. Because I have a teacher, who science inspires and very helps to learn :)

How did I forget to write, that I really like to learn English language in free time. Because I have a teacher, whose knowledge inspires and very helps to learn

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8210 nuo kupiskis
Hello,I was leaving=away for three days. I went back on Tuesday evening. I will write about my leasure on Thursday.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8211 nuo Jurate
Thank you both for your comments :)

Tomorrow is a very special day - Halloween :ohmy:
This magic mouse can read your mind: learnenglishteens.britishcouncil.org/stu...k/games/magic-gopher
Think of a two-digit number - Sugalvokite dviženklį numerį (X)
Add two its digits - sudėkite abu to skaičiaus ženklus (Y)
Substract this new number from the first one - Atimkite tą naują skaičių iš pirmojo. (X - Y =Z)
The mouse will show you hieroglyphs. Remember the hieroglyph next to your number Pelė parodys hieroglifų lentelę. Prisiminkite hieroglifą prie savo skaičiaus (Z).
The mouse will guess your hieroglyph - Pelė atspės jūsų hieroglifą! :O :pinch: :blink:

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8212 nuo VidaSleziene68
VidaSleziene68 replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello,
My favourite leisure activities

I like reading books, cycling and traveling. My last read book was "Vilko vaikas", about german girl who survived the war. Last time I went cycling last week. I'm cycling with my husband. I like travelling in Lithuanian and visit the other countries, last month I was in Greece. There we were walking a lot and traveling by car.

Very good :)
I like reading books, cycling and travelling. My last read book was "Vilko vaikas", about a German girl who survived the war. Last time I went cycling last week. I cycled (važinėjau) with my husband. I like travelling around Lithuania and visiting (nes reikia derinti prie "like") the other countries, last month I was in Greece. There we were walking a lot and travelling by car.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8213 nuo Jurate
Today on Halloween's day we will listen to the song about a skeleton:
learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/en/songs/the-scary-skeleton

we will learn new words about about Halloween and its traditions in the UK:
learnenglishkids.britishcouncil.org/site...sheets-halloween.pdf

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8214 nuo Red Rose
Red Rose replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello,

I like driving. I often go by car to my summer house in Naujikai.
Last time I drive=drove there on Saturday. I had to finish last works in my the garden
I like cooking and baking.
Last time I was baking on Sunday with my sister, our favourite apple pie. Later we gone=went for a walk to the park.
I love swimming. I go to the swimming pool at Pasvalys every Monday. Last time I was there two days ago.
In the evening I watch TV

Wonderful! I love your homework :kiss:

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8215 nuo as vaida
as vaida replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello,

I love walking or cycling around my village, and I like playing table tennis. In the winter I like going ice skating and sking=skiing. Last winter I went ice skating with my daughters and I went skiing with my husband.
Last summer I went fishing for the first time. It was great!

Great! :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. #8216 nuo Jurate
What to do for next Wednesday, the seventh of November?

Read about Halloween in the UK:

In October many shop windows in Britain turn (tampa) orange and black, with pumpkins, witches, broomsticks and cats. What do young people do to celebrate Halloween? Read this text to get started.
Halloween is celebrated on 31 October. This isn’t a public holiday (išeiginė) in Britain. Halloween is the night before the Catholic festival of All Saints( [ ol seints ] (Vėlinės) and the pagan Celtic festival of Samhain (1 November).
Halloween colours are orange and black. Orange means [mins] (reiškia) harvest because the end of October is the end of the harvest. Black is related [releitid] (susijusi) to death.
In the UK Halloween traditions are very much alive [elaiv] (gyvas) and popular, especially with kids and teenagers [ti:neidžez] (paaugliai).
People make pumpkin lanterns. They cut eyes and a mouth on the side [said] (šonas) of the pumpkin and they eat the insides [insaidz] (viduriai) of the pumpkin. Pumpkin soup is very popular.
On Halloween people like dressing up (persirenginėti): they put on (apsivelka) special clothes and a scary make-up [meik ap] (makiažas).
Children love dressing up and going to their neighbours. They knock [nok] (beldžiasi) on the door and shout "treat or trick!" People usually give treats to children: chocolates, biscuits or fruit.
People love watching horror [hora] (siaubo) movies and telling scary stories.
If you are in Sheffield, in the north of England, you can go to Fright [frait] (baimė, šiurpas) Night. What is Fright Night? It’s the Biggest Halloween Party in Britain’ and there are about 40,000 visitors each year.

