2017 TUESDAY

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6452 nuo student
student replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
A present for my friend
I want to buy a present for my friend from Alfie 's.I don't now what to buy,maybe a dress ,maybe a ring,maybe a hat ,maybe a book .But I buy a colorful a dress with a big flowers and very light This dress a very very beautiful and that dress isn't expensive.
Flowers ,wine and kiss to you my friend!

Hey, I love the ending! :lol:

Nevartokite 'a' artikelio su daugiskaita: with big flowers
Vartokite artikelį tik vienąkart ir prieš būdvardį: a colorful dress

...I don't know what to buy,maybe a dress ,maybe a ring,maybe a hat ,maybe a book .But I buy a colorful __ dress with __ big flowers and very light This dress is __ very very beautiful and that dress isn't expensive.
Flowers ,wine and a kiss to you my friend!

Paskutinis taisymas: prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. nuo Jurate.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jurate

Please Prisijungti to join the conversation.

• Jurate
  • Jurate avataras Topic Author
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6454 nuo Jurate
Jurate replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Artikelis paprastai eina:
a /arba the + būdvardis + daiktavardis vienaskaitoje (a warm day, a happy child, a beautiful mother and a big picnic)

Artikelio 'a' nebelieka daugiskaitoje (warm days, happy children, beautiful mothers and big picnics)

Daugiskaitoje vartojamas 'the', jei tie patys dalykai minimi nebe pirmą kartą (on the warm days the beautiful children with the happy mothers have the big picnics)

Please, play GAMES! Let's practice English online together! :)
edukacija.psvb.lt/forumas/10-forum-games-chat

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6463 nuo Jurate
Dear students,
Here's your homework for next Tuesday, for the 31th of January. See you in the classroom!

Remember the rules about 'There is', 'There are'
(look on page 127 in your Student book)
Prisiminkite taisykles apie 'Yra':
(+) There is =There's / There are=There're YRA
(-) There is not = There isn't / There are not = There aren't NĖRA
(?) Is there ...? / Are there ... ? AR YRA...?

Remember the rules about 'some', 'any'
(look on page 127 in your Student book)
(+) (?) some water = (ŠIEK TIEK) vandens
(-) (?) any water = JOKIO (-), KIEK NORS (?) vandens
Anna : I want some juice! Do we have some juice in this home?
-Aš noriu sulčių! Ar turime (šiek tiek) sulčių šiuose namuose?
Peter: Yes, there is some orange juice in the fridge.
Taip, yra (šiek tiek) apelsinų sulčių šaldytuve.
Anna: But is there any apple juice?
-Bet ar yra nors kiek obuolių sulčių?
Peter: No, there isn't any. I can go to the shop and buy some!
-Ne, nėra. Galiu nueiti į parduotuvę ir kiek nors nupirkti!
Do exercises on pages fourty six, fourty seven and fourty eight (46,47 and 48) in Workbook:

Do theses extra ([ekstra] papildomus) exercises:

A.
Write negative (-), positive (+) sentences and questions (?) with 'There are' / 'There is'

Parašykite neigiamus, teigiamus sakinius ir klausimus su 'yra'

Exemple (Pvz.) : a - TV - in - the - bedroom (-) = There isn't a TV in the bedroom.

1 a - shower - in - the - bathroom (?)
2 some - books - in - the - living room (+)
3 any - eggs - in - the - fridge (?)
4 any - mugs - in - the - kitchen (-)
5 a - dictionary - in - my - bag (+)
6 three euros - in - the drawer (+)
7 any money - on - your credit card (-)

B.
Write IN, ON, UNDER, NEXT TO
. Jei tinka keli, pasirinkite, kuris jums labiau patinka :)
asleep [esli:p] - užmigęs;

Write on the forum about the rooms in your home

Remember the words:
a wall [ uol] - siena; the floor [flo:] - grindys; a window [uindou] - langas; a windowsill [uindou sil] palangė; a door [do:] - durys; the ceiling [syling] - lubos; a closet [klouzit] - sieninė spinta, sandėliukas; a cupboard [kabad] - spinta, spintelė; on the chair [/b] - ant kėdės; in (!) the armchair - ant (!) fotelio; a children's room - vaikų kambarys ; a balcony [balkoni] - balkonas; on (!) the balcony - balkone; a corridor [korido:] a hall [ho:l], a hallway [holuei] - koridorius; a rack [rea:k] - kabykla su kabliukais; a holder[reil] - laikytuvas, kabykla iš skersinių (to hold - laikyti) ; a shelf, shelves [šelf, šelvz] - lentyna, lentynos; shoe cabinet [šū ke:binet] - batų dėžė; a washing machine [uošing mašyn] - skalbimo mašina.

