2017 TUESDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6539 nuo Vilma
Vilma replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Pasvalys is my a hometown.I live and work in Pasvalys.Pasvalys is a small and old town in the North of Lithuania.In the center of the city there's a house of culture,a library,a museum.There are three schools,many market,a hospital,a supermarket and a sports home.In the city near the church, there is a big bridge.On the left of the bridge, there's a house grandfather.In this town there are three parks,three rivers .My husband is a fichermen,because my family like to seil the boat and fiching.At the veekends I like with my friends to cycle in the park.

Pasvalys is my _ hometown.I live and work in Pasvalys.Pasvalys is a small and old town in the North of Lithuania.In the center of the town there's a house of culture,a library,a museum.There are three schools,many supermarkets arba shops,a hospital,a supermarket and a sports house.In the town near the church, there is a big bridge.On the left of the bridge, there's a old people's home. In this town there are three parks,three rivers .My husband is a ficherman,because my family like to sail the boat and fishing.At the weekends I like _ to cycle in the park with my friends .

Jeigu 'with' - kelti į galą: I like to cycle in the park with my friends .
Jeigu 'and' - palikti pradžioje: I and my friends like to cycle in the park.
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6540 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Well done! But how to go to Pasvalys centre from your home? :cheer:

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6544 nuo elegna
elegna replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Angėlė's home town.I live in the countrycide in Pasvalys.Pasvalys is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia.There's a church, a post office, a sports centre,a four chemistes ,a culture centre, a museum, a libray ,a supermarket, a market, a restaurantes, a hospital and a hotel.There are three scools and theree parks.I go at work stright the Vilniaus street and I turn right.A hospital it a bridge over the river.I like my town,because , it's my hometown .

the countryside = užmiestis, kaimiška vietovė, todėl negali būti Pasvalyje (in Pasvalys), o tik prie Pasvalio (near Pasvalys)
einu tiesiai Vilniaus gatve : I go straight on=down=up the Vilnius Street

Angėlė's home town.I live in the countryside near Pasvalys. Pasvalys is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia.There's a church, a post office, a sports centre,_ four chemist's ,a culture centre, a museum, a library ,a supermarket, a market, a restaurant_, a hospital and a hotel.There are three scools and three parks.I go to work straight on the Vilniaus street and I turn right. The hospital is next to the bridge over the river. I like my town,because , it's my hometown .

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6560 nuo briediene
briediene replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My home town.
I live and work in Pasvalis,but I have very old and little house in the contry Dauenai.I love my flat my neigbours are good.Pasvalys is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia.Pasvalys is very green,tide and cosy.There are three parks and three rivers.I live near the Levuo river.My work is faif handred meters from my home,so I can fast to get to my work.Every thuasday I go to English lesson to the siti library.From Geliu street I turn left to Birzu street and go straiht,then I turn raiht to Vitauto place,where is the library.There is Sports Cente,I like swim there.In the cente of Pasvalys there is a museum,a church,a culture cente,a post office,a supermarket,a restauranta and cafe.I love my little town.

I live and work in Pasvalis,but I have a very old and little house in the country of Dauenai.I love my flat my neighbours are good.Pasvalys is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia.Pasvalys is very green,tidy and cosy.There are three parks and three rivers.I live near the Levuo river.My work is five hundred meters from my home,so I can _ get fast to my work.Every Tuesday I go to English lesson to the town library.From Geliu street I turn left to Birzu street and go straight on,then I turn right to Vitauto square ,where _ the library is.There is the Sports Center,I like to swim there.In the center of Pasvalys there is a museum,a church,a culture center,a post office,a supermarket,a restaurant_ and a cafe.I love my little town.

Wonderful! I like your homework :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6561 nuo DaliaK
DaliaK replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
I live and work in Pasvalys..about eight thousand people live in this town .
I think Pasvalys is a good place to live.In the center of the town there's a house of culture,a library ,a museum ,a church, a market .There are
market,a cheese factory a hospital , three schools.There are three parks and three rivers. I live in Liepu street near their work ,a factory Ustukiu malunas.Near my house there is big park.Summer here I ride a bicycle ..near my house is a river Levuo ..I swim there.

...There is a market,a cheese factory a hospital , three schools. ... I live in Liepu street near my work ,the factory 'Ustukiu malunas'. Near my house there is a big park. In Summer here I ride a bicycle ..The river Levuo is near my house_ _..I swim there.