Find what these words mean:
1 harvest 2 a lantern 3 a costume 4 to dress up 5 a fright 6 a pumpkin

*the time of year when fruit and vegetables are collected [kalektid] (surenkami) on farms

*a light that has a handle [hendl](rankena) and can be carried [kerid] (nešiojama) or hung up [hang ap] (pakabinama)

*a large, orange, football-sized vegetable

*to put on special clothes

*a set (rinkinys, derinys) of special clothes

*a scary or frightening thing or event

Do these exercises:

Write on the forum in short (in short - trumpai):
What did you do on All Saints' Day?
Ką veikėte per Vėlines? Answer these questions:
Did you visit your family graves? (a grave [greiv] - kapas; a graveyard [greivja/r/d] - kapinės)
Did you leave flowers on the graves? (to leave flowers - palikti gėles)
Did you light candles on the graves (to light candles - [lait kendlz] uždegti žvakes; uždegė - lit)
Did you go to church for a service? (a service [se/r/vis] - mišios)

Jurate's All Saints' Day
I didn't go to visit my father's grave on Thursday - on All Saints' Day. I visited it at the weekend. My father's grave is outside the old Pasvalys park. There's not only his grave, but my grandfather's and grandmother's graves too. I lit eight candles on their graves. I didn't bring flowers because my uncle brought a lot of white chrysanths on Thursday.
I didn't go to church on Thursday nor (nei) at the weekend, because I go there very rarely.

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. #8221 nuo kupiskis
Hello!
About my leisure activities-in short.
Last time I went cycling a few days ago. I wanted to remove=pick/ collect the carrot harvet. The weather was cold. It was rainy,windy and cold. I was alone.I took the=a shovel and the=a knife.A little carrrot I will use for soups.I will sell a big carrots in the market.
I like to swim when the water is warm.In the childhood we didn't learn to swim because there wasn't water near our home.In my free time I am learning to swim in the Pasvalys swimming pool.
In autumn and winter I like knitting. I can knit one sweater a year. I think and count so much.

My Halloween.
In the autumn many pampkin=pumpkins are growing in gardens.They are large,striking and orange. They look good in the dark.
Now we have good lighting. In my childhood there wasn't electricity in the village.In the autumn it was very wet,windy,rustled leaves=leaves rustled. We wanted only to be at home with our parents. The Kerosene lamp seemed bright for me.
This year I burned a large orange candle and made=did it on=in the window.I cooked a soup of pumpkin and zucchini=I cooked pumpkin and potato soup,a little potatoes and carrots.I'm not afraid of witches,because I sleep well on a new good mattress.
I remembed=remembered; geriau sakyti I recall one strange event.It was one year after my father's death.It was one evening in the end of October.I've clearly heard someone walk on the ceiling.I rezognized the passage=footsteps of my father. It was=He used to limp{šlubas}.His gait was uneven.I do not believe in superstitions.I'm not scared. This has never happened again.
I'msorry! I wrote about Halloween differently. Then I read your links.

Don't be sorry! This is wonderful. Thank you for sharing your memories and experiences .
to dig, to collect or to pick (a) harvest, a crop - nukasti, nuimti, nuskinti derlių
I recall - prisimenu (galvodama apie praeitį); I remember - nepmiršau - prisimenu,
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 5 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. #8224 nuo Silvija
On All Saints' Day I was at home with my family until late evening. Every years we are waiting for the night and then we go to the grave. First of all we go in the grave of Daumėnai, and on the way bac in the grave of Krinčinas. And there's my a little daughter wanted to WC. In that dark could not find the place. It's very urgent we had to light candles and to scoot at home.

Wow! I learned a new word - to scoot. Thank you :)
to - į; prie; pas
in - viduje, toje vietoje

of Krinčinas - turi prasme, kad viso Krinčino (the station, the school, the church, the surgery (ambulatorija) of Krinčinas - my house, my family grave in Krinčinas)

On All Saints' Day I was at home with my family until late evening. Every year (vns.) we are waiting for the night and then we go to the grave. First of all we go in=to the grave of Daumėnai, and on the way back in=to the grave of=in Krinčinas. And there's my a little daughter wanted to WC(geriau to the toilet; to the loo: And there my little daughter wanted to the loo.). In that dark I could not find the place. It was very urgent we had to light candles and to scoot at home.

More
prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. #8227 nuo Red Rose
Red Rose replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello,

All Saints' Day,

On Thursday, I and my husband visited the graves of my parents. We lit two candles. It was All Saints' Day. The graves of my parents is in the village of Pažasai in Pasvalys district.
The husband's parents graves are in the village of Skėriai. There is are not only their parent's=parents' grave, but his brother and his grandfather's graves too.
We lit six candles and brought flowers.
On Friday we went to the graves of my grandfather's. We lit four candles. Here we met two of my uncles and one aunt.
In the church I was on All Saints' Day.

Some small mistakes. Thank you :)

More
prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. - prieš 5 m. 5 mėn. #8228 nuo Kriginienė
Kriginienė replied the topic: Wednesday 18/19
Hello,
On All Saint's Day I and my family visited the graves of my grandparents. We lit two candles and left white flovers. We went from home early in the morning and we returned late. I didn't go church on All Saint's Day, but I spoke prayer in my heart.

Zero mistakes! I love the last sentence :kiss:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.392 sekundžių