1. How many rooms are there in your home?
2. What are these rooms?
3. What furniture is there in your rooms?
4. Where do you usually have dinner? Where do you use the computer? Where do you usually have a party?
5. What do you like in your home? What don't you like? Why?

Rooms in Jurate's flat.
There are two rooms in my flat: my mother's room or the living room, and my room. There is a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet in my flat too. My mother's room is big and it has a balcony. In this room there's my mother's bed, two tables ,two cupboards, two armchairs and a chair, a TV and a big flower in a pot ([pot] - puodas, vazonas). One table is big, it is a dinning table and it is in the centre of the room. The other table is small, the TV is on this small table. There are always newspapers and magazines next to the TV. Our cat sleeps in the armchair or on the balcony.
My room isn't big. There is a sofa where I sleep, there's a big old cupboard for my clothes and books and there's a small cupboard next to my bed. My laptop is on this cupboard. When I have free time, I sit on my sofa and I use my laptop.
Our bathroom isn't big. There's a bath with a sink and a holder for towels [[tauelz] - rankšluosčiams).
Our washing machine is in the kitchen. There's a cooker too next to the sink. There's a big closet next to the kitchen door, a table with two chairs and a fridge next to the table. There are three cupboards too. Under the table, there's my cat's plate with food on the floor.
There aren't any pictures on the walls in our rooms. There aren't any rugs or carpets on the floor in our flat. But there's a mirror in our hall. When we have parties, we sit at the dinning table in my mother's room. My mother likes to have her lunch and dinner in her room and watch TV. I usually have lunch and dinner in the kitchen. I like our flat because it is comfortable and clean. I don't like the cooker and the sink in our kitchen. They are old. We plan to buy new ones.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6469 nuo Gita
Gita replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Gita's flat
There are three rooms in my flat: a living room, a bedroom and a children's room. There is a hall, a kitchen and a bathroom in my flat too. The living room is big. In this room there's a big sofa, a table, a commode and two flowers in pots. There is a TV on wall. The picture is on wall too. A white and fluffy carpet is under the table. My bedroom isn't big. There is a bed and a cupboard. There are two small tables for my books. This room has a balcony. There are two chairs and a small table. Certainly there are flowers in the summer. The chlidren's room is big. There's a bed where my daughter sleeps, there's a big cupboard for her clothes and a desk. In this room there are a lot of photographs a lot. There is a flower on the windowsill. I usually water it. Our kitchen isn't big. There are four chairs,a table, a fridge,a cooker and cupboards. Our washing machine is in the kitchen too. There're basils, thymes and a small laurel tree on the windowsill.. I like my kitchen, because I love cooking. We usually have lunch in our kitchen, but we have dinner in the living room and we wach TV. Our bathroom isn't big. There's a shower,a cupboard with a sink and a mirror. There'is a holder for towels. A rug is on the floor. A big mirror is in our hall on the closet.
I like our flat, because it is clean and comfortable. I don't like a =the toilet,because there'is cold. :)

Great great job! I love it :cheer: It is cold in my toilet too! I think it is because of the ventilation [ventileišn].

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6470 nuo elegna
elegna replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Angele's flat.There are three rooms in my flat;a living room ,a bedroom ,a kitchen, a bathroom and a closet.The living room is big it has a balcony.In this room there's a table, two armchairs,a TV ,a desk.Under a desk there's some magazines and next to there's a laptop.My bedroom isn't big.There is a bed,a cupboard and a rug.There is flower on windouwsill.My kitchen is small.In this room there's kitenen unit,but isn't any a rug.Our bathroom isn't big.There's a mirror,a shower , a toilet and a lamp.I like our flat,because it is clean and tidy.