Su pavadinimais nebūna artikelio 'a', tik 'the': the factory 'Ustukių malūnas (Ustukiai Millhouse) , the river Lėvuo.
a millhouse [mil hauz] - malūnas

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6568 nuo Gita
Gita replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Pasvalys is a city in the North of Lithuania. This is a small town near the border with Latvia. I think about seven thousant=d people live in this town. I live in Pasvalys too. In the centre of the town there is a beautiful square. The square is called Vytauto Didžiojo. There is a church, a library and a house of culture. Near the church there's a bridge. One the left of the bridge, there's theatre Klėtis and an old people's home.In the town there's a market, shops, schools, a museum, chemist's shops, a bookshop. The hospital is next to the bridge over the river. There's a cheese and a biofuel factories. Pasvalys is a green town because there are three rivers and parks. I like walking in parks and I like cycling in the countryside. I usually go shopping to "IKI" supermarket and the market at the weekend. Every Tuesday I go to the library because I'm studying English language. Sometimes I and my friends go to the cafė and in the house of culture. I think the weather in Pasvalys is great. In autumn and in spring it rains and it is windy. It is not hot in summer, but sometimes it is twenty nine degrees. In winter it snows not a lot and it is usually about minus ten degrees.
I think Pasvalys is a good places to live. It is tidy and green but the problem is that there's no job.
I live near the sports house in Vilties street. Go further Vilties street and turn left into Biržų street. Go straight on, turn right into Vilniaus street and I'm in the centre.

Fantastic! Kind regards! Pagarba! :silly:
It is windy - vėjuota, pučia vėjas / It snows - sninga...
Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. nuo Jurate.

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6570 nuo inga006
inga006 replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My home town
I live and work in Pasvalys.This is a small tawn in the North of Lithuania.There's a church,a post office,a spots centre,a culture centre,a museum,a supermarket,a market,a restaurantes,a hospital and a hotel.There are three schools,and three parks,and three kindergartens=nurseries,a bookshop.I usually go schopping to 'IKI' supermarket.I always walk or cycle in? (po?) the park of =with my son.I live near the sports house in Šermukšnių street.I go up into Taikos street,on the left a sports centre,on the right supermarket "IKI"I go down,on the left a bus station.I go straight on ,turn right into Vilniaus street and I'm in the centre.I like my town,becouse,It's my hometown.

I go up Taikos street,on the left there is The Sports Centre,on the right there's the supermarket "IKI". I go down,on the left there's the bus station. Einu Taikos gatve, kairėje yra Sporto Rūmai, dešinėje yra Iki prekybos centras. Einu toliau, kairėje yra autobusų stotis.

Thank you. 'A kindergarten' is correct, but people in the UK usually say 'a nursery' [nio/r/seri] :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6571 nuo drugelis
drugelis replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My hometown
I live in village Noriai, Pasvalys district, Ąžuolų street, but I have work in Pasvalys. Pasvalys is a small town in the North of Lithuania. She =It has the border with Latvia. Pasvalys is really good and cozy town. There's a culture centre, a museum, a library, a hospital, a church, a post office, a sport's school, hotel, three schools, a beautiful park and the small Smegduobės park. My work is in Avižonis street. I go shopping to Maxima because it is near my work. At weekends I am going to shopping in =to market. ('eiti į' yra 'go to')
Noriai is a small village. There's a small park and a little lake. When I go to the home after work, I like walking in the park with my dog. In summer I like cycling in this park. I love my village because there lives good and nice people live there ( There is /.There are = randasi. Su kitais veiksmažodžiais There nevartotinas.There are good and nice people - Ten yra gerų ir malonių žmonių. Good and nice people live there - Geri ir malonūs žmonės ten gyvena.)

Nice! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6572 nuo Azyra
Azyra replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
I live and work in Pasvalys. This is an old town in the North of Lithuania, situated 20 km southwest of Biržai and 38 km north of Panevėžys. Pasvalys town is near the border with Latvia. I live in near the Levuo river and in near parks. I have a small house there. Pasvalys is a great town. There‘s a market, a shops, a cheese factory, a hospital, three schools, chemist‘s shops, a bookshop. In the town centre there is a church, a library and a house of culture.
In summer, I go swimming, go to sunbathe, go playing basketball and go cycling. Our family go fishing or go walking in three parks. At the weekends I like to go out with my dog. Sometimes I and my friends go to Pasvalys s=Sports Centre.(anglų kalboje pavadinimuose visi žodžiai rašomi iš didžiųjų raidžių :) )
I usually go shopping to „Maxima“. There =It (this shop) is next to the museum to =in town center. I go up Nepriklausomybes street and turn right into P. Avižonio street and I‘m in the centre.
I love my town.

