FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2856 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
Thank you! You can say a fish, a coffee, an apple pie if you want to say 'one portion'. But you can also say it without 'a': fish with vegetables, apple pie and coffee. A dessert [dese:/r/t ] is food and a desert [dezert] is a dry land without water like Sahara (dykuma). "All of the time" is correct but rare. I hear people say "all the time" on the radio or on TV :)

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Violeta

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• saulegraza
  • saulegraza avataras
  • Lankytojas
  • Lankytojas
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2893 nuo saulegraza
saulegraza replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
My lunch.
I usually have my lunch at work. Sometimes I have it at Work's cafeteria. I have a lot of vegatables with fish or chicken. My lunch at work is for free, because it is homemade food. At cafeteria I pay about one-two euros. It is not exspensive. After lunch I have a coffee break with my colleagues. We drink coffee with dessert.

More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2896 nuo Renata
Renata replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
My lunch
I usualy have lunche at my work.Food I am meiking at home. (=I make food at home). I have soup and fish with vegetables, or chicken,For dessert i (=I) like to eat apple pie. And also drink coffe.

More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2910 nuo Poplyn
Poplyn replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
I allways have my lunch at home. I eat homemade food. I like to cook very much. So it is for free. I allways have for my lunch a cup of tea, soup or salads and a slice of dark bread. Sometimes I go to eat to cafee, I eat a fish with vegetables, salads or cold soup there. It costs about two euros. I like fruit very much, so watermelon or mango is the best dessert for me.

Exercises:

1.A.
1 thirty cents
2 twelve pounds ninety-nine
3 fifty-five cents
4 sixteen dollars fifty
5 fifteen euros forty
6 seventy-five pences

1 sixty cents
2 seventeen euros thirty
3 twenty pences
4 forty-five dollars
5 thirty cents
6 eighty pounds
7 ninety dollars fifty
8 six euros seventy

2B
Barman. Can I help you?
Woman. Yes, can I have a coffee and a cookie, please?
B. Latte, Americano, cappuccino?
W. An Americano, please.
B. Small (or regular) or large?
W. Large. How much is that?
B. Three pounds.
W. Here you are.
B. Thanks.

C

S K
cinema cat
nice close
exercise can
price difficult
cent coat
pence computer

3A
Barman. Can I help you?
Man. Yes, can I have a coffee and a muffin, please?
B. Espresso, Americano, capuccino?
M. A capuccino, please.
B. Regular or large?
M. Regular. How much is that?
B. Three pounds ten.
M. Here you are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2916 nuo angeliuke
angeliuke replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
hello. I always have my lunch at home. I like to cook, no but sometimes. I'm very busy every day, so there's time to produce .I eat sandwiches. I like dessert very much. I love apples ,pears and plums,is they are a Lithuanian fruits straight from my garden it doesn't cost for me. I buy bread and cheese in the shop, it costs about 5 euros
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. nuo angeliuke.

More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2928 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
Hello.
I allways have my lunch at home. I eat sandwiches, soup, vegetables, homemeide(=ade) bread. I drink a cup of tea. I like Lithuanian fruits straight from my garden it not (=doesn't) costs for me. I buy cheese in the shop it costs about 2 euros . :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2929 nuo Jurate
Thank you everyone! It is really interesting to know your tastes in food. I think that we all prefer healthy food to junk food :cheer:
healthy - sveikas; junk food [džank fu:d] - greitas maistas