...On the desk there are some magazines and next to them there's a laptop....There is a flower on the windowsill.My kitchen is small.In this room there's a kitchen unit,but there isn't any __ rug.

That's a good job! :)
1.under- po, on - ant : On the desk, there are some magazines and under the desk, there is a rug (Ant stalo yra žurnalų, o po stalu yra kilimas)
2. Pirmąkart minint daiktą vartoti 'a', o antrąkart - 'the' (...there's a desk. On the desk, there are some magazines... Stovi stalas. Ant (to) stalo yra žurnalų. )
3.su "any" ir "some" artikelių nereikia ("there isn't any rug"- nėra jokio kilimo)

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6474 nuo Vilma
Vilma replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Elvyra's house.
There are three rooms in my house: my child's room , a bedroom and a living room.There is a kitchen,a toilet and a bathroom.My child's room is small,but it has a big window.In this room is a bed,a desk,two chairs and a chest of drawers. On the desk there is a computer.My and my husband's bedroom is big.In this room there is a large bed,a cupboard and two small tables next to we=the bed .There are two armchairs and on the wall hung a large mirror is hung.Our living room is great also.There is a sofa,two armchairs and a dinning table with six chairs. In this room we have party=ies and meet with my friends.I and my family usually have dinner in the kitchen.There is a small table,four chairs, at the wall there is a fridge.There are five cupboards too.I like our house,because it is comfortabe. In this house there is a large balcony and it has a sammer=summer terrace .

Great!
Don't forget to use 'a' and 'it' or 'there' :)
A mirror is hung = Kabo veidrodis. Anglų kalboje , kai ne klausimas, visada pirma eina daiktavardis, o paskui veiksmažodis.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6475 nuo Jurate
Truputį apie komodą:
'a commode' is antique and 'a chest of drawers' is modern (komoda yra senovinė, o šiuolaikinė yra 'a chest of drawers'='spinta su stalčiais')

Apie kilimus:
a carpet, a rug - kilimas
a mat [me:t] - kilimėlis
Sorry for my mistake! :blush:

Here you can see more words about furniture (Čia galite pamatyti daugiau žodžių apie baldus):
edukacija.psvb.lt/forum/21-vocabulary-to.../1716-furniture#5569

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6494 nuo inga006
inga006 replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Inga's flat
There are two rooms in my flat.There is a kitchen,and a bathroom in my flat too.My living room isn't small and it has a balcony.In this room there's a big sofa,a table,two cupboards,a commode of=with three drawers.There is a TV on the wall.Also there is a painting by my mother.There are flowers on windowsill.My bedroom isn't big.There is a bed and next to it two cupboards.On these cupboards there are le(a)mps.There is a closet by one wall.Our bathroom isn't big too.There's a washing machine and a shower.Our kitchen is small.There's a fridge next to the kitchen's door.There are four chairs and a table in the centre of the room.Also there are cupboards, a sink,a gas stove by the wall too.In my hallway there are=is a mirror,the schoe cabinet and a holder.There is a big ra=ug on the floor by the door.I like our flat because it is comfortable and clean.

Great! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6496 nuo DaliaK
DaliaK replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Dalia s house

There are three rooms and a hall and a kitchenand a bathroom in my house.A big mirror is in our hall and there are more flowers in pots.In the bedroom there are two beds and there is big cupboord and two small tables next to the bed .This room has a balcony,In the living room there are is a sofa two amchairs and a small table and one TV.There are flowers on the windowsils.,,the picture is on the wall.Here we drink coffee and watching TV,,here I knitting.
In the kitchen there are=is a big table ,four chairs and a fridge and a kitchen unit ,,a sink .I have lunch and dinner in the kitchen.In my house there is my mother's room mothers.There are =is a bed and a cupboard ,and a table .On the table there are newspapers.