Great job! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6573 nuo ingcir
ingcir replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My home town is Biržai, but I live and work in Pasvalys. This is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia. Pasvalys is a market town 38 (km.) North of Panevėžys. The Pasvalio Šv. Jono Krikštytojo church is more than 230 years old, a 1787 building. It is open every day and is very beautiful. Next to The church there is a big bridge, from where you can see the spectacular view.
The Pasvalys In the south-west of Pasvalys there is a huge park with woods, views and walks. There is a=the hotel „Šilas“, but is that is the cafe often closed for private parties. The hotel is next to the lake "Šilo" and the view is very beautiful.
At Pasvalys to Mūša river flows Lėvuo and Pyvesa flow to Mūša river. Pasvalys given name of the city=Pasvalys name comes.../ ARBA Pasvalys is given its name... from the river Svalia. There is a spring called „Žaliasis šaltinis“ - 'The Green Spring'.
In the center of Pasvalys is Vytautas the Great Square, there’s a culture Center, three cafes, several food shops, clothes shops, stationery shops, a museum, a bank, a library and a hotel. At the Culture Center you can see the cinema and the theatre plays.
There is everything you need in the Vilniaus street and Taikos street. You will find chemists, police office, post office, bus station, bookshops, clothes shops, sports centre, hairdressing saloon=a hairdresser's shop. The town has four big supermarkets.
Pasvalys Famous=f... P=peoples is =are Kazys Saja, Writer; Petras Vileišis, Lithuanian public and political figure=activist; Bernardas Braždžionis, poet; Petras Avižonis, doctor.
After work and at the weekends I like walking in parks and I like to swim at Pasvalys Sports Centre. I usually go shopping to 'IKI' supermarket. Sometimes I and my friends go to the restaurant "Kulta". We have birthday and New Year parties there.
How to get to Pasvalys centre from my home? I live in Joniškėlio street. It is very near to the centre. Go up Joniškėlio street and turn right into Stoties street. Go straight on into Vilnius street and you're in the centre!

So so great! I'm without words! Thank you! :woohoo:
Remember the order of words: objects go first(1) and verbs go after(2).
For instance:
At Pasvalys to Mūša river flows Lėvuo and Pyvesa= At Pasvalys (1:)Lėvuo and Svalia (2:) flow to Mūša River
Prisiminkite žodžių tvarką: pirma eina daiktai, paskui seka veiksmažodžiai. Pavyzdžiui: Prie Pasvalio (1:)Lėvuo ir Svalia (2:)teka į Mūšos upę.
Yra, randasi = There is/ There are:
The church is a big bridge = Next to the church there is a big bridge ARBA: A big bridge is next to the church

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6575 nuo Jurate
Hello, dear Tuesday students! Do you like the cold winter weather in Pasvalys? :cheer:

When you are warm and aren't busy, please do the homework for the 14th of February. We will meet on Valentine's day! :woohoo:
Valentine's day [Valentainz dei] - Valentino diena.

1. Please do the exercises from the photocopies:
1 pratimas - įrašykite tinkamas formas: (1) there is/are (2) there isn't/aren't (3) Is/Are there?
2 pratimas - sustatykite žodžius, kad susidarytų klausimai
3 pratimas - Parašykite klausimus ir atsakymus. Panaudokite žodelius 'some' ('kažkiek' teiginiuose) ir 'any' ( 'jokių' ir 'kiek nors' klausimuose ir neiginiuose)

5 pratimas:
Paskaitykite apie Beno namą ir atsakykite į klausimus:

6 pratimas: Papildykite sakinius tais žodžiais.
7 pratimas: Sudėliokite žodžius teisinga tvarka.

