THURSDAY SPRING'17

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7156 nuo Little Angel
Little Angel replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
My favourite day of the week is Sunday, because it’s free time to me. In the morning I can get up early or late, it depends. After I have lunch at home. Usually I drink a cup of coffee caffeine-free, make porridge. I do housework. After I go out to the allotment, to meet with my friends. I like to be in the nature.

'After' is wrong; 'After that' is correct:
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. nuo Jurate.

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7157 nuo naujoke
naujoke replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
My favourite day of the week is Saturday, becouse in the morning I can to sleep long. Then I make breakfast and I go to the market or to the shops.
I often have lunch at home. On Saturday I don't make lunch, because it do my husbend =my husband does it. At a=that time I read the=a book, use the internet or do hausework.
In the evening I go to the park with my dog, or spend time at home. Sametimes I meet vith my friends. I go to beed abaut 11 ocloc'k.

because, with, about, o'clock :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7165 nuo agnaun
agnaun replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
My favourite day
1. My favourite day of the week is Friday, because it's the last workday.
2. I wake up at before eight o'clock, but mostly I stay in bed until about 9.30. In the morning I usually check E-mail, because I work at home and I have to follow news. To work at home is better because I can relax and I can be calm.
3. I usually have lunch at home because I work here. After lunch I usually continue my work or I do other activities.
4. In the evening I feel happy, because I can rest and I can engage in a favorite activity. I am calm, because tomorrow will be Saturday.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7166 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
Next time we meet on the first of June and we say goodbye for the summer holiday :woohoo:

Don't forget to write who is in.
Don't forget to bring a memory stick about 2 GB of free space :)

What to do at home?
Learn the rules about adverbs and expressions of frequency on the iTutor 4C. Do the exercises.
adverbs and expressions of frequency [frykansi] - dažnumo, pasikartojančių veiksmų išsireiškimai ir prieveiksmiai.

Do the exercises on page 28 in your Student Book

Read the last chapters 9 and 10 in the book about weddings. ( There are no audios to listen to :( )

4.Do you remember the facts from the book about weddings?
You can write a few (keletą) answers to these exercises on the Forum. But only if you have time and if you want.

Can you do this crossword? If your answers are correct you will get the word 'sužadėtuvės' in English :P

Are these sentences true or false? :unsure:

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7181 nuo Romualda
Romualda replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
answers to the exercises

crossword

1. Shoe
2. Wine
3. Ring
4. Father
5. Groom
6. Red
7. Muslim
8. Guests
9. Train
10. Best

True or false

a. True b. true c. false d. true e. false f. false

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7182 nuo Jurate
Excellent! :cheer: Romualda, you wrote all the answers right!

The other people can do the exercise bellow [bilou] (žemiau). But only if you want. It is not obligatory :)

Tekste yra 10 faktinių klaidų. Pirma jau pataisyta. Ar galite surasti kitas klaidas?

The following user(s) said Thank You: Janina

More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. - prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7187 nuo Janina
Janina replied the topic: THURSDAY SPRING'17
Long ago in Rome, the fathers of the bride and groom arranged the wedding between them. The bride needed to be twelve years old or more before she could get married. On the day of the wedding, the bride had flowers in her hair. A pronuba - a married woman friend - stood next to her at the ceremony.
In 1840, the British Queen Victoria married Prince Albert. She wore a white dress, and soon white dresses became very popular with brides. But other colours are popular in different countries. For example, a traditional Spanish bride wears an expensive black wedding dress. Men often wear dark colours.
There are different traditions around the world. In Russia, the couple drink three times from the same glass. In Cambodia, every guest ties a thread around the couple's hands. At a Jewish wedding, the groom breaks a glass with his foot; this brings good luck.
Special food is usually an important part of the reception after the wedding ceremony. A western wedding cake is usually white, with flowers and a little bride and groom on it. There is music and dancing too. Before the bride leaves the reception, she throws her wonderful flowers to the other young women at the party.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 6 m. 11 mėn. #7189 nuo Jurate
Wonderful! :kiss: This exercise was difficult for me. I forgot many facts from this book :)

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.249 sekundžių