Nice! :) Jei randasi vienas daiktas: There is a table.../ Jei daug daiktų - There are tables.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6501 nuo Azyra
Azyra replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Migle's house.
Hello. I and my family live in the =a house. Our house isn‘t big but it is very nice. It has got two floors - a ground floor and a first floor. It has also an big terrace.
On the ground floor there is the =a small hall, the =a kitchen, a living room, a bedroom, an office and a bathroom too.
On the first floor there is one big children‘s room and a closet.
I love my office, but I also like the terrace. My office isn‘t big. There is one desk, a chair and there‘s a big cupboard for my and my husband‘s cards. There are a lot of books a lot. On the desk there is a computer.
The living room isn‘t big. In this room there is a bed, one table, four chairs and a TV on wall. Our bedrooms isn't big. There is a bed and over a hundred years old chest of drawers.
Our kitchen is big. There‘s a big closet next to the living room, a table, a cooker and cupboards. Our a fridge is in the closet. Our family always have lunch and dinner in the living rooms.
Our bathrooms isn‘t big. There‘s a shower, a cupboard with a mirror and a sink. There‘s a toilet too.
My children likes playing. They have a big room. In this room there are two bed, two tables, chairs and cupboard next to the door. I love my house. It‘s very comfortable and cozy.

Wonderful ! :cheer: I especially like the phrase 'over a hundred years old chest of drawers'. :)
Kai kambarys vienas - be 's' gale : Our bedroom isn't big... We have lunch and dinner in the living room...
Kai vns. daiktas minimas pirmą kartą - reikia artikelio 'a'. Kai daiktas minimas antrą kartą - 'the' : I live in a house (pirmas kartas)... there is a small hall (pirmas kartas)...

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6503 nuo drugelis
drugelis replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Edita's house.
There are four rooms in my house: a living room, a bedroom, do (=a)ughter's and son's rooms. There is a kichen, a shower, a toilet and dress room in my house too. My living room is big. Next to the door there are two lamps and mirror hungs(o dar geriau: hanging - kabantys). There is a fireplace and some cupboards next to the wall. There is a clock on the wall. There is a table and a big sofa in the centre of the room. There are four paintings on the walls.
In our bedroom there are two windows, a bed, TV on a commode and one cupboard. On that cupboard there are magazines and photos.
My son's room is comfortable. There is a sofa, a desk, a chair and a cupboard. Under a=the chair there is a mat. On the desk there are some books, pens, notebooks and my son's xbox.
My daughter's room. There is a sofa, a desk, a chair and a cupboard too. On the desk there is a lot of books and a computer. On windowsills there are a lot of flowers. On a =the walls there are a lot of photos, medals and pictures from puzzles=puzzle pictures.
Our kichen. There is=are six cupboards, four chairs, a table, a fridge, a cooker and a sink. On the cupboard next to the window there are flowers and a box of tea. On the wall there is a painting (a present from our family friend). Our washing machine is in the kichen too. There are =is a toilet and a shower next to the kichen.
The Dressing room isn't big but it is comfortable to change the clothes.
We celebrate our parties in the living room because it is big.
I really like our house because it is big, comfortable, clean and really cozy.

And I really like your stories because they are nice to read :)
hung [hang]- pakabinta(s), pakabinti (-os); hanging [henging] - kabanti(s), kabantys (-čios)
Anglų kalboje dažniau vartojama 'hanging', bet galima vartoti abu: There are photos and a mirror hung (hanging) on the wall - Yra nuotraukos ir veidrodis pakabinti (kabantys) ant sienos.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6504 nuo briediene
briediene replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Nina's flat.
There are two rooms in my flat:a living room,and bedroom.There is a hall,a kitchen,bathroom.There is living room is big,it has a balkoni.In this room there is a sofa and two armchaers,on the sofa and in the armchaers bigs pillows.,a table,a TV, flowers in pots, a desk.On the desk there's a laptop,magazins,books,dictionary,photographs my granddaughters.There ar two a big paintings and a clok on the wall.This room has a balkoni.There is a cupbaord with a miroor,a small cafe table and two chaers.I like have a cup of cafe in my balkoni.I like a flowers,because Ihave a lot flowers.My bedroom isn't big.There is a bed,two small tables,two lampes,a TV.Our kitchen isn't big.There is a big fridge,a cocker, a sink,a table,four chaers and a cupbaords.Out bathroom isn't big.There is a shower,a washing mashine,a cupbaord with a sink