Note:
a penny - vienas pensas; pence - pensai (dgs.)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2953 nuo Jurate
Here is your homework for the 23th of October:
1. Please, be sure you know the words from the Vocabulary on pages 111-112 in your Student Books!
Words from the text on page 43: opening hours - darbo valandos, meal times - valgymo laikas; a meal of the day - didžiausias dienos valgis; to relax [ri lea:ks] - atsipalaiduoti; a supermarket = supermarketas (kaip Maxima) a shopping center = a shopping mall - prekybos centras (kaip Panevėžio Babilonas);
Words from the Menu Game: a cafe [ka: fė] - kavinė; coffee [kafi] - kava; a cafeteria [kafeterija] - savitarnos valgykla; a sandwich bar - užkandinė, sumuštinių baras; large/ regular - didelis/ paprastas ; a muffin [mafin] - keksiukas, a brownie [brauni] - pyrago gabalėlis; a chocolate [čokleit] - šokoladas; a slice [slais] - riekė, atpjautas gabalas; What can I get you? - Ko norėtumėt? (paž. Ką galiu jums atnešti?) Anything else? [enithing elz] - Ko nors dar? ; something - kažkas

You have a piece of paper with a text on it. Please, read about the typical working day in the life of a DJ, correct mistakes and bring the paper with you to the class next Friday. Don't write the answers on the Forum! ;) DJ [di: džei] - didžėjus; fashionable [fea:šn ebl] - madingas; equipment [ekipment] - įranga

Read the text on the page 43 in your Student Book. Write about your typical Saturday/or Sunday/ or weekend here, on the Forum. Be ready to tell your story in the class!

I wish you a wonderful weekend with your families, with your friends, with your pets or alone with nature. Have a nice meal, a good sleep and a a time to relax. Take care and see you next time :)

More
prieš 8 m. 7 mėn. #2980 nuo Renata
Thank you, I wish you too. :)

More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3017 nuo Renata
My Sunday,

Sunday is my favorite day. On Sunday I usually get up about nine o'clock. About an hour I do yoga.I very like very much do (=to do ARBA doing) sport.For breakfast I have a cereal and a muffin. Usually I drink large coffee. On Sunday I have more free time, I don't need to hurry
.I have my lunche at home. I love cooking, so I get (=make - gaminu) lunch with my daughter. We cook soup and often chickens with vegetables. We eat together with my husband and children.I have two children - a daughter and a son.
After lunch we play games- Monopoly or draughts. I like to relax in my bed about an hour.
In the evening I make cake.We have diner and watch TV.
I go to bed early.Sweet dreams. :)
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3021 nuo Jurate
This is a very nice acount! I like it very much. Thank you. :cheer: A new word for me - draughts [dra:fts] :)

Note:
*hour [aue] - 'an hour' [en aue]; "an" bus visada, kai žodis ištariamas su balsiu pradžioje. ("history" [histori] (istorija) - a; university [juniversity] -a; umbrella [ambrela] - an ...)

*to like + "very much" - not "very" .
"very" always follows after a verb ("labai" visada seka po veiksmažodžio (I like very much; I thank you very much; I play tennis very well...., I feell very good )

*to like to do something OR doing something : I like to relax = I like relaxing; I like to swim=I like swimming ; I like to watch films = I like watching films

*time expressions can go at the beginning (when it is not for duration) or at the end -
laiko aprašymai gali eiti priekyje (jei tai ne trukmei nusakyti) arba gale:
On Sunday I usually cook (correct)- I usually cook on Sunday (correct) ; Two hours a day he plays the piano (wrong) - He plays the piano two hours a day (correct) ; I do yoga about an hour. (correct)