8 pratimas: Parašykite teisingus sakinius. Panaudokite didžiąsias raides, taškus ir varnelę '
9 pratimas: Perrašykite tuos sakinius (tiesiog pasipraktikuoti, kad geriau rašytųsi :) )

2. If you want, you can do exercises on iChecker - --> Writing Support (Tikrintojas ---> Rašybos pagalba)

Choose ([ču:z] - pasirinkite) Writing ---> Module 7 and 8

Do acitivities 1,2,3,4 (Padarykite užsiėmimus 1,2,3,4. Paspauskite mygtuką ► ir spausdinkite žodį, kurį girdite)

3. Please, watch video 8 about Amsterdam.
Write on the Forum about your favourite town or city
[/size](but not Pasvalys)

1. Where is this town/city?
2. Do you often visit it? Do you want to visit it?
3. What is the best wat to go to this city from Pasvalys? By car? By bus? By train? By boat? By plane? [bai plein] (lėktuvu?)
4. What can people see in this town/city? Are there any beautiful views or parks, famous monuments or buildings?
5. Where can people go to eat? What do you recommend? [rekomend] (rekomenduojate)
6. Where can people stay? [stei] (apsistoti) Are there any hotels or campings?
7. What is the best way to go around in the city? By bike, by bus or trolley-bus, by taxi?
to go around=to go round - susisiekti mieste, keliauti iš vietos į vietą

Jurate's favourite city
My favourite city is Berlin. Berlin is the capital city of Germany and it is in the middle of Germany. Berlin is famous all over the World. People from various countries come to live there, a lot of tourists come to visit there. Over 3 million people live in Berlin. It is the size of the population in Lithuania! The best way to get to Berlin from Lithuania is to take a plane ( [tiu teik e plein] sėsti į lėktuvą) from Riga, from Kaunas or from Vilnius.

I know Berlin, because I was ([uoz] buvau) there one time (vieną kartą). I love Berlin because there are a lot of interesting things to see, a lot of places to visit. It is big, but very tidy, very clean and very safe. People are very friendly and they speak good English. In the centre of Berlin there are a lot of cozy small parks, a wonderful avenue of lime trees ( [laim tryz] - liepos medžiai, liepos). A lot of small shops, bars and cafes are in the city centre. The food is delicious, not very expencive and very fresh. You can find a cafe where you pay only for the entrance ([entrans] - įėjimas) and you can eat everything you want [evry thing ju: uant] - viską, ką nori) in the cafe.

Berlin has a lot of comfortable ([kamfa/r/tabl] - patogus) and cheap hotels, but it is difficult to get a room because there are a lot of tourists and business people from other cities. You have to reserve ([rezio/r/v] - užsisakyti) a hotel room in advance ([in advans] - iš anksto). Berlin never sleeps. Supermarkets close at ten PM, but night pubs and clubs are open . People eat, dance and have fun ([he:v fan] linksminasi) at night.

In Berlin centre there is an amazing ([emeizing] - nuostabus) modern monument to The Second World War ([sekond uold uo] - antras pasaulinis karas). Next to this monument, there is a huge Berlin Art Museum. The museum is very big, so one day is too short to visit it. There are famous paintings, there are old objects from Rome, from Greece and from Egypt [ydžipt] (Egipto). There is a sculpture of Nefertiti, the queen of Egypt. Nefertiti's sculpture is very beautiful, but people can't take photos of this sculpture. They can buy postcards with Nefertite in the museum shop. I like Berlin Museum, but I think the tickets are too expensive - one ticket is twenty euros.

Far from Berlin centre there is Berlin Zoo ([zu:] zooparkas). It is very big, one day is too short to see everything in this zoo. Exotic [igzotik] birds fly [flai] (skraido) free in Berlin Zoo. Tickets are expensive there, one ticket is about ten euros.

A lot of people cycle in Berlin, there are bycicle paths all around Berlin. But for a tourist the best way to go around Berlin is to take a tram or a metro. They aren't expensive. You can go by tram to Berlin Wall, to Berlin Zoo or to Berlin Railway Station. In the railway station area there are a lot of Turkish shops, they sell Turkish food, Turkish clothes and jewellery ([džiu-elri] papuošalus).