There are two rooms in my flat:a living room,and a bedroom.There is a hall,a kitchen, a bathroom.There is a living room, it is big,it has a balcony.In this room there is a sofa and two armchairs,big pillows on the sofa and in the armchairs,a table,a TV, flowers in pots, a desk.On the desk there's a laptop,magazines,books,a dictionary,photographs of my granddaughters.There are two _ big paintings and a clock on the wall.This room has a balcony.There is a cupbaord with a mirror,a small coffee table and two chairs.I like to have a cup of coffee in my balcony.I like _ flowers,that's why I have a lot of flowers.My bedroom isn't big.There is a bed,two small tables,two lamps,a TV.Our kitchen isn't big.There is a big fridge,a coocker, a sink,a table,four chairs and _ cupbaords.Our bathroom isn't big.There is a shower,a washing mashine,a cupbaord with a sink

This is a very good description [deskripšn] aprašymas of your flat. I love it! :cheer:

that's why - todėl: I love flowers that's why I have a lot of flowers. Man labai patinka gėlės, todėl turiu daug gėlių.
because - nes: I love flowers because they are beautiful . Man labai patinka gėlės, nes jos yra gražios.

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6511 nuo aina
aina replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
There are two rooms in my flat: a living room, bedroom. There is a kitchen, a balthroom. The living room is big. In this room there's a table, a sofa, a TV, a compiuter. The bedroom is the a bed, acupboord. The kitchen is a fridge, a table, chairs, a sink, kitchen unit. The bathroom is a bath, a mirror, a toilet. I'm love my flat.

There are two rooms in my flat: a living room, bedroom. There is a kitchen, a balthroom. The living room is big. In this room there's a table, a sofa, a TV, a computer. There's a bed, a cupboard in the bedroom. There's a fridge, a table, chairs, a sink, a kitchen unit in the kitchen. There is a bath, a mirror, a toilet in the bathroom. I love my flat.

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6513 nuo Jurate
Thank you everyone! See you tomorrow. B)

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6514 nuo student
student replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Danguole' s flat
There are three rooms in my flat a living room ,a bedroom ,a children's room ,a kitchen ,a bathroom ,toilet .My living room is a big .In this room there's a big sofa ,a table ,a big armchair ,a TV and a big old sekcija :ohmy: = cupboard! .My bedroom is a small,there's a big bed a cupboards ,a light ,a rug ,a TV on the walls there 're many butterflyes.My children's room is small ,but in this room I live and sleep and work with my handicrafts .rankdarbiai (correct).In this room there is a sofa ,a desk ,a light ,a loptop ,one chair ,a cammode (=o) ,a blue carpet blue ,on the wall a oclock and a photo .I have and scales .In the kitchen there is a fridge ,a cooker ,a sink ,
a kitchen unit .I like our flat .It's very cute =nice/ cozy and comfortable.

cute [kju:t] - meilutis - tik gyvoms būtybėms :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6515 nuo agnaun
agnaun replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Agne's flat.
There are two rooms in my flat: the bedroom and the living room. There is a kitchen, a pantry, a bathroom and a toilet in my flat too.
The bedroom isn't very big but it has a balcony. In this room there's small table with a TV, a lamp, two beds, two desks and two chairs too. There is a shelf on the walls (one wall or several (kelių) walls?) with some books and there is a big cupboard. There are four flower pots on the windowsill.
The living room is big. In this room there's a sofa, a table, a small table, a desk, four small cupboards, a chair, a cupboard, a computer and a lot of flowers in a pot. One table is big, it is a dinning table and it is next to the sofa. The other table is average size, the computer, the printer are on the average size table. There is also a big bookcase and there are a lot of pictures on the walls.
The kitchen isn't very big. There's a fridge next to the table, four chairs, six cupboards, three small shelves a sink and a cooker. A cooker is opposite the table. One cupboard is between the cooker and the sink. There is a picture on the wall. I usually have breakfast, lunch and dinner at =in the kitchen. (su kambariais visada in)
Our pantry isn't big. There are the many unused things. (su many, some artikelio dažniausiai nereikia)
Our bathroom also isn't big. There's a bath with a sink, some small shelves, two small cupboards, a mirror and a holder for towels.
Our flat isn't very big but it's very comfortable. I love my flat and I'm glad with it.