More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3023 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
On Saturday I get up at 7 o'clock in the morning. I always have a cup of black coffee and a sandwich for my breakfast. Then I go fishing. I fish from 8 to 10 o'clock. I usually catch some perches. I come back home happy. Then I have a cup of hot tea. And I go to do housework. I always have lunch at 12 o'clock. I eat roast chicken with potatoes and vegetables. In the afternoon, from 2 to 4 PM I with my girlfriend go to Pasvalys Swimming pool. There we have a great time. We go to the sauna and we swim a lot. When we come back home we cook our dinner. I eat fish with rice and vegetables. It is very delicious. After dinner, I watch a movie on my computer. The film usually ends at 11 PM. Then I have a shower and I go to bed. It is my typical Saturday.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. nuo Arunas.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3026 nuo Jurate
Nice! :)
Say "I go fishing" - I don't know why :huh: it is a typical phrase.
When you talk about your typical actions, your routine (nuolatinius veiksmus, savo rutiną) don't say "I am fishing", "We are swimming" - say "I fish", "we swim".
English language has three present times ( or more? :huh: ??) . We learn present simple - it is for typical actions, what you always/usually/often/rarely/sometimes/ never do
Anglų kalba turi tris esamuosius laikus. Mes mokomės paprastą esamą - tipiniams veiksmams - ką tu visada/paprastai/ retai/kartais/ niekada/ darai
I am swimming I am fishing - we will learn in the future - it is for what you do at this moment (mes mokysimės ateityje, tai yra tam, ką tu darai šią akimirką)

The following user(s) said Thank You: Arunas

More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3047 nuo Poplyn
My typical Sunday.

On Sunday I usually get up at 9 o'clock. I drink a glass of water and do some gymnastics excercises. I work five or six days a week, so I like to have my Sunday breakfast at my best place - at home. I can relax yet, I can be slow, I drink coffee and eat porridge. After breakfast I with =and my boyfriend go for a walk. We like nature very much, so we go to parks, by the river, sometimes we go to other towns of Lietuva and are finding interesting beautiful places. At 12 o'clock I usually have my lunch. I have fish or grilled meat with vegetables at home or a cafe. After lunch we usually watch an interesting movie, sometimes we go to visit our friends or parents. At 18 o'clock I have a dinner. Often I eat fish or courd with vegetables. That's my day. :)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3050 nuo Jurate
Lietuva! :lol: Poplyn loves Lithuanian language and Lithuania :)

My typical Sunday very often starts at eleven o'clock. I usually wake up at 9 AM, but I prefer to stay in bed for some time, relax and browse the Internet on my computer. My Sunday breakfast is coffee with milk and I have it in my bed. When I get up, I do housework, I let my cat out and I talk with my mom. My mother sometimes goes to church on Sundays but I never go there. I sometimes go shopping. I always cook on Sundays. When it is cold outside I make potato pancakes with porc or hot beetroot soup. These are my two favorite winter dishes. I like to cycle. I go on my bicycle outside the town to my garden. When there is snow, I walk because it is too cold to ride a bicycle. Sometimes I go to Pasvalys Swimmimg Pool, but there are a lot of people on Sundays and I prefer to go to the pool on weekdays. In the evening I like to make potato or pasta salad with mayonnaise. When I have my dinner I often watch TV with my mother. After dinner I go online and talk with some friends or I go to BBC Learning English website where I learn some English. It is a very good website and I recommend it to you too... Time goes fast on the Internet and I often go to sleep about three o'clock. I think I need to change my Sunday routine and go to sleep before midnight.

More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3054 nuo Poplyn
Thank You Jurate for correction. I wrote Lietuva :blink: :blush: :silly: :silly: :silly: :D

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3058 nuo Jurate
I love it how you have written one proud Lithuanian word in the middle of the English text. Come on, Lietuva, don't give up to those English speakers! :silly:

More
prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. - prieš 8 m. 6 mėn. #3077 nuo Alma
Alma replied the topic: FRIDAY Autumn classes homework :)
My typical Sunday
On Sunday I usually get up at 9 o'clock. I have a shower and I go to cook breakfast for my family. We eat cereal, fruit, we usually drink tea. After breakfast I go to do housework. I always have lunch at 1 o'clock. I with = and my family eat a soup, chicken with potatoes and vegetables. In the afternoon from 2 to 4 p.m. I watch TV. I like Turkic(s)h movies. We usually have our dinner at 6 p.m. After dinner I browse the Internet on my computer. Time goes fast on the Internet. At 11 p.m. I have a shower and i=I go to bed.

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.362 sekundžių