I recommend to visit Berlin to everyone ([evri uon] visiems)! :cheer:

Here's Nefertiti in Berlin Museum:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6586 nuo elegna
elegna replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Angėlė's favourite city.My favourite city is Andora.Andora is the capital city of Andora.A lot of tourists come to visit there.I wase there one time.Andora is near the border with France and Spain.The weather is never too cold or too hot.Andora is a lot mountains in between.There are good restaurants,hotels, museums,supermarkets because there are a lot of tourists, but there arent's=isn't a railway station.There are French and Spanich restaurants.I recomend to visit Andora because I live it city. :) :) :)

Andora is in between a lot of mountains. - Andora yra tarp daugybės kalnų... I recommend to visit Andora because I love this city (arba: because I love it. )

Great! I don't know Andora. But now I know Andora is in Europe, because of your homework :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6602 nuo Vilma
Vilma replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My favourite city is Amsterdam.I know Amsterdam,because I was there on time.Amsterdam is the capital city of Nytherlands.The city is famous for flowers market,canals,bicycles and houseboat.There are royal theatres,beautiful cinemas and great restaurants.The busiest museum in Amsterdam is the Van Gogh.
People and lot of tourists from various countries come to visit there. Amsterdam has amazing and cheap hotels,but food there is expensive.In this city there are 160 canals,because best way to go around the city,by bike.There are about 500,000 bicycles in the city.Amsterdam's nice paths are red in colour.There is a bicycle parking station.Many of the streets are narrow.
Amsterdam newer sleeps,because night pubs and clubs are open.Many young people come to have fun on the weekends.

... I was there one time. Amsterdam is the capital city of the Netherlands.The city is famous for flowers market,canals,bicycles and houseboats.... People and a lot of tourists from various countries come to visit there. ... In this city there are 160 canals, but the best way to go around the city is by bike.... .Amsterdam's nice paths are red __. ....Amsterdam never sleeps,because night pubs and clubs are open...

Very well! :cheer:
'Takai yra raudonos spalvos' - The paths are red / The paths are colour red / The paths are painted red (nudažyti raudonai)
on the weekends - In the USA people say 'on' and in the UK people say 'at the weekends'

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6605 nuo Gita
Gita replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My favourite city is Tallinn. Tallinn is the capital city of Estonia. It's on the norf=th coast of the country, south of=from(nuo) Helsinki, east of =from Stockholm. Tallinn it is one of the oldest capital cities of Northern Europe. I know Tallinn, because I was there three times. There are a lot of places to visite.
Tallinn has three parts: the Toompea or Cathedral Hill, the Old Town and the Estonian town. This=These (dgs.) are wonderful places and amazings builldings. The Toompea is called Upper Town. There are the medieval Toompea Castle ( today the Estonian Parliament ) the Russian Orthodox Cathedral also known as the Dome Church. The Lower Town is one of the best medieval towns in Europe. There are the Town Hall square, the City Wall, St Olaf 's Cathedral and the Church of the Holy C=Ghost, ( [goust] - dvasia, vaiduoklis)
Far from Tallinn centre there is the Kadriorg park. This park is 2 kilometres from the city centre. There is Palaces of Peter the Great, now there is the Art Museum of Estonia. Next to the Pirita river is the Botanic Gardens and the Tallinn TV Tower.
I love Tallinn because there are a lot of interesting things to see. A lot of tourists come to visit the Estonian History Museum, the Estonian Maritime Museum. The Estonians have the biggest collections of folk songs, so the Song Festival is one of the largest choral events. I recommend to visit Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival. A lot of cafes and bars are in the city centre. The food is very frec=sh and is delicious. A =The traditional food are=is rye bread, pork, potatoes , cabbage and a popular drink is called Vana Tallinn.
Tallinn has comfortable hotels but there are a lot of people. The best way to go around Tallinn is by bus, a trolley-bus, a tram.
So Tallinn is very beautiful and interesting. The best way to get to Tallinn from Pasvalys is by bus.

Thank you so much. It is a very good homework and you write very well. :)
1 Rūmai, Sodai - lietuviškai yra daugiskaita, o angliškai - vienaskaita (kai turima omeny ne kolektyviniai sodai, o vieša lankytina vieta): "Palace", "Garden" (Buckingham Palace and Covent Garden in London).
2 The traditional food is... - "tradicinis maistas" yra neskaičiuotinas daiktavardis - neturi dgs. ir artikelio 'a' ... artikelis 'a' iš tiesų reiškė 'vienas' senovinėje anglų kalboje
3 by bus, trolley-bus, tram - nes su 'by' (kuo? kokiu būdu?) artikelio nereikia