Wonderful! Fantastic! So few mistakes! :cheer:

More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6516 nuo ingcir
ingcir replied the topic: 2017 TUESDAY
Rooms in Inga's flat.
There are two rooms in my flat: my daughter's room and my room. There is a hall, a kitchen, a bathroom and a toilet. My room is big and has a large balcony. There is a big bed where I sleep, there's a big cupboard for my clothes and there's a small cupboard for a TV. In My room there is a large mirror on the wall and a lot cosmetics on a small cupboard.
My daughter's room isn't big. In this room there's my daughter's bed, where my daughter sleeps, a writing table and a chair, on a small cupboard, a piano and a large TV on the wall. One table is small and it is in the centre of the room. There are always books and magazines. On the walls there are a lot of our photos. There aren't any flowers in our flat.
Our bathroom isn't big. There's a bath, a cupboard with a sink and a mirror, a toilet and a holder for towels.
Our kitchen is big. Our washing machine is in the kitchen. There's a table with four chairs, a big closet, a fridge next to the table, a cooker and a sink. When we have parties, we sit at the dinning table in the kitchen. We usually have lunch and dinner in the kitchen. My daughter likes to eat at the computer or the TV, I really do not like it. We like our flat because it is comfortable and clean.

Very good! There aren't a lot of mistakes, only a few ([e fju:] - kelios, nedaug).

• Jurate
  • Moderatorius
  • Moderatorius
More
prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. - prieš 7 m. 3 mėn. #6517 nuo Jurate
Hi, dear Tuesday stidents! How are you? I'm well :)

Here's what to do for next Tuesday, the 7th of February :
Remember these words and phrases:

to be called [kold] - būti vadinamam (I'm called Jurate - Mane vadina Jurate); a way [uei] - kelias būdas; the best way [the best uei] - geriausias būdas;
a mountain [mauntein] - kalnas; a hill [hil] - kalva; the river [rive] - upė; the sea [si:] - jūra; a bridge [bridž] - tiltas; to cross [kros] - pereiti, pervažiuoti, perplaukti...; a ferry [feri] - keltuvas; a trolley [troli] - vežimėlis ant ratukų; a trolley bus [troli bas] - troleibusas; a ship [šip] - didelis laivas; a boat [bout] - bet koks laivas, valtis; sailing [seiling] - plaukiojimas laivu, buriavimas; fishing [fišing] -žvejojimas; to sunbathe [sanbath] - degintis saulėje; sunbathing [sanbathing] - deginimasis saulėje; a beach [bi:č] - paplūdimys; bet kokia smėlėta jūros, ežero, upės pakrantė, kur galima pasimaudyti ir pasideginti; to cycle [saikl] - važinėtis dviračiu; cycling [saikling] - važinėjimasis dviračiu; a bike, a bicycle [baik, baisikl] - dviratis.
a border [bo/r/de] - siena;
a direction [direkšn] - kryptis
a sign [sain] - ženklas
turn left/ turn right [to/r/n left / to/r/n rait] - pasukite kairėn/dešinėn
on the left / on the right - kairėje / dešinėje
go up/go down/ go on - [gou ap/ gou daun/ gou on] - eikite tolyn;
go straight on [gou streit on] - eikite tiesiai
to get to [tiu get tiu] - nueit, pasiekti; How to get to the newsagent's? [hau tiu get tiu the nju:zeidžents]- Kaip nueiti iki laikraščių parduotuvėlės?
to take [teik] - paimti, įsėsti; Take a book! [teik e buk] - paimk knygą; Take a taxi! [teik e taksi] - pasigauk taksi; Take the Vilnius street [teik the mein strit] - įsukite ir eikite Vilniaus gatve;

