Job and Time: April the 30th

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 9 m. 3 sav. - prieš 9 m. 3 sav. #1442 nuo Jurate
Jurate created the topic: Job and Time: April the 30th
Here is your homework for Thursday, April the 30th. We continue with jobs and we begin to learn how to tell the time.

DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

1 - it is a must (Tai privaloma) ! Remember: you must pay for the classes - you must play Forum games !
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/turinys/10-forum-games-chat
Please, use new words from your Student Book vocabulary (pages from 108 to 110) and from the text on the page 29 ("all over the world", "some people", "other countries", to speakon the phone"...)

2 - Optional (Neprivaloma). Learn new words on the page 110 in your Student Book. Post a comment in the questionnaire "What's the time?": edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/7-ask-anything
3- Optional. Do the exercises on the page 26 in your Workbook
DĖMESIO: Spoileris! [ Spustelėkite, kad išplėsti ]

4. - Optional. Open your interactive Disc. Do "File 3" in Words and Phrases and "Jobs and Places of Work" in Vocabulary Bank

5. - Optional. Write about your job and be ready to talk about it in the class.
Answer the questions:

a break [breik] - pertrauka
to quit [kit] - pasitraukti, mesti (pvz.,darbą)
to retire [ritaje] - išeiti į pensiją
What do you do? Where do you work? When do you usually start your work? (Please, write the time!) When do you usually go back home? Do you have breaks at work?Do you have your lunch and breakfast at work? What time do you eat at work? Do you communicate a lot with other people at work? Do you speak a lot on the phone at work? Do you use a computer at work? Do you send a lot of emails at work? Do you use English at work? Do other people use English at your work? Do you think English is important for you and your colleagues? Do you like your job? What is your dream job? Do you dream to quit your job? Do you dream to retire?

6. - it is a must! Remember to post a comment: can you come or not on the 30th of April:
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/11-for-meeting...l-the-30th-4-pm#1443

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 9 m. 3 sav. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 9 m. 3 sav. - prieš 9 m. 3 sav. #1444 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: Ats: Job and Time: April the 30th
My homework - exercise number Five !

I am a marketing and public relations manager ([ma:/r/keting end pablik releišns menedže] - rinkodaros ir viešųjų ryšių metodininkė) at Pasvalys public library. I work in the Library, I have an office there that (kurį) I share ([šiea:] - dalinuosi) with two colleagues. I must start to work at nine o'clock, but I usually come to work at half past nine. I'm late and the library director is very unhappy ( [anhepi] - nelaimingas, nepatenkintas) about this. Every morning I try to pass by ([pea:s bai] - praeiti) my director's office very fast! I have one hour break for lunch from noon to one o'clock PM. I usually have my lunch at home. I live near the library and it takes only five minutes to come back home. At work, I sit a lot of time at the computer. I write about library events ( [i:vents] - renginiai ) and post it on the Internet or send it to newspapers. I send a lot of emails. I sometimes write emails in English and send them to the libraries in other countries: Latvia, Slovenia, Germany. I also meet a lot of people at my work. I meet people at the library events, I meet them at the schools and various enterprises in Pasvalys where I go with the invitations to the library events. I like to communicate with people but I don't like to sit at the computer too much. I sometimes dream to quit my job and to work as an interpreter but it is only a dream. I usually finish my work at six o'clock PM. I don't work at the weekends.

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 9 m. 3 sav. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 9 m. 3 sav. - prieš 9 m. 2 sav. #1480 nuo laimute
laimute replied the topic: Ats: Job and Time: April the 30th
A. IT'S HALF PAST NINE.
IT'S TWENTY TO GOUR.
IT'S TEN PAST ELEVEN.
IT'S TVENTY FIVE PAST EIGHT.
IT'S GUARTER PAST FIVE =to
IT'S SEVEN A CLOCK.
IT'S FIVE TO TWO
IT'SGUARTER PAST TEN
B. WHAT TIME IS IT? IT'S TWENTY FIVE TO SIX.
EXCUSE ME.WHAT TIME IS IT? SORRY.I DO'T KNOW.
EXCUSE ME, WHAT TIME IS IT.?IT'S HALF PAST THREE.
WHAT TIME IS IT?SORRY.I DO'T HEVE A WATCH. =doN't hAve
C I AM AN ACCAUNTANT AND WORK AT HERS COMPANY ''ZIPA'' =in/for the company "Zipa"
I START WORK AT NINE A CLOCK IN THE MORNING AND BACK WORK IN THE EVENING AT SIX A CLOCK.. I finish (to) work
THE COMPANY IS REGISTATION IN MY FLET, AND I WORK AT HOME. = registered - užregistrruota
BISCAUSE MY WORK IS AT HOME, I CAN EAT WHEN I WANT. .
I COMMUNICATE AND SPEAK A LOT WITH OTHER PEOPLE ON THE PHONE AT WORK.I USE A COMPUTER AND SEND A LOT OF EMAILS AT (=to) OTHER COMPANY.I DON'T USE ENGLICH AT WORKS, BECAUYSE I NOT ENDESTED (don't understand) TO ANSVER IN YOURS QUESTIONS ( :huh: I don't understand :silly: ).WEE USE A COMPIUTER AND IT CAN TRANSLATE IN TO LITHUANIAN.I LIKE MY JOB BICAUSE IT IS MY DREAM JOB.I AM of ageTO RETIRE = ,BAT I DON'T QUIT MY JOB.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 9 m. 2 sav. nuo Jurate.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 9 m. 2 sav. #1496 nuo Jurate
Nice job, Laimute. Check out your mistakes :)

More
prieš 9 m. 1 sav. - prieš 9 m. 1 sav. #1608 nuo Arunas
Arunas replied the topic: Ats: Job and Time: April the 30th
I'm a raw milk pasteurizer and cooler operator. I work for the company "Pieno Žvaigždės" ("Milk Stars" ) in a factory in Pasvalys. I start to work at six a clock in the evening and I finish work at six a clock in the morning. I pasteurized milk. I sit a lot of time at the computer and supervise the temperatures and pressures. I produced a mixture of cheese. I have twenty minutes for lunch. I speak a lot on the phone at work. The other peoples use English at my work. I think English is uniportant for my and my colleagues. I love my job. I would like to have their own fishing shop. I don't quit my job. No, I don't dream to retire.

I'm a raw milk pasteurizer and cooler operator. I work for the company "Pieno Žvaigždės" ("Milk Stars" ) in a factory in Pasvalys. I start to work at six o' clock in the evening and I finish work at six o' clock in the morning. I pasteurize milk. I sit a lot of time at the computer and supervise the temperatures and pressures. I make a mixture of cheese. I have twenty minutes for lunch. I speak a lot on the phone at work. The other people use English at my work. I think English is unimportant for me and my colleagues. I love my job. I would like to have my own fishing shop. I don't [color#ff0000]want to[/color] quit my job. No, I don't dream to retire.

to produce - aparatas gamina; to make - žmogus gamina

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 9 m. 1 sav. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 9 m. 1 sav. #1610 nuo Jurate
A very nice account, Arunas! Can you learn to tell it? I wish your dream about the fishing shop comes true! I think you would be a very good shop keeper!
would be [wu:d bi:] - būtum (tariamoji nuosaka); a shop keeper [šop ki:pe] - parduotuvės savininkas, šeimininkas.

Good luck at work. :) Cheers! :cheer:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.237 sekundžių