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6606 nuo briediene
briediene replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
I like meny cites,but the best favourite s=city now is Kelowna in British Columbia in Canada.It's on the South West of the country.
In the Central is Okanagan Valley.Kelowna stands at the midway poind=t of Okanagan lake,the=is lake's long =lenght is one hundread twenty kilometres.
Round the sity there are spectacular mountains.Kelowna is an attractive holiday diestination in Canada.Kelowna is also a=the hearth of vine region of Okanagan,famous with its vine yards and orchards.In Summer time you are able to enyona=enjoy great weather and water activities on Okanagan lake.Also Kelowna is y=just have an hour dreve (=drive) from the ski resort of Big White so it's an attractive and fun place to be in winter as well
Kelowna has a lot of comfortable hotels and cheap motels.I la=ike Kelowna,because there are a lot places to viz=sit.People are very friendli=y.The Sity (=City) is very green.There are a lot of cozy parks, a wonderful avenue of maple trees.There are a lot of small shops,bars and cafes.Food is very deliciouns.There are exciting events and things to do for all ages and interests.

Wonderful! :cheer:
Apie ilgį (lenght) galima sakyti:
1. This lake's lenght is one hundred twenty kilometres (Šio ežero ilgis yra 120 km)...
2. This lake is one hundred twenty kilometres long (Šis ežeras yra 120 km ilgio)

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6615 nuo Jurate
What is the best way to get from Lithuania to Canada? Is it by ship or by plane?

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6619 nuo inga006
inga006 replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Inga's favourite city-Vilnius
My favourite city is Vilnius.Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania and it's (-its = jos, Lietuvos) largest city.I worked in Vilnius many years ago but now I visit it sometimes.The best way to go to this city from Pasvalys is by car.There are a lot of places where people can go in Vilnius.For example,Gediminas tower,the cathedral,three crosses (=the Three Crosses),television tower (T..T...) ,gediminas avenue,Užupis.There are a lot of parks,for example,Bernardinu garden,Vingis park.Also there are a lot of restaurants,cafes where people can eat or just drink a cup of coffe.I recommend to go to the Grill London,Makaronų namai,Jurgis ir drakonas.For me these places are perfect.Everybody can find where they want to stay because there are a lot of hotels.There are very expensive or really cheap hotels.The best way to go ara=ound in the city are by public or tourist transports.Also when the weather is nice you can go by bike or just walk.

Very good! :cheer:
In English names all words start with capital letters (angliškuose pavadinimuose visi žodžiai prasideda iš didžiųjų): Vingis Park, Bernardinu Garden, The Three Crosses, Pasta House (Makaronų namai), George and The Dragon...

More
prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 2 mėn. #6625 nuo drugelis
drugelis replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
My favourite city is Ryga. It is Latvia's capital city. Over 700 000 people live in Ryga. I know this city because I was there a lot of times. We reach Ryga with =in our car. A lot of tourists comes to visit Latvia's capital city. There are a lot of museums, hotels and small motels, restaurans, theatres, cafes. There are =is Ryga's Zoo. It is the biggest Zoo in Baltia's=c countries.
There are 800 churches. There are a lot of bridges. Through the Ryga's city flowings the big river Dauguva. Ryga has a harbour. People who lives next to the sea usually likes fishing.
Ryga has cozy parks. In the summer you can enjoy running and in the winter time you can skiing here. There are golf places=courses [ko/r/siz] too.
Ryga's old town is really beautiful and here are a lot of small shops, cafes and galleries.
At Christmas Ryga's city is amazing. My family loves that city.

That's a great job! :)
in our car - mes lietuviai sakome 'su savo mašina', bet anglai visada 'in our car'
the Baltic [boltik] countries, the Baltic states [boltic steits] = Baltijos šalys, valstybės... This is how Americans and Brits call us.
'you can ski' - galima slidinėti (su 'can' nereikia galūnės -ing)
'People who live next to the sea like fishing'- su jie = they nereikia 's' galūnės. Reikėtų, jei būtų vienaskaita jis, ji =he, she, it
golf places = vietos golfui is OK, but there is a word in English: 'golf courses = golfo aikštynai
the biggest = didžiausias. Aukščiausio laipsnio būdvardžiai anglų kalboje yra su 'the': the smallest (mažiausias), the cheapest (pigiausias),...

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.469 sekundžių