a hometown, a home town - gimtasis ar gyvenamasis miestas; a market town [maket taun] - miestas su turgumi; an official guide [ofišl gaid] - oficialus turistinis gidas; a town hall [taun hol] - miesto rotušė; a description [deskripšn] - aprašymas; a castle [ke:sl] - pilis in the middle [midl] - viduryje; a wood [a /v/u:d] - miškas; bookshop [bukšop] - knygynas; a high street [hai stryt] - miesto gatvė, kurioje yra geriausios parduotuvės ir užeigos; a pub [pab] - alinė; huge [hju:dž] - milžiniškas; a view [vju:] - panoraminis vaizdas; a walk [uo:k] - pasivaikščiojimų takas; an estate [esteit] - valda, teritorija; King's Arms Hotel [kinz a/r/mz hotel] - Karaliaus ginklų viešbutis; Pennyfarthing Hotel [penifa/r/thing hotel] - Kapeikas perdžiantis viešbutis :lol: ; a crown [kraun]- karūna, a bull [bul] - jautis, bulius; Thai [ thai] - tailandietiškas; Mediterranean [mediterani: an] - Viduržiemio jūros

Do the exercises on pages 48,49,50, 51 in Workbook

Extra exersises. (extra [ekstra] - papildoma(s)). You don't have to do it. Do it only if you want :)
Where can you:

Write on the Forum about your home town!

Answer the questions from page 62 in the Student's Book:

Answer my two extra questions:
Is it cold, warm, hot, wet, foggy, rainy or sunny in Pasvalys?
How to get to Pasvalys centre (Vytautas Square) from your home?

My home town
I live and work in Pasvalys. This is a small town in the North of Lithuania near the border with Latvia. About eight thousand people live in this town. There's a church, a market, a cheese factory ([čyz fe:kteri] - sūrių gamykla), a biofuel factory ([bajo-fjuel fekteri] - biokuro gamykla), a hospital, three schools. I think Pasvalys is a green town, because there are three parks and three rivers. There is a spring too. The spring is called 'Žaliasis šaltinis' - 'The Green Spring'.

I think the weather in Pasvalys is nice. It is not too cold and not too hot. It is usually about twenty five degrees in summer and about minus five or minus ten degrees in winter. We have snow in winter but not a lot. In spring and in autumn it rains a lot.

I work in the town library. After work and at the weekends I like to go out (išeiti iš namų). I like walking in parks and cycling in the countryside ([kantrisaid] - už miesto, kaimiškoje vietovėje). I also go to Pasvalys Sports Centre. I like to swim there.

I usually go shopping to 'Maxima' supermarket. At the weekend I go to the market in the centre of the town. Sometimes I and my colleagues go to the restaurant "Pas Rimą" ("At Rimas' " ). We have birthday and New Year parties there.

Pasvalys is a small town, there aren't any buses or trolleybuses. I always walk or cycle when I go somewhere ([samue:] - kur nors).

I think Pasvalys is a good place to live. It is cosy ([kozi] - jaukus), green and tidy. It is not very busy, it is safe. It is not far from big cities. The only problem is to find a job.

Tourists [tuerists] - turistai) can stay in the hotel "Pas Rimą" ("At Rimas' "). It is in the centre of Pasvalys, next to the library and 'Maxima' supermarket. It is not luxurious, but it is cheap. There is also a luxurious hotel "Šilo" ("The Park's " ) in the park of Pasvalys, but it is expensive. The hotel is next to the lake "Šilo" (lake [leik] - ežeras) and the view is very beautiful.

There are some cafes and a restaurant in the centre of Pasvalys where tourists can go to eat. I think the food isn't very expensive and it is good. The problem is that the cafes often close for private parties ([praivat pa/r/tiz] - privatiems vakarėliams).

The best way to see Pasvalys is to go for a walk or to cycle. In summer you can take a boat and sail in the river Lėvuo!

How to get to Pasvalys centre from my home? I live in Rūtų street. It is very near to the centre. Go up Rūtų street and turn right into Biržų street. Go straight on, turn right into Vilnius street and you're in the centre! :cheer:

Moderatoriai: Jurate
Puslapio sukūrimo laikas: 0.486 